Poll: 4 new allied races will be:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    So it could very likely be lightbound undead for Alliance, and Saberon/Saurok for Horde.
    But we usually get these AR upgrades for the same faction.
    Trolls get Zandalari Trolls and so on, wouldn't make much sense to give the Worgen-like AR to the Horde and the Undead-like AR to the Alliance.

I'd rather see races like Ogre, Vrykul, Ethereals, Naga, High Elves, Arakoa and such races as full blown races, with their own cities and starting regions. Of course in the end every race would deserve this, but the Allied Race system makes it unlikely that Blizzard does it for "minor" races. Of course if they're lazy as always, we might never get full blown races again. Which would be a shame.

Based on the option i'd say Mogu for Horde and Ankoan/Jinyu have the best chance for the last set of Allied Races because both are present in the story of BfA, while a lot of other races in that list played no role.

for it to be more interesting, it would have been necessary to add:

- High elves
    - wildhammer dwarfs
    - Taunkas
    - forest trolls
    - dragonmaw orcs

But I think they are all in "other".

Personally I want (allied race or just plain race addition):
    - Ogre (that we don't have ogres is just a disgrace)
    - Taunka (really, they've been a part of the horde since WotLK. Why the fuck did we get Highmountain tauren instead?)
    - High elves (though Blizzard has fucked that up. Resolving the TBC junkie plot ruined a lot of the chances of seeing a group of high elves in the Alliance)
    - Naga (obviously, though would probably just be an added race)
    - More TROLLS! Forest Trolls! Ice Trolls! Sand Trolls! Troll faction? I see how it might dilute the potential to use trolls as enemies, but that could be avoided by it being outcast tribes instead of a large amount of these types of trolls.
    - Vrykul (much better than Kul'Tirans and Stormwind humans. C'mon we've been asking for this for so long)
    - San'layn (need some edge race that's not a joke like Void Elves)
    - Murlocs (better than gnomes)
    - Furbolg (need more beastial races that's not furry bait)
    - Quilboar (need more beastial races that's not furry bait)
    - Tol'Vir or Saberon (a cat race, much better than the Vulpera)
    - Wildhammer Dwarves (by including Dark Iron Trolls, Wildhammer Dwarves should be a given)
    - Sethrak (a much better choice than the Vulpera)
    - Arakkoa (a bird race? Much better than Vulpera. Also, much more relevant.)
    - Centaur (why not? Much more unique and interesting than things like Void Elves or Lightbound Draenei. If Keepers of the Grove existed more of, you could have quadrupedal races for each faction. Then again, there's also the Tol'Vir.)

Honestly, the only allied races I've been satisfied with is Zandalari Trolls, Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har (though should've been Outland Mag'har). Oh and I guess the Nightborne.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    But we usually get these AR upgrades for the same faction.
    Trolls get Zandalari Trolls and so on, wouldn't make much sense to give the Worgen-like AR to the Horde and the Undead-like AR to the Alliance.
    And yet Nightborne and Void Elves exist.
    "Why has government been instituted at all? Because the passions of men will not conform to the dictates of reason and justice, without constraint." - Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by The Betrayer View Post
    There are infinite options.

My favourite, Blood Elf vampires with wings that look like Queen Lana'thel. Sort of like an evolution of the San'layn.
    This is a good point. There are definitely more options that blizz could use. Should we ever explore the other side of Azeroth, i'm pretty sure there are still undiscovered races that could be used.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    And yet Nightborne and Void Elves exist.
    Because Void Elves only share commonalities with Night Elves but not... Blood Elves? And Nightborne make total sense with Blood Elves... but not Night Elves?
    We're talking about 4 almost identically looking Elf races here, only difference being their tint.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I thought Vulpera would be a new race instead of allied, because so far the allied races were like "sub-races" of existing races...so I guess Blizzard can pull out anything now and call it an allied race.....
    At this point, I believe the definition of an Allied Race is that it's either a sub-race and/or a new race that uses a pre-existing model. We currently have 1 Allied Race that fits in only one of these two categories. Kul Tirans fit only the former while Vulpera the latter. That's the only thing I can really think of though.

But yeah, we can have just about everything at this point. I also still don't see why we can't eventually get Naga. They can coil their tails or some shit when mounted, sitting, etc. I'd love to play as a Naga.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    are allied races going to be a thing moving forward post BfA? or will we just get races; no unlock, no nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    are allied races going to be a thing moving forward post BfA? or will we just get races; no unlock, no nothing
    I'd be surprised if they kept up the unlocking mechanic considering how extremely unpopular it is.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If Mogu even remotely happens while Pandas are on both sides still. Im out.

As many as blizzard wants. Emo elves, glitter draeneis, moose tauren, fox people, turtle people, they came up with all those over the last two expansions. Tbh they've ruined the game with the random allied races at this point, instead of adding races that actually make sense and have been around forever.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I'd be surprised if they kept up the unlocking mechanic considering how extremely unpopular it is.
    I mean I get why they put it behind an unlock; storywise it makes sense. but following that same story makes Allied Races a moot point after the end of BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    If Mogu even remotely happens while Pandas are on both sides still. Im out.
    If you didn't leave when the Suramar elves picked the horde, you are not going to leave for that neither.

Drakonid Orc Shapeshifter (for the Horde) - Counterpart to worgen

Upright! Lightforged Undead (for the Alliance) - Counterpart to regular undead

Bonus 1: Saberon Alied Race neutral akin to Pandaren

Bonus 2: Void elves get a de-voiding abiltiy making them look like High Elves just as how Alleria looks like a High Elf.
    When they enter combat they turn back to be more voidy, akin to worgen-human toggle racial ability

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    I just want Klaxxi or Jinyu
    Would love to see insect-races join wow as playable :

Horde: bi-pedal Nerubian (weaver female, Anubarak male faces)
    Alliance : bi-pedal Mantids (Klaxxi)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The ideal choices would be Fourth War Undead (upright Undead based on the Human model, like Nathanos, Derek and Calia) and Sethrak, which are based on the Worgen rig. Less clear on which side would be getting which. I was expecting the Sethrak to go Alliance a patch after the Vulpera went Horde, but with the war ending that doesn't make much sense any more... and the upright Undead seem mostly Alliance friendly, although I don't feel like they fit in as a full-blown race.

For the Pandaren races, I was always hoping for Mogu, and maybe Jinyu for Alliance (since their models were tweaked a bit to create the Ankoans), but Alliance Mogu and Horde Mok'nathal works as well. There is a connection there between Chen and Rexxar. It's a bit contrived, but it's there.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find anybody mentioning the most important ones:

Murlocs and Kobolds ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    By all official metrics Allied Races are incredibly popular and are directly responsible for WoWs most profitable 48 hours. I will never understand why forumposters who hate playing the actual game have tricked themselves into thinking this feature is going away anytime soon.