Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    we wont, cause they aint
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Yes, but no. Blizzard won´t create a class that is technically the same, deep in the core, as the other two.

Even a Dark Ranger has more chances if you ask me.

But then again, who knows.
    Demon Hunter was endlessly compared to Warlocks and Rogues.

ranged pet dps spec, melee pet dps spec, self caster dps spec.

Frost - dps
    Blood - dps
    Plague - dps

But I still prefer Dark Ranger or Dragonsworn.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Won't be a tank if it is a cloth class. Blizzard has straight out come and said that they won't do it.

I think the Bolvar cinematic questions having a tinker class as every new class has matched the theme of the expansion. Especially since Mechagon is relatively isolated to one segment, isn't thematic to the shadowlands, and the gnomes went Alliance.

Ranged/healer would be my guess. Two specs. Ranged could do something different, such as cast while channeling or using channels to trigger spells. Healer could actually be the one to have the pets. WoW literally doesn't have a healer-pet class.
    Both specs should have pets.

A healing spec can channel healing spells through skeletons, just like a DPS spec could channel damaging abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    What if there isn't a new class at all, instead all the DK stuff is because they're expanding the class.

No longer starts at 55. Now has 4 specs;

Blood stays as tank
    Unholy becomes a pet summoner ranged dps
    Frost goes 2h melee dps
    Fire becomes a new healer spec
    I'm not opposed to it but I think they'd get a lot of backlash for being lazy about "not adding a new class", and the last thing they want is more backlash right now.

If they do that, they have to figure something out in regards to armor. Unholy can't be wearing plate.

Plague > dot based disease / debuff spec. Closest is an affliction warlock

Lich > Frost / shadow caster who also summons undead minions

And a healer spec, that would pull residual life energy from corpses and use it to heal. or something to that affect. Maybe sacrifice undead minions to heal allies. Whatever the case, I see them trying to include a healing spec so DPS queue times don't get even worse.

A tank is the hardest one to fit in.

A physical damage spec is the most unlikely. I cannot think of any examples of a melee necromancer in WoW because they would all fit under the death knight umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Abandon it. Too much overlap with DK and Warlock.
    Also abandon Dark Ranger, too much overlap with Hunter/Rogue and neither faction would accept it because it's a Sylvanas-raised "class".
    Tinker is the true class.

PS: WoW's expansion may be revealed tomorrow, but details won't be until Saturday.
    no, there are several panels on the mythic stage so you will know a whole lot tomorrow, just like it was 2 years ago...
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Plague > dot based disease / debuff spec. Closest is an affliction warlock

Lich > Frost / shadow caster who also summons undead minions

And a healer spec, that would pull residual life energy from corpses and use it to heal. or something to that affect. Maybe sacrifice undead minions to heal allies. Whatever the case, I see them trying to include a healing spec so DPS queue times don't get even worse.

A tank is the hardest one to fit in.

A physical damage spec is the most unlikely. I cannot think of any examples of a melee necromancer in WoW because they would all fit under the death knight umbrella.
    You don't really play a "Melee necromancer", its more that its melee damage because it would focus on melee pets, should have clarified.

Heavy summoning spec with lots of minions, removing the shitty imps from demonology and letting Demon being the "big dudes summoner"

A shadowfrost caster spec.

A healing spec.

Warlocks were never about becoming demonic. Why that was added in I'll never know (even though it was kinda cool). Also what did DH steal from DKs???

Except the further additional removal of Warlock as well as DK flavors.
    i am going to assume is the meta whining again. warlocks took it from DH originally. if the warlock book in game is still canon, meta was taken from Illidan.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Abandon it. Too much overlap with DK and Warlock.
    Also abandon Dark Ranger, too much overlap with Hunter/Rogue and neither faction would accept it because it's a Sylvanas-raised "class".
    Tinker is the true class.

PS: WoW's expansion may be revealed tomorrow, but details won't be until Saturday.
    Overlapping classes has never stopped them for any previous class. DPS monks were rogues through and through, just with out weapons. Demon Hunters were warriors, using the same resource just with a different name, and abilities with slightly different mechanics to separate them. There was nothing mold breaking about any previously released class.

Tinker would probably break the mold, but thematically it makes zero sense to introduce tinker to WoW at this point in time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't really think it'll happen, but if they do, I'd like to see a new pet system (build-a-zombie familiar essentially) and at the very least a healer spec (use necromantic powers to stave off and reverse death, mend flesh and bone, etc.) in addition to the obvious ranged DPS. I think a tanking spec could be interesting if you could swap control between your character and your familiar (with your character behaving like a ranged pet).

Personally I'm hoping for a witch doctor/shadow hunter class with necromancy elements.

to add to my other post.
    Bone(dps spec focusing on pets and spells)
    Transfusion(healing spec. draining health from enemy and transferring it to an ally. another deal damage to heal spec)
    Decay(dps spec focusing on spells/dots)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    to add to my other post.
    Bone(dps spec focusing on pets and spells)
    Transfusion(healing spec. draining health from enemy and transferring it to an ally. another deal damage to heal spec)
    Decay(dps spec focusing on spells/dots)
    I think Bone could allow for another ranged physical damage dealer in the form of the first physical caster spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

In addition this logic is just a truly terrible argument. They haven't added a single class that didn't overlap with other classes.
    What's a terrible argument to me is that because another game did it, WoW is likely to do it.

For as much as I would love a true Necromancer, and loved it in Diablo 2 & 3, classes in WoW are supposed to feel unique. Warlocks and Death Knights already fill up the niche.

I think we might get tinkers, but I'm hoping for Dark Rangers. It's time for another physical ranged class.

5+ Year Old Account
    i would make 3 specs
    1)Bone : Summoner of variants Skeletons;
    2)Life : Healer that sacrifice his own HP;
    3)Death : Death magic caster with pet - as cast hands.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I mean BfA established three very distinct forms of necromantic magic with distinct visuals.

So a blood healing/ranged dps spec, a WC3 legacy skeletal construct ranged dps spec, and a necrotic ranged dps spec.

But you could also have a more scourge-y soul magic spec, a fungal/rot spec a la Underrot/Plague quarter, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by runebobo View Post
    What's a terrible argument to me is that because another game did it, WoW is likely to do it.

For as much as I would love a true Necromancer, and loved it in Diablo 2 & 3, classes in WoW are supposed to feel unique. Warlocks and Death Knights already fill up the niche.

I think we might get tinkers, but I'm hoping for Dark Rangers. It's time for another physical ranged class.
    Why do people keep saying this?

We've had multiple classes that were very similar to other classes. In fact, all of them shared similarities to some extent.

Necromancer can very easily be designed in such a way to be mechanically and thematically unique from warlock and dks. Not to mention warlocks aren't even similar to necromancers. They summon demons and abuse fel magic, they don't summon undead and focus on draining life force. Drain life being a warlock spell actually makes zero sense and I'd fully expect to see it get shifted to a necromancer in some capacity, like how DHs took Meta from Warlocks (which also didn't fit warlocks)

I think this is just a flimsy argument being used by people who don't want a necromancer, as opposed to being a legitimate critique.

Death
    Pestilence
    Flesh