Poll: How dissapointing was the blizzcon trailer for you?

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im returning, Sounds fucking sick

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    This seems like the smallest expansion feature video I've ever seen.. what the hell is happening? no new class, no new regular races..? it's not like there are huge model updates like back in WoD. after BfA, this is seriously not what I've expected and I have no idea what to feel, atm. Trust me, I'm never one of those naysayers when it comes to new expacs. The visuals look great but... Overall so far it's just.. What the hell?? What is going on??
    I think that's only good that they're not adding new classes. I just hope we don't run out of fun things to do fast.

I hope Sylvanas dies for good this time

they announced new zones and that's about it. Is that really xpack worthy?...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Blizzcon is not over yet, but announcing and expansion with nothing than new zones and factions is really distubing, for example look the WoD trailer, compare it with this trailer. Something is feeling off, and just the lack of information.

Bolvar went out super fast imo but other than that I liked it.

We haven’t even seen most of the content updates yet so I’m not sure how anyone can tell you if they like it or not. Like, the tower sounds cool and the covenants sound interesting and the zones look good but that’s about all we know. Gotta wait for the wow what’s next panel to see what they’re actually doing. Don’t just assume this is all we get, at the very least wait for the panel. I’m still skeptical as well but it’d be dumb not to wait until then.

I literally cannot wait for Sylvanas to finally be out of this game, she needs to die

This poll isn't hilariously unbalanced or anything.

Imagine moaning literally immediately after seeing an announcement with no real context or explanation.

Won't pass any judgement on the game until we hear the nuts and bolts.

If Blizzard hasn't done anything regarding Class homogenization, free loots, reducing raid tiers, removing mythic+ grinds, removing LFR, removing auto group finder and removing stat scaling then unfortunately - no sub from me.

Yeah! New story lines and new art...

So Expansions now mean "reskinned content"? What else is there? No new systems? Class reworks? WTF Blizz? I give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Massively underwhelmed sums it up - I'm not on the Sylvanas-hate bandwagon (I think Blizz's writing for her has sucked for a while, but that is no different than how they've handled all the rest of the story and lore for a while). My thoughts are about what they were for WoD: this doesn't interest me in the slightest, it looks exceedingly stupid at first glance, and I'm a little surprised this got past the pitch stage, much less that it will be going live (it really reeks of WoD - formerly admired sympathetic protagonist goes too far, taps super-evil power, goes "outside" Azeroth to introduce an even bigger threat along with novel places and people the players are supposed to care about for some reason). In theory, the "this world is a trap" angle could go somewhere interesting, but I think it's clear that "the Shadowlands" will be just another set of Expansion Isles (even in the lore).

For comparison, my reaction to past expansion announcements:

BC - What, there's more?
    Wrath- Woo! (Cinematic was a little weak, though)
    Cata - Looks awesome! (It wasn't - I was very wrong.)
    MoP - Wtf Pandas? (It was pretty fun - I was wrong.)
    WoD - Hell no. (Unsubbed until late Legion. Leveled alts in BfA via PvP so I didn't have to deal with WoD.)
    Legion - Looked good. (I wasn't playing at the time, came in late. Still had fun.)
    BfA - Looks interesting. (Chore Isles of Meh expansion.)
    Shadowlands - Looks dull. (Doesn't even tempt me.)
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2019-11-01 at 07:44 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I am pretty OK with it. What I do not like is the stupidly OP Sylvanas. I knew the moment when she held the Helm of Domination a bit too long that she was going to either throw it away or destroy it.
    Otherwise - yeah, sure, why not. But I am not sure who the big baddie is supposed to be. Not Sylvanas for sure, but who?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    This poll isn't hilariously unbalanced or anything.

Imagine moaning literally immediately after seeing an announcement with no real context or explanation.
    And with no other information than "4 new zones" with 4 new factions and 4 previews of lacklusting armor.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Massively underwhelmed sums it up - I'm not on the Sylvanas-hate bandwagon (I think Blizz's writing for her has sucked for a while, but that is no different than how they've handled all the rest of the story and lore for a while). My thoughts are about what they were for WoD: this doesn't interest me in the slightest, it looks exceedingly stupid at first glance, and I'm a little surprise this got past the pitch stage, much less that it will be going live (it really reeks of WoD - formerly admired sympathetic protagonist goes too far, taps super-evil power, goes "outside" Azeroth to introduce an even bigger threat along with novel places and people the players are supposed to care about for some reason).

BC - What, there's more?
    WoD - Hell no. (Unsubbed until late Legion. Leveled alts in BfA via PvP so I didn't have to deal with WoD.)
    Legion - Looked good. (I wasn't playing at the time, came in late. Still had fun.)
    Blizzard would need to announce that Shadowlands offers class design and pvp gameplay like TBC or Wrath for me to get excited.
    The Class Homogenization has ruined wow.

That end where the sky shattered was fucking awesome. Don't know what people are smoking, but looks super cool.

I all but certain the naysayers are just disappointed that they didn't get exactly why they wanted.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cinematic is amazing,
    Sylvannas is amazing too. After a 10 years break, now is the time to come back

10+ Year Old Account
    15 years of WoW will multiple examples of them messing stuff up and never fixing it or just being left totally disappointed and yet people will still tell us to "just wait". Sure now it's just waiting for the rest of the panels, then it's wait for the Alpha, then beta, then before you know it, it's release time and literally nothing will have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Massively underwhelmed sums it up - I'm not on the Sylvanas-hate bandwagon (I think Blizz's writing for her has sucked for a while, but that is no different than how they've handled all the rest of the story and lore for a while). My thoughts are about what they were for WoD: this doesn't interest me in the slightest, it looks exceedingly stupid at first glance, and I'm a little surprise this got past the pitch stage, much less that it will be going live (it really reeks of WoD - formerly admired sympathetic protagonist goes too far, taps super-evil power, goes "outside" Azeroth to introduce an even bigger threat along with novel places and people the players are supposed to care about for some reason).

BC - What, there's more?
    Yeah you pretty much nailed what I felt looking the announcement live.

for me the best announcement was WotLK, with WoD being the most good loking expac.
    This time felt like a joke, a major patch, anything but a real expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    fuck i jsut watched that cinematic!
    damn nice im hyped af