Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    In the land of min-maxers there is nothing that won't be min-maxed.
    yeah, and also if you play 2 specs or if a covenant is better for m+ and another is better for raids or whatever just turn the new system in something annoying. They already say you can pay gold to change covenant, but im guess every change is gonna cost more gold. what happens if you change? you start from zero like professions? if you dont in the end probably people are gonna grind the 4 covenants to have all the options, and you nee anima power to push forward in the covenant talent tree, so how that is not a grind?

Since war between alliance and horde is over there must be some reason to let the pvpers keep fighting. The first thing after i heard the term covenant i've seen souls pvp system before my inner eye

The way I understand it, Covenants are a combination of a few systems.

They consist of:

Faction storyline (like Alliance/Horde war campaign)
    Shared ability, class ability
    Player contribution hub like Garrison/Class Hall/Suramar
    Faction rewards/cosmetics

You get a sampling of each when leveling the first character, and choose one permanently at max level. Once you're already done Shadowlands on a character, alts can choose any covenant to start with and work towards endgame goals while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    yeah, and also if you play 2 specs or if a covenant is better for m+ and another is better for raids or whatever just turn the new system in something annoying. They already say you can pay gold to change covenant, but im guess every change is gonna cost more gold. what happens if you change? you start from zero like professions? if you dont in the end probably people are gonna grind the 4 covenants to have all the options, and you nee anima power to push forward in the covenant talent tree, so how that is not a grind?
    Eh, the game is never going to be super friendly to min-maxers and that's fine. The more RPG-ish elements of these types of systems should trump any annoyances they might cause to players who want to be optimized 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The Arbiter is like the WoW version of the Sorting Hat and The Covenants are like Houses in the Wizarding World. The Hat places you in the correct House after weighing your soul. We see 4 Houses in Shadowlands, but there are many many more Houses unseen (for now).
    So which Covenant is Hufflepuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So... just finished digesting all the info, which to be frank, isn't a whole lot as usual, but one thing that stuck out to me were the supposed 4 Covenants? Are the Kyrians, Stewards, Forsworn, and Centurions going to operate like 4 factions game play-wise? If so, that almost justifies the soft reboot and level squish. But if they're just reputations to grind in separate zones like Voldunai and Zandalari, then it's a wasted opportunity. For example, if my rogue joins the Kyrians, and then a guild mate joins the Stewards, can we now kill each other in Shadowlands because we're enemies, or am I completely misunderstanding it and "Covenants" are just a pretty word to say "reputations?"
    They're not really gonna function like factions, because then you wouldn't be able to play with people from a different covenant. They are going to be like reputations in essence. Do stuff for them and get rewards. Only now you need to spread that out onto 4 different characters in order to get all the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    They're not really gonna function like factions, because then you wouldn't be able to play with people from a different covenant. They are going to be like reputations in essence. Do stuff for them and get rewards. Only now you need to spread that out onto 4 different characters in order to get all the stuff.
    Eh, makes sense I guess-- *squints at avatar.* Damn, you're fast! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Eh, makes sense I guess-- *squints at avatar.* Damn, you're fast! lol
    I like blue-skinned cuties I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    how do you even abbreviate Shadowlands? Damn this word is long!
    I'd shorten it like : SHDL