Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Didn't see anything interesting or hook to grab me. Looks like a big patch and not some big great thing that supposed to get my friends hyped to play.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Looks really fun, I really enjoy the removal of the AP grind as well as the removal of RNG of crafting stuff, really hope they make sockets not RNG as well.

Not hyped at all.
    -No new races
    -No new class
    -Judging from the beta ganmeplay that I have seen, no substantial class changes
    - Possibilty of getting shafted for picking the wrong convent

ehh

3+ Year Old Account
    I think that it looks like an awesome content patch but a filler expansion. This is the first expansion that I have not been super excited about after its announcement.

But perhaps that’s a good thing! After all, I was really hyped about WoD, and I wound up hating that expansion so much that my Alts that are in that expansion’s content have been stuck there since the expansion came to a close and I can’t force myself to suffer through it any longer.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Is there a lot of negativity? I don't play retail any more, but it seemed to have a lot of improvements. Alts that earn engame progression sounds pretty cool. I mean, if you have a mythic raid char on your account.
    there will always be negativity about WoW - they could have a fucking god tier expansion and people will always hate on it. why? because they need to I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there will always be negativity about WoW - they could have a fucking god tier expansion and people will always hate on it. why? because they need to I guess?
    I don't know why it's so hard to understand. These are good changes that should have been made years ago. So for many, it's too little too late.

And system and QoL changes aren't exactly exciting selling points for expansions, where people want/expect new content and features.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Is there a lot of negativity? I don't play retail any more, but it seemed to have a lot of improvements. Alts that earn engame progression sounds pretty cool. I mean, if you have a mythic raid char on your account.
    You ain't getting raid progression. More like earning reps, doing world quests, gaining mats or whatever you could only do at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    I don't know why it's so hard to understand. These are good changes that should have been made years ago. So for many, it's too little too late.

And system and QoL changes aren't exactly exciting selling points for expansions, where people want/expect new content and features.
    If it's too little too late then why even post to bitch? Move on. Let it go.

Given this is original content and lore DEVELOPMENT, and NOT retconing, yea Shadowlands looks dope.

It's totally different which is why WoW succeeds so well. People criticize WoW for being a FFA fantasy circus that has everything including dinosaurs. Well guess what? WoW does have dinosaurs, and now it has a fucking afterlife.

Shadowlands also links together Azeroth and the Dream in a more tangible way. The Dream is possibly the most abstract piece of fantasy out there - a place that doesn't really exist but does out of the sake of what is. Same with the shadowlands, but you reach shadowlands in death to bring new life. With the Dream it would be the opposite, which is pretty unintuitive.

Who knows, maybe voidlords, maybe the dream would come after.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    oh you
    I know, I'm all caught up. I'm fizzled out on it. Holding out hope for Class re-skins which isn't looking likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    They had me when they announced the death of the AP grind.
    They'll have you even more when you AFK mid-air with nothing to do and complain about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Amazing only cinematic , as for all other things boring recycled textures , anima new azerite , no new races,classes,specs -> feels empty

Same way like allied races ,new races of shadowlands IS reskins with extra steps.

1) Covenant: Kyrian = blue humanoids = aka SMURFS (Owlmen looks better, not AR 100% )

2) Covenant: Necrolord = Troll based undeads (3 finger hands give-away)

3) Convenant: Night Fae = Satyr vegans GooD-bois

4) Covenant: Venthyr = prehistoric Darkfallen Vamps (Gargoyles looks better,not AR 100%)

People say that you can CHANGE Covenant at will (respec alike), but isnt its not lore friendly ?)

Oh i maxed rep with you guys, now i gonna switch and work for yours enemies .... GOOD DAY SIR,YOU LOSE.

Seed of betrayal you put in this one , 12y old kid gonna grow up to be very bad boy, WoW showed him that you can change sides with one click He-he , sworn allegiance to covenant only to betray trust in 5 min ..... not trustworthy generation.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-02 at 03:16 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

they would have announced it today, same with cross faction grouping, same with new playable races. such a shame cause the art and storyline look awesome
    Yeah, this is looking like WoD content-wise to me. It might just have a more interesting story, but they're really underestimating how much replay value a new class adds to the game. Once people go through the zones once, they'll just unsub. A new class would have added x amount of hours played for every player.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Anima Power says hi

there will always be a grind
    if the grind is a finite one (weekly cap) and can come from a wide variety of sources so you can pick how you reach the cap then that is a good grind

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Nothing about it looks even remotely amazing.
    Well fuck off and dont play it or wow. Take your toxicity to your therapist.

yup

I mean you actually have to try to screw up an expansion this bad. and ion says “no new AP grind” the same day they announce anima power. they’re trolling us.
    "You will, during the course of your adventures in the Shadowlands, be gathering anima from various sources and you can put it towards a bunch of different ends. and one of those is powering up your soulbind. but we want it to be something that you can do at the beginning of your play session. It's something you can take a little bite out of, get yourself an additional "Talent point" or soulbind ability, and then go out and play with it for the rest of the day. The name of the game in Shadowlands is player agency. We don't want there to be an infinitely grindable system like Artifact Power or Azerite. We want you to be able to feel like you can do that, and then you can go off and do some other stuff."

LOL. It literally sounds just like AP, except instead of being able to run Islands infinitely, you're limited in how much you can gain per day.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?
    I'm hyped.

I was kinda "ehhh" after the cinematic, but then the Features video and the What's Next panel, I'm VERY hyped.

I can't wait to see the custom stuff the covenants bring.
    I can't wait to see what new Demonology gameplay's coming
    I can't wait to see what they're going to do with the new customization for Blood Elves. Face tattoos like in WC3? Blue Eyes? Are we getting Undead Belves? San'layn?
    I can't wait to level up some new alts and check out the old school feel of getting new spells more often and whatnot.
    Also, I'm intrigued by that endless tower.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Anyone else is hyped for Shadowlands?

Just finished watching wow panel and I can't wait to hear about it more. Why so much negativity?
    Because its lacking anything new aside from quests and factions. Its barely an expansion.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I'm carefully excited and mildly interested, I just don't give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt anymore because they've burned me (almost) every time, especially in the last few years. So I'll wait and see what really gets released and if it matches the hype they try to generate around it.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinosaur View Post
    Only one thing worries me - how am I going to farm mogs and mounts now?
    just like you did before. you will be lvl 50 but molten core will only be like lvl 20-25 ish. you will still one shot everything you can do now. Nothing will change. Everything you can solo now, will be able to solo after the squish... and blizzard fixing all the fuckps that inevitably will come