Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is the Jailor the ultimate enemy of void the voices told Alleria about in the three sisters comic?
    Also someone had to imprison him or build Oribos perhaps he is connected to the Arbiter?

And is Anima the same thing the Mogu extracted out of Ra'den??????
    Last edited by Aestholus; 2019-11-02 at 12:05 PM.

A brand new character probably

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The Jailer is probably Mueh'zala, but I figure Mueh'zala isn't in fact a loa, but was treated as such by the Trolls. He is something much older and much more terrifying with a different true name as Mueh'zala is a bit naff isn't it.

I believe the key to understanding the Jailer will be understanding the Arbiter and seeing what their connection is.
    Loa isn't some specific thing. Anything the trolls worship is a loa. Most are just wild gods, some, like Bwonsamdi, aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    They said that about the Arbiter. He is the ancient one, not the Jailer.

That being said, I do hope that its a new player on the field.
    You were not listening. The plane and everything there is ancient. Jailer was a part of this ancient mechanism, and people who died in Azeroth will be there as just 'normal' souls.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    Mueh'zala

Thought it was obvious.
    He is right. End of the topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No, she got powers from Jailor. Similar to Jaina getting powers from Christie Golden.
    An underrated comment. Kudos.
    I am fairly certain the Jailor will be something obscure we’ve heard of already, but nothing we’ve ever seen.

By the way, any former (orrrrr current, who knows) EverQuest players get a SERIOUS Plane of Justice vibe from the whole Jailor of the Maw thing?
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

My guess is either Mueh'zala or some form of Ner'zhul.

Someone we haven't met before.

i doubt it 's Kel 'Thuzad since he never permanently died.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    He is right. End of the topic
    Isn't Mueh'zalas form supposed to be indistinct and ever shifting?
    Doesn't look that way in the cinematic.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    This thing is supposed to be ancient, it's not KT. The crown could be some sort of hint, though, as it feels weird they would explicitly choose to not make it a shadowy outline. Choosing vague names like 'the Jailer' and 'the Arbiter' makes me think their actual names will be important somehow. The fact that the Jailer is the one who is jailed is irritating me a lot and I really want to know more about this thing, and how its goals align with Sylvanas' talk of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    ion said the shadowlands were around before the titans themselves, my crazy theory is, if you played god of war you go into tartarus which is basically how blizzard describes the maw. https://www.greekmythology.com/Other.../tartarus.html "s a place, it was far below than where Hades resided and it was used as the most horrible prison. Some accounts say that the distance between Tartarus and Hades was the same as between the earth and the heaven. Although the kingdom of Hades was the place of the dead, Tartarus was where ferocious monsters and horrible criminals were banished, or where the gods imprisoned their rivals after a war. The three judges of the Underworld, Rhadamanthus, Aeacus and Minos, decided who would go to the realm of Hades and who would be banished to Tartarus. "n Greek mythology, Tartarus was both a primordial deity that existed before the Olympians, as well as a name to describe a region of the Underworld. As a god, he was third in rank after Chaos and Gaea, preceding Eros."
    What if there is gods that pre date the pantheon like how the titans in greek mythology are dethroned by the olympians and banished to tartarus. Its clear from the shadowlands demo i seen played at blizzcon that its heavily influenced by hades, the residents of bastion which would be elysium, all have greek inspired names, but i obviously theres no 1 to 1 connections just wild speculation
    Wild speculation can hit on the right threads though. I hadn't considered the Tartarus similarity, but in retrospect it would be insane to not parallel The Maw with it, and potentially the deity itself as well. There was some speculation in the weeks leading up to the announcement regarding a 'death titan' to counterbalance Eonar, much like the Shadowlands do for the Emerald Dream. Something on a cosmic level like that could be cool.

Mueh'zala isn't unthinkable - we can safely assume this thing was whispering to Vol'jin under the guise of a loa. My gut feeling is that the mentions of Mueh'zala thus far don't really reflect something so... imprisoned. That said, he is referred to as the Son of Time, though... Between possible themes of time and Tartarus, you can only think of Kronus right? I would be particularly hyped if Warcraft's Pantheon had a Greek titan equivalent who they overthrew and imprisoned in the depths of the underworld. Something ancient, predating the pantheon - I'd be all about it.

I'm hella reaching here, but "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    This thing is supposed to be ancient, it's not KT. The crown could be some sort of hint, though, as it feels weird they would explicitly choose to not make it a shadowy outline. Choosing vague names like 'the Jailer' and 'the Arbiter' makes me think their actual names will be important somehow. The fact that the Jailer is the one who is jailed is irritating me a lot and I really want to know more about this thing, and how its goals align with Sylvanas' talk of freedom.

Wild speculation can hit on the right threads though. I hadn't considered the Tartarus similarity, but in retrospect it would be insane to not parallel The Maw with it, and potentially the deity itself as well. There was some speculation in the weeks leading up to the announcement regarding a 'death titan' to counterbalance Eonar, much like the Shadowlands do for the Emerald Dream. Something on a cosmic level like that could be cool.

Mueh'zala isn't unthinkable - we can safely assume this thing was whispering to Vol'jin under the guise of a loa. My gut feeling is that the mentions of Mueh'zala thus far don't really reflect something so... imprisoned. That said, he is referred to as the Son of Time, though... Between possible themes of time and Tartarus, you can only think of Kronus right? I would be particularly hyped if Warcraft's Pantheon had a Greek titan equivalent who they overthrew and imprisoned in the depths of the underworld. Something ancient, predating the pantheon - I'd be all about it.

I'm hella reaching here, but "The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one."
    and with Ilgnoth being a tiny growth old N'Zoth we could assume that Jailer is old god related, or dead old god. They all predate titans on Azeroth and killed one eons ago. Could the one they killed become the jailer? We met last vestiges of his power on mortal Azeroth in Pandaria

Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

Why do people assume that the Jailer is the one being chained in the cinematic, could just as well just be the chair he sits in being chained to the ground.

Imho the Jailer is also just another kind of keeper guy who prevents the mad souls escaping the maw.

It seems like the whole expansion is working around the machinery how existance works: balance

And the Shadowlands aren't in balance anymore since classic because we put so many and very powerful "dark souls" directly to the maw. Shadow (Void) takes over.

It's Muehzala. Which likely isn't his actual name.

The Ilg whispers confirm this. The last Old God shadow fell and with it came the feast for the Father of Sleep.

That being said, the INTERESTING part is that Muehzala is described as formless and shapeshifting. So the fact that he's taking on a form that's reminiscent of Arthas (seems intentional, Ion corrected it isnt him which implies they acknowledge it looks similar) with a bit of Kel'thuzad has...implications. Especially with the tower looking SO much like Icecrown, the mobs there being clad in such similar armor to the Lich King aesthetic, and with the helm and Frostmourne being made there.

SOMETHING is going on that connects it.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's obviously Mueh'Zala, y'all are stupid af

Terenas Menethil. He's all transformed at this point now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Jailor is ancient.

He's none of the characters we have seen previously.
    You are confusing the Arbiter with the Jailer. It has been stated by Ion (and take this with a grain of salt, because any lore can and will be retconned at the drop of a hat) that the Arbiter is an ancient. Not a single word I have seen has been said about who, or what, the jailer is.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Tyr, the missing titan keeper.
    only that even Ion said Shadowlands predate Titans ...so you all can stop with Nerzhul Arthas or any other known character since none of them are older than the titans...