Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Oh hell yeah, slavery! We need more of that
    Hey, if they're going to insist on being a nuisance instead of sucking it up and turning good on their own, they can live a life of servitude or not live at all. We're not exactly desperate for more people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the fault of this lay squarely at the feet of the school, the parents should for sure sue and the administration held criminally liable of negligence. This shit needs to end if your kid bullies others in school, then your kid needs to be removed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I truly belive the excessive bullying thats historical to american schools is one of the reasons of the ocasional mass shootings. I mean just look the movies from the 80s, bullying is treated as something common. When you push students (or anyone else) to the edge things can quickly go wrong. Previously people suicided now they just go on rampages. Its way past time to schools to fight bullying. Of course its not an USA issue only but seens to be more accepted in there than anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Schools say they have 0 tolerance but they do tolerate it. Parents need to be held accountable for repeat offenders. When my son was bullied I talked to every teacher and nothing happened it wasn't until I bullied the VP with threats of going to the school board and social media that it all stopped.
    Glad to know it worked, worth taking note in case it happens to my kids (they are still very young). I am worried that if it does happen to any of them I might just beat the crap out of the bully. I have zero tolerance for this kind of crap.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    What could actually be done differently to prevent tragedies like this in the future?
    My 2c:

The only thing that will change this sort of thing is better parenting. There is a reason some children become self destructive pack animals that pray on loners at school and its called bad parenting. Likely a result of no decent father-son parenting. Your dad, any dad, any good dad, probably taught you at least once to play fair and that shit like this isn't cool.

The kid who suckerpunched this other dead kid was no doubt a problem throughout all of his school years. Puberty hits and shit gets inflated a thousand fold. Good children become nasty all of a sudden. What happens with bad children? Well, the article in the OP tells you what they start doing.

There is a noticeble lack of decency among young men these days. They don't act like men, they act like boys, boys having tantrums.

I would bet my next paycheck that this kid had no father in his life. This sort of thing isn't something a mother can teach a particularly disagreeable boy. The boy won't respect his mother. He will respect his dad, though, or any adult male figure in his life. He probably just doesn't have one - or worse, has one that enjoys shit like sucker punching random people.

The school can't fix this. Anti bullying methods don't work and in fact make kids look like bigger targets. "Bully hunting" is retarded. The parents can't fix their children afterwards, either. This is the sort of thing that is taught in the 3-6 age range and will stick with them until their adult hood, where it will take immense amounts of personal effort to change.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Thats why you should arm yourself if you get bullied. Have a knife with you and you win any fight.
    I've... seen the results of that. Very stomach emptying. Also no.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Pretty much this is the only correct way of dealing with this kind of stuff. This is also how kids learn not to rely on government, principal or any kind of big brother in any matter
    Most of the times kids cant deal with it. Some become damage for life when interacting with others, some kill themselves while some others end up "dealing with this kind of stuff" with mass shotings. Rather school taking measures. Its their responsability. If the teachers and other adults in charge of a school cant solve it they should be fired or even held responsible for situations like this murder. I tell you if the teachers are warned they can suffer serious consequences for not doing anything they will surely act.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

It dosent help that we have cultural critics who lament how we care too much about "feelings" and boys need to "toughen up" instead of trying to address bullying. And i think of bill burr who said he seen someone who had a kitten t shirt and said " back in my day id get my ass kicked and id deserve it"
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-11-01 at 12:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Pray tell... how can you deal with your bully if they kill you?
    I've been set on fire multiple times, hit by a bus, fell down a flight of stairs as a toddler, drowning, stabbed, pulled shrapnel out of my chest at a particularly fun party, been slammed into concrete headfirst, maintained a lethal fever for a full day, and been electrocuted.

I'll have to defer your question to people who actually die.

EDIT: There, I changed the spelling, unwad your panties.
    Last edited by kasuke06; 2019-11-02 at 02:51 PM.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I've been set on fire multiple times, hit by a bus, fell down a flight of stairs as a toddler, drowned, stabbed, pulled shrapnel out of my chest at a particularly fun party, been slammed into concrete headfirst, maintained a lethal fever for a full day, and been electrocuted.

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Congratulations.
    So... you're saying that people are too sensitive to bullying now. Using you as an example, do you think that if the boy learned to suck it up he would have survived banging his head against the wall?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Maybe change who th fk you hang out with wtf?
    "But it made me into the amazing human being I am today! And if I did, anyone else can - all people have exactly the same reaction to the same negative stimuli, right?"

Even assuming this list wasn't made up in the classic "internet badass" way, it's still just a fancy way of saying "they should toughen up, it can be worse" and ignore any individuality. Some people can tolerate bullying for far longer then other. Some will snap and kill themselves. Some will snap and kill the bully - and half of school. Just because someone had a fucked up life and survived, doesn't mean everyone else will.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Congratulations.
    So... you're saying that people are too sensitive to bullying now. Using you as an example, do you think that if the boy learned to suck it up he would have survived banging his head against the wall?
    Who knows. I've survived a lot of shit being thrown my way. But then again, my entire family has a reputation for being undying assholes. Could be genetics, minor adaptation over time, the furious one looking out for me because I have to kill giants during ragnarok or something, or maybe I pissed off a gypsy.

Point was I don't understand how people can die so easily. It doesn't make sense to me considering all the "I'm not a doctor, but how are you even alive!?" injuries I've racked up personally.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Maybe change who th fk you hang out with wtf?
    I have. Multiple times. Always an opportunity for new injuries to add to the list!

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-02 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I've been set on fire multiple times, hit by a bus, fell down a flight of stairs as a toddler, drowned, stabbed, pulled shrapnel out of my chest at a particularly fun party, been slammed into concrete headfirst, maintained a lethal fever for a full day, and been electrocuted.

if you drowned then you wouldn't be here posting.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    if you drowned then you wouldn't be here posting.
    Non-fatal drowning is in fact a thing, odd that our school system can produce astronauts from ohio, but not basic medical knowledge. Luckily dad was quick on the draw so I just had to cough up a lungful of poolwater and endure a lot of lecturing.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    What could actually be done differently to prevent tragedies like this in the future?
    /reads your post

/looks at your avatar

/looks back at your post

/looks back at your avatar

Well, we can stop exemplifying primitive tribalistic douchebags for a start. ;P

/stares at his own Avatar

"God damnit!" >_<

sad..

It is messed up in a society that if a victim turns around and beats up a bully, the victim gets blamed and people take the bully's side.
    Then the bully's parents sue the other kid and usually win the case out of sympathy.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Non-fatal drowning is in fact a thing, odd that our school system can produce astronauts from ohio, but not basic medical knowledge. Luckily dad was quick on the draw so I just had to cough up a lungful of poolwater and endure a lot of lecturing.
    Drowning is the act. Drowned though is a past tense state of death. Definition is quite literally. Die from submersion and inhalation of water. Two definitions by oed and there were only two. Killed by submersion in water or inhalation. Now... did you die briefly?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...glish/drowning
    "the process of dying because of being underwater and unable to breathe for too long; an act of dying in this way"
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari.../english/drown
    "to die because you have been underwater too long and you cannot breathe; to kill somebody in this way"

Hold the schools and the bullies more accountable ?

If the people working here have their career in play even when it doesn't end with death or serious injury, they'll be much more keen to listen to bullying complaints and take measures.

you said you drowned. you didn't say you were drowning. Drowned means you died from it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari...glish/drowning
    "the process of dying because of being underwater and unable to breathe for too long; an act of dying in this way"
    https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionari.../english/drown
    "to die because you have been underwater too long and you cannot breathe; to kill somebody in this way"
    Jesus. I never would have imagined a video game forum would be so entirely filled with english majors.

Don't you have a book to never actually finish but constantly claim you're writing and have close to done?

ADDITIONAL: There, I edited it, you can now get back to your vast day of sitting in starbucks, doing nothing but lecturing others about how you're constantly working.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-02 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling