Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Gotta boost those MAU . Islands were a complete failure, as were Warfronts, no surprise they were not used again . That doesnt mean that Anima is not the new AP . Even a blind man can see this
    They officially stated that anima is not like ap and its not an endless grind at all

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If a blind man can see it, there's probably something wrong with it.
    Matt Murdock wants a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    You guys might not want to admit it. You guys might not want to believe it.

But, give it 4-5 months of updates here and elsewhere and you'll realise Anima is just Azerite.

They cannot make the game without this system now. Apexis, Artifact Power, Azerite...and now Anima.

Obviously, they don't want you to know Anima is just Azerite just yet. They'll always say that it isn't no matter how similar it is - but it is.

They gave you the bait, now you're going to see the switch.

Ion said that will be more like valor in MoP, they will have a weekly cap you can fill fast and that's it. If you played in Mists you know that Valor grind was excellent unlike AP grind.

But, give it 4-5 months of updates here and elsewhere and you'll realise Anima is just Azerite.
    They're saying it isn't open-ended with diminishing returns. So it probably has a (weekly/daily) cap. In other words, not like Azerite, more like valor in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We already know there isn't going to be an infinitely repeatable source akin to Islands in Shadowlands. So that's going to be rather hard.
    Uh....what about the tower in the middle of the maw....where all souls are going.....infinitely?

and anima is what again? the power from SOULS?

LOL

1. Anima is soul energy all beings possess when they die.
    2. people like Arthas have a ton of anima
    3. higher level mobs in the tower are going to have more anima.
    4. That tower is an infinite grinding tower where you'll be grinding anima from mobs.
    /end
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2019-11-02 at 01:54 PM.

And how many times has blizzard said one thing , and it's another? Its adorable that people still think Blizzard means what it says

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    They officially stated that anima is not like ap and its not an endless grind at all
    That means nothing coming from Ion or blizzard. As soon as Activision sees a drop in MAU...fix that shit do it keeps them logged in longer
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Anima is like azerite and artifact power because it starts with A. Unlike valor or justice or honor. You collect all of those, but they don't start with A.

Given what has been said about Anima so far I'm more inclined to believe it's a currency like titan Residuum or tokens, something you farm but can only spend so much of on certain things. Plenty of people will try to grind as much as they can but there will only be so much you can do with it before you're just spinning your wheels in the mud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Well Ion said in an interview that Anima is gonna be more like Valor in a sense.

You log on maybe once a week, hit your Valor cap in a few hours and you're donezo, your character is optimized for that week. But you can still keep farming Anima, but it'll be more like farming Justice points from that point onward.

They cannot make the game without this system now. Apexis, Artifact Power, Azerite...and now Anima.

Obviously, they don't want you to know Anima is just Azerite just yet. They'll always say that it isn't no matter how similar it is - but it is.

-

Oh, and that tower in the middle of the Maw. It's literally like one of those Hearthstone repeatable adventures and a diablo rift...but in WoW. Hearthstone used to make real content and real bosses before they started to make those. It's the repeatable-island content of this expansion. Don't let Blizzard keep making those or you might find yourself with no handcrafted dungeons at all come next expansion.

Uh....and, the tower in the middle of the maw....where all souls are going.....infinitely?

and anima is what again? the power from SOULS? Join the dots.

4. That tower is an infinite grinding tower where you'll be grinding anima from mobs.
    /end

LOL
    So your saying it will be like BFA which i love but better then ever thank for that info sir i can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally said it wont be ap grind.

OP: AMAG ITS AP GRIND.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

-

Oh, and that tower in the middle of the Maw. It's literally like one of those Hearthstone repeatable adventures and a diablo rift...but in WoW. Hearthstone used to make real content and real bosses before they started to make those. It's the repeatable-island content of this expansion. Don't let Blizzard keep making those or you might find yourself with no handcrafted dungeons at all come next expansion.

Uh....and, the tower in the middle of the maw....where all souls are going.....infinitely?

and anima is what again? the power from SOULS? Join the dots.

/end

LOL
    let's atleast hope it is fun then xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Could be, but they literally stated there would be no "AP grind" in Shadowlands.

AP existing without the grind would be fine.
    in an interview, Ion compared anima to valor points. something that you do once a week for power and move on to other things you want to do.

Uh....what about the tower in the middle of the maw....where all souls are going.....infinitely?

LOL

/end
    yes, one of the ways to get your weekly anima cap will likely be grinding the tower.
    This is a problem because?

The AP/Azurite/Anima system in general is fine. Its a system that keeps progressing throughout the expansion. The problem was with the infinite grind. Remove that and what is the problem?

Weekly cap of X. Here is a bunch of activities you can do to reach said cap. Pick the most efficient one or the one you enjoy doing. The choice is yours.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Anima is AP, just without the infinite grind. There's always going to be some form of alternate advancement.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're all fighting over Anima being the new Azerite when the true issue is Covenant being the new Azerite traits.

They're supposed to work like Aldor/Scryers, but with the classes still being pruned to death (talent tree will not change at all) and the class devs being complete idiots, as we saw all through BfA, people will have to change Covenants every patch at least.

I'm giving retail WoW a pass this time because they're taking a bigger dump on the lore than they did with BfA (I mean, come on, it was Sargeras who created the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne, this whole "Hurr Durr it was made in Shadowlands" retcon makes me retch), but I played BfA since the first day of Beta, and I can see Covenants being an issue from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if they add 'AP' as long as I don't have to no-life grind it.

Anima sounds 100% like a lore thing and 0% like a gameplay thing. I doubt it will have anything to do with the game outside of quest text. It even sounds like it only matters to one of the 4 "covenants". Im just wondering if vita will also be making an appearence seeing as that was the other force ra-den used in his fight.
    Apexis were also nothing even close to artifact power, they were just another currency. Closer to valor points or prismatic manapearls.

LOL

/end
    Nice conflating of lore and game mechanics.

So if i need money i can just go to a bank and take some from there? Since banks are places where there's a lot of money lying around, you know.

nope it is not. Blizzard has explained why. preach ask in a q&a. And its not.