Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slum King View Post
    Arthas would have never let this happen I guarantee it. And no Sylvanas or her master ain't soloing the scourge cause they get fucking swarmed by billions of undeads from dragons to abominations to whatever.
    The same Arthas that turned tail and ran like a little bitch during Wrathgate? That Arthas?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Agree. Bolvar's rise/fall/whatever you wanna call it to dawn the role of Lich King was epic. Arthas was one of the most badass lore characters in the storyline. I would rate it something like Sargeras > Old Gods > Lich King, give or take a couple breakpoints in between. It was sad to see that Saurfang actually wounded her, yet one of the baddest ass characters in WoW lore history couldn't touch Sylvanas.
    i would say lich king > old gods arthas killed faceless ones as dk with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Agree. Bolvar's rise/fall/whatever you wanna call it to dawn the role of Lich King was epic. Arthas was one of the most badass lore characters in the storyline. I would rate it something like Sargeras > Old Gods > Lich King, give or take a couple breakpoints in between. It was sad to see that Saurfang actually wounded her, yet one of the baddest ass characters in WoW lore history couldn't touch Sylvanas.
    Bolvar =!= Arthas
    Bolvar is a much weaker version than Arthas was.

And goddammit.. Sylvanas PLAYED with Saurfang, she ENJOYED toying with him...got wounded because of being caught off-guard while doing so.
    She went full force no BS mode against Bolvar.

2 completely different scenarios and context. It baffles me that people keep comparing it while ignoring context and actions in each encounter.

From a story perspective, it makes sense him losing to her considering he lacks the previous Lich King's most powerful weapon (Frostmourne) and the fact that Sylvanas is greatly empowered by the God of Death.

I think a lot of us just didn't like watching him get beat so quickly considering we finally got to see the Lich King in cinematic form after all these years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind him losing, it's the fact he didn't even stand a chance that annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    I recently read through the lore because that very same thing was said. It's my understanding he killed 1 faceless one that emerged from Ajol'nerub, but I could be mistaken. I expected this storyline to be more epic when I was reading it, but felt like a fizzle and a pop and nothing more. Not to downplay Arthas, but his leadership of the scourge armies and his rise to Lich King, imo, were the pinnacle of his epicness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What are you basing that on?

It absolutely matters who wears the helmet, that's why Bolvar took it in the first place.

In the context of this trailer's story telling it doesn't matter at all. Like I said this is Sylvanas going up against the Lich King, different look and new weapon but that is still the Lich King, and casually shits on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    From a story perspective, it makes sense him losing to her considering he lacks the previous Lich King's most powerful weapon (Frostmourne) and the fact that Sylvanas is greatly empowered by the God of Death.

I think a lot of us just didn't like watching him get beat so quickly considering we finally got to see the Lich King in cinematic form after all these years.
    Pretty much this, yeah. It was a big moment, kind of a debut for him after some seriously scary implications in Legion (do the DK campaign and see what I mean), so for him to get trounced so easily was disappointing. Even if it ultimately does make sense, given her deal with the Jailer.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Lich King was merely a title by the current pawn (arthas or bolvar) controlled by the fragment of Ner'zhul remaining in helm of dominion.

In the power scales, Sylvanas is several tiers above Lich King.

LK > Ner'Zhul > Gul'Dan > Kil'Jaden > Death

Sylvanas on this powerscale would most likely be atleast on par with Kil'Jaden.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just overrestimate bolvar, broken human barely kept alive and no magic weapon like frostmourne either. All he was good for was stopping the undead with the crown.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    I hope you trolling , or fueling Arthas fan-bois , faceless is just minions of old gods in same way like random skeleton serves to Lich King ... fc yeah he killed them with ease , using Frostmourne versus minions its same as NUKE against ants.

And still all this talk of "HOW BAD-ASS ARTHAS IS", he just Mary Sue in worst possible way .. 2 op items , pathetic to rely on not even yours power, same way any random joe would use sword+helmet and be pathetically "BAD-ASS" without even putting any effort in this.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-02 at 03:54 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because the guy who's done nothing but become a burn victim has to be OP AF, right?
    Because a Orc Warrior is apparently stronger than a Man who survived dragons breath and is empowered by the helm of domination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    Because he is a chump. The deathlord is stronger than Bolvar. Bolvar's only purpose was holding the crown so the scourge doesn't run rampant. He's not Arthas... and Arthas was strong because he had Frostmourne. Sylvanas was empowered by Helya, something much stronger than LK, lol.
    Because Bolvar, a man who survived dragons breath and was empowered by the helm of domination is apparently weaker than a Orc Warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because, gotta make her stupid OP for all of her fans, completely made him look like a chump.
    what fans? seriously by now the only 'fans' she has is hipsters who just defy the masses to be special snowflakes
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the fuck are you talking about. First off, there are lots of entities on Azeroth and beyond that are significantly stronger than the OG Lich King - all the Old Gods, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden etc. Sylvanas was already powerful and got a massive power boost from the Jailer dude inside the Shadowlands. So yeah, I can see her being more than a match for Bolvar the replacement Lich King - especially as he wasn't as powerful as Arthas
    way back blizz were clear that the lich king with his army is unstoppable
    u forget that in cinematic they show she f8cked the LK WITH his army, which was stated before to be able to defeat anything, it is a blink or u miss moment when u see him waiting for her with entire army because she f8cked it in micro second to show how mary sue she became
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure if got through his zillions of underlings
    Which Argus would easily.

LMAO how did she get literally through a fucking endless army LOL dude this is like quite literally impossible. It took us an ENTIRE FUCKING WAR EFFORT to do what sylvanas just did 1shot the lich king LOOOOOOL.
    We weren't being empowered by the universe's literal god of death.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

LK fanboys are really delusional

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    We weren't being empowered by the universe's literal god of death.
    Fanfiction garbage*

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying the writing sucks. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what fans? seriously by now the only 'fans' she has is hipsters who just defy the masses to be special snowflakes

way back blizz were clear that the lich king with his army is unstoppable
    u forget that in cinematic they show she f8cked the LK WITH his army, which was stated before to be able to defeat anything, it is a blink or u miss moment when u see him waiting for her with entire army because she f8cked it in micro second to show how mary sue she became
    People still like her, I get the usual few suspects on the forum who will defend her to the ends of the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Fanfiction garbage*

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying the writing sucks. lol
    She didnt get past the army of undead tho. It seemed like Bolvar ler her come to him to see what she wants. And killing few undeads that were dfending Bolvar it is not a big deal at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    My problem with it is how badly Bolvar loses. He gets completely stomped. It was pitiful to watch. Doesn't matter how much it's explained. Still sucks.
    This. The fight was way too one-sided. Sylvanas is too over-powered. She shouldn't be able to beat him especially with his entire army there and she doesn't even break a sweat...keeps smirking the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    It's so funny. People are simultaneously claiming Bolvar is weaksauce pussy who is no more than mall security for Scourge with barely any powers to himself;
    but also that Helm of Dominion is an artifact powerful enough just by existing to create the biggest portal/rift ever made (after maybe Argus portal by Illidan and sargerite keystone itself) to another dimension with all the souls of azeroth there.

That's some serious cognitive dissonance. If it's so powerful, Bolvar should've been able to use all that soul energy to obliterate sylvanus on the spot, or mind control her like the mindless undead pawn she is.
    Agreed 100%. This is just lazy Blizzard writing. Not only was the Lich King never that special but creating this portal is something that makes absolutely no sense.

Blizzard just wanted something cool to get players back.