Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Shadowlands , a filler expansion?

As we saw , there is basically no much features

Will this be WoD like filler to legion ?

WoD has Garrisons as major feature
    Shadowlands has Covenants ,
    -which basically gives you 2 spells(We would have gotten 2 spells anyway because of new talent row/levels)
    - Armor set and mount? Which could have been obtainable anywhere else , plus they remove tiers
    -Covenants sanctums : 4 legion-order hall like , atleast in legion we got 12
    -5 new zones instead of 6 , why ? BfA has 6 at launch(plus warfront zone and island expedition zone , Legion has 6 too (broken isles + DH zone + order halls) , also remember 7.3 had 3 new zones And its just a patch
    -8 dungoens instead of more , really ? It seems that halls of valor/maw of souls would have been here if they plan ahead

As for tower of damned , it seems like a cheap rehash of island expeditions , except this time in dungoen and not islands , they change everytime like islands , they are replayabe too etc

So basically nothing really new features-wise

In BfA we got :
    Warfronts - Islands -allied races
    In legion :
    Artifacts -order halls - Dh class -world quests -mythic+
    In WoD
    Garrisons
    In MoP
    Panda - Monk - new talent system - scenarios

While shadowlands
    Covenants : Artifact and legion order halls combined and rehashed
    Tower of damned : Rehashed island expeditions

Will this be a 2 patch expansion like WoD?

Do they want to release expansions more quickly to make more money and avoid 3 patches and go with 2 ?

I mean its not bad idea , becauses atm shadowlands feels lacking a major feature

Actually i think having a well designed small expansions could be a good idea

We can get an expansion every 1.5year , It dont need to be very big

4 zones - 1 major feature - 2 patches , 6 dungoens etc

This way we can give more characters their own expansion
    Without having drought

Also blizzard would make more money this way from expansion purchases

Atm Shadowlands feels exactly a short expansion , a filler one , that would be ok if they release 10.0 quicker

Oh no. Here we go again...

No, it's not. And you haven't even seen the Deep Dive panel yet.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post

-which basically gives you 2 spells(We would have gotten 2 spells anyway because of new talent row/levels)
    - Armor set and mount? Which could have been obtainable anywhere else , plus they remove tiers
    -5 new zones instead of 6 , why ? BfA has 6 at launch(plus warfront zone and island expedition zone , Legion has 6 too (broken isles + DH zone + order halls) , also remember 7.3 had 3 new zones And its just a patch
    -8 dungoens instead of more , really ? It seems that halls of valor/maw of souls would have been here if they plan ahead

As for tower of damned , it seems like a cheap rehash of island expeditions , except this time in dungoen and not islands , they change everytime like islands , they are replayabe too etc

In BfA we got :
    In legion :
    In WoD
    Garrisons
    In MoP

While shadowlands

Do they want to release expansions more quickly to make more money and avoid 3 patches and go with 2 ?

I mean its not bad idea , becauses atm shadowlands feels lacking a major feature

Without having drought

Atm Shadowlands feels exactly a short expansion , a filler one , that would be ok if they release 10.0 quicker
    Shut up mate, all your posts are bullsh*t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is a filler expansion. It's in place to finish Sylvanas' dumb storyline, and to introduce the level squish. That's it and that's all.

How is it not incredibly obvious that BFA was the filler for Shadowlands while they fixed classes and systems?

The only feature that wasn't a minigame in BFA was cosmetics. The story only exists to introduce villain Sylvanas and Bwonsamdi while ending the war.

Like I've said elsewhere, I'm excited for the direction they're taking the game, but not excited for the expansion itself.

The only marquee feature that actually interests me is the Tower of the Damned. Other than that, there's not really a killer feature to get excited about.

Most everything else just feels like patch-quality 'fixes' they should have been implementing into the game over the past few years and not billing as an expansion "feature" in 2020.

gives features everyone has begged for a long time...
    "no features"

lul.

To me, BfA was a filler expansion...

"Hey, we just saved the world from Sargeras, let's fight ourselves then."

Unless Sylvanas doesn't give two shits about Azeroth (which, apparently she doesn't).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need new systems every expansion, refining and improving what we already have is just fine.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as a filler expansion to begin with.. that entire concept is just some bullshit the community made up

Entire game feels like filler/throw away game.

I don't know if it's filler but it certainly looks like garbage.

In BfA we got :
    In legion :
    In WoD
    Garrisons
    In MoP

While shadowlands

Without having drought

No such thing as a filler expansion lmfao!

In BfA we got :
    In legion :
    In WoD
    Garrisons
    In MoP

While shadowlands

Without having drought

Were islands, warfronts, invasions allied races anything more than chores?
    Im all for them improving leveling, having a few ways to gear (good raids, m+, etc), a solo/group tower to play around in, and less bloated daily chores i feel I have to do without them actually being fun. Gotta do my islands every week, gotta do my warfront this rotation, gotta grind some ap, gotta hit this invasion, no fun just a bunch of chores.

Sometimes less is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes it is a filler expansion. It's in place to finish Sylvanas' dumb storyline, and to introduce the level squish. That's it and that's all.
    You forgot one thing...we will probably revisit Arthas, because memba Arthas?

the story of WoW is getting too ridiculous. We defeated god like beings like Titans and Old Gods, now we gonna conquer death itself. What's next?
    That's why my favourite time in WoW was MoP and older expansions.

According to the internet, every WoW expansion is a filler expansion.

"WoW is dead""Worst Expansion" "Filler" "Worse than WoD" "Fail"... just buy the damn thing as you will do anyway and shut it,because you will play it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimma82 View Post
    the story of WoW is getting too ridiculous. We defeated god like beings like Titans and Old Gods, now we gonna conquer death itself. What's next?
    That's why my favourite time in WoW was MoP and older expansions.
    This, i miss "down to earth" type of RPG. WoW just went... places. Cosmic threats, gods, titans...

From what i've been able gather over the years, any expansion that doesn't somehow have ties to the RTS games are deemed an asspull or a filler expansion.

It is bullshit but that seems to be the usually answer.