Poll: What do you want?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Perhaps I'm naive but I don't see why such a fix needs to be delivered via a new expansion. Why not address it through patches? Yes, yes I get its a complex issue. However, i view expansions as an opportunity to deliver new features (that hopefully aren't then immediately forgotten in the next expansion) as opposed to implementing fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    No, it really does. Dropping your barbed stacks really fucks you
    Not compared to how much dps you lose from messing up other specs. It's also very easy to keep barbed stacks up.

From icy-veins:

While Frenzy uptime and management will guide your playing decisions a lot while playing Beast Mastery, it is not as significant as many people think, especially on a single target. The most common mistake that BM Hunters make is overcasting Cobra Shot, and undercasting Barbed Shot and Kill Command.

If you overcast Cobra shot then you're extremely bad.

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/classes

Look again

- - - Updated - - -

Death knights, that's your necromancer and clearly Blizzard feels the same

- - - Updated - - -

Every class is simple to play now

Necros are to DK what Priests are to Paladins.

And how exactly are they going to fix the classes?

As much as I wanted to play a tinker, fixing current classes is way more important.

Fixing vs New is a flase dichotomy. While one does not exclude the other, that is not the reason for that false dichotomy. I'm of the opinion that we should be talking about expanding and redesigning the current classes/specs instead of something as vague as "fixing" them. An argument to put more effort into that instead of pulling another class out of their asses seems to me like a worthwile goal.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Fucking incredible that we've hit the point where we have to choose between "New Class" or "Attempt to make the existing classes remotely palatable to play."

As if the latter shouldn't be a baseline that any sensible person would take for granted.
    This. This right here. This sentiment needs to be spread. Everywhere. Far and wide.

Blizzard shouldn't be getting back-pats and accolades and roaring fucking applause for doing what should be the bare goddamn minimum.

The classes should always be well designed. We shouldn't have to GIVE UP new content for that, it should just be expected.

It's not "entitled" to expect the game we're collectively paying billions for to be enjoyable to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Its not like this small indie company couldnt have done both.

Its not like MoP was for many peak class design but also gave us a completly new race and class.

But yeah, when you have that small budget and that little of a team it is understandable why we have this Maintenance Mode Expansion called Shadowlands.

I am calling it now, 10.0 will be Void Lords and it will ultimately set the Game into Maintenance, possibly F2P and what not.
    MoP is the standard that WoW really should always be held to.

A new continent with five new zones, two patch-islands, a new class, a new race, class design at its best, and we didn't have to sacrifice a raid tier for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    i did and saw 5.7% of total playerbase, so u trying to confirm my point?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Oh hey, I heard that argument before.

Blizzard will stop making new class tier armor, but the shared armor will be top notch quality because of all the resources funneled to just them!
    Didn't turn out all that well lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Oh hey, I heard that argument before.

Blizzard will stop making new class tier armor, but the shared armor will be top notch quality because of all the resources funneled to just them!
    Didn't turn out all that well lol.
    Never forget.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah. Man. The game is in desperate need of a new ranged DPS.

It's literally never had one added.

Hell, thanks to the Survival rework, we actually have less ranged DPS now than we did fifteen fucking years ago!

I'm quite a bit disappointed that there isn't a new class. Not gonna lie.

I'm all for fixing the current classes, but I don't understand why we have to choose. False dichotomy indeed.

Also, I'm wary about this whole class>spec thing.

I get that the class identity needs to be intact, but I see no reason why that should come at the expense of specs. Legion did a lot of good work to make the specs feel distinct. Undoing that would make the game feel smaller, imo.

We'll see in a couple of hours, but this is the one point I'm very disappointed in. Especially considering how the class work goes over the course of beta. BFA saw a very unfortunate amount of ego on the part of the devs during the development cycle. They were told the pruning et al was bad for the gameplay. And now here we are; lets refocus on class identity over specs?

Why not just unprune and stay the course otherwise?

IDK man.

Xpac is sounding solid though. The overt negativity needs to stop I think. This company doesn't owe any of us anything, so the entitlement in some of these arguments is sad to see.

You're missing a third option: Both.

Also this whole concept of "fixing" classes is quite subjective. What needs to be fixed? How high the numbers are? How the spec plays? What's fixed?

Atm I detest spriest gameplay from since it's Legion rework even though it performs rather well, while Unholy DK is fun for me atm regardless of it's potential output.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Well, let’s wait and see if they actually do fix classes. With that said, I’d much prefer class overhauls over a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Also this whole concept of "fixing" classes is quite subjective. What needs to be fixed? How high the numbers are? How the spec plays? What's fixed?

Atm I detest spriest gameplay from since it's Legion rework even though it performs rather well, while Unholy DK is fun for me atm regardless of it's potential output.
    Boi what. Shadow priest is the most fun spec I've ever touched in this game since wrath

Adding a new specc or a total revamp would be welcome if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post

Exactly. Also there is no such thing as "fixing" classes as they were never broken apart from fire mage which has a bug.
    There are people who prefer separation of specs and there are people who like having too many useless buttons.

If they go with direction of "class identity", crowd that like it before, will cry now.

And if people think they WILL somehow "fix" the classes, they will be sorely mistaken.

They're adding new class balance/abilities SOLELY for the Tower of the Dead. So obviously there was room to work on classes outside of just 'fixing' the current ones. They instead decided to use those resources towards this expansion's gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Calivar View Post
    Boi what. Shadow priest is the most fun spec I've ever touched in this game since wrath
    I completely understand that, and there are people who say spriest is absolute shit. Imagine that, having different taste, weird right?

I'd agree we no longer needed new classes if I had any faith Blizzard could and would fix the current ones. If they're just going to give us a couple artifact abilities with Covenant allegiances like Artifact weapons, it's not exactly enough of a big overhaul to justify no new class which is usually a new expansion staple more often than not. I guess we have to see what classes will look like in 9.0, but really, what are the odds Blizzard fixes it?

The amount of classes and specs is fine, they just need to rework some melee classes to ranged and we are gucci - make survival ranged again (or rework it into dark ranger), make an archer/pirate-rogue that is actually ranged etc. The onyl thing that fucks with the game now is the small amount of mail users (which could be adressed by just making DHs mail and they didn't for reasons), the small amount of ranged specs (and how most of them feel the same gameplay-wise) and the imbalance that we will ever have no matter how hard they try.