Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because Sylvanas is a gurl and she has to beat the big mean man

like irl

clubs that won champions league 40 years ago are now in slum divisions

things change

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    there is an expansion called Battle for Azeroth.

in it, the writing is shit.

in patch 8.2.5 we saw Sylvanas using some power which was never forshadowed before but we should accept it because it looks cool.

apparently it's enough to solo the entire Icecrown Citadel+LK.
    It was foreshadowed in the BFA cinematic. It was also foreshadowed when she fought Genn.

Oh well. It's still shit writing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    It was foreshadowed in the BFA cinematic. It was also foreshadowed when she fought Genn.

Oh well. It's still shit writing though.
    you mean poison arrow???

if that's foreshadowing then I'm gonna be a president of United States because some accidentally called me from America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    So what power is she juiced up on that she managed to take on the entire icecrown single handedly, and then defeat Lich King so easely. Its the Lich King ffs, Super powerful being thats also Bolvar, infused by dragonfire and light n sheet
    Because this pointless 2-sentence rant totally needed its own topic, and totally wouldn't have worked inside one of the other discussions about this.

/s
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Malfurion is able to win against empowered Sylvanas by a large margin in a 1v1 (if Saurfang didn't axe him in the back as shown in Darkshore which saved Sylv from certain very imminent death by Malfurion).

Saurfang, a grandpa veteran warrior managed to put a scratch on even juiced up Sylvanas in a 1v1, which leads her to beam him to death rather than put up with his shit which may have caused another scratch on her precious visage (NOT THE FACE!!!!!! -every Sylv "loyalist" in existence).

Only to have Bolvar, a great warrior forged of Dragonfire with the powers of the Lich King at his disposal + a whole undead army at his side, and btw almighty looking BADASS, can't even put a SCRATCH (like grandpa Saurfang) on Slyvanas and gets defeated by her without any issues at all, while Malfurion would have killed her 10 times over at that point given what we saw in Darkshore.

Alrighty then. For the Dark Superlady!!!!11!! Wheeeee

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    The last time she died was a long time ago. Her inner thoughts in the books would have mentioned or referred to it since it is so important.
    Unfortunately it's one of those situations where they either have retconned some of the story, or they had to purposefully leave it out knowing that it would cause a bit of confusion later. I imagine it's the latter, as they have these sort of things planned out years in advance, even if it's just a story board, they tend to know the big beats and characters of the next couple of expansions long before they develop them. So you have to take some of the old stuff with a grain of salt when things get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    If you don’t get invested in the media you are using, why bother to use it at all? Take anything you are into, have someone go “ha, imagine actually being invested in something you enjoy!” That’s what you are doing right now.
    Your statement equates to “I’m dead inside and derive no enjoyment out of anything I have ever done and so shall try to make fun of those who do.” It’s dumb.
    Guess we gotta simplify it for the kids today the guy i responded to was calling the lore other people might like cancer because the elf lady in the video game did a thing?

Whats up with you do you think cancer is something you joke about?

Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post
    So, Malfurion is able to win against empowered Sylvanas by a large margin in a 1v1 (if Saurfang didn't axe him in the back as shown in Darkshore which saved Sylv from certain very imminent death by Malfurion).

Saurfang, a grandpa veteran warrior managed to put a scratch on even juiced up Sylvanas in a 1v1, which leads her to beam him to death rather than put up with his shit which may have caused another scratch on her precious visage (NOT THE FACE!!!!!! -every Sylv "loyalist" in existence).

Only to have Bolvar, a great warrior forged of Dragonfire with the powers of the Lich King at his disposal + a whole undead army at his side, and btw almighty looking BADASS, can't even put a SCRATCH (like grandpa Saurfang) on Slyvanas and gets defeated by her without any issues at all, while Malfurion would have killed her 10 times over at that point given what we saw in Darkshore.

Mind you that was before she genocided teldrassil, and used her own troops as cannon fodder by blighting both them and alliance soldiers at lordaeron. Then you have the trap set by Azshara. And we don't know how many will die fighting N'zoth.
    Last edited by bowlink; 2019-11-02 at 05:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I also can't quite begin to fathom how a Nathrezim forged prison for one random ass orc soul holds the power to shatter the very bounds of reality. They will probably retcon the shit out of FT and Wrath here.
    From what I could tell, the Helm of Domination being broken did the deed of shattering reality. And didn't Kil'Jaeden make that? If so, there exists very little information to prove or disprove of his ability to craft something on that level. He was one of the leaders of The Burning Legion, a force which created the Scepter of Sargeras, another ridiculously powerful space-warping weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    From what I could tell, the Helm of Domination being broken did the deed of shattering reality. And didn't Kil'Jaeden make that? If so, there exists very little information to prove or disprove of his ability to craft something on that level. He was one of the leaders of The Burning Legion, a force which created the Scepter of Sargeras, another ridiculously powerful space-warping weapon.
    Yep.. and we killed him on a floating surfboard... smh

If these are real questions, and not just complaints in the form of questions, well, a lot of folks have a severe lack of story comprehension skills.

Lich King without Frostmourne is a at a huge handicap. Bolvar is nowhere near as powerful as Arthas was.

Look at it this way, this will put to bed all future "Lich King vs." threads. People will just laugh and say "Lol he got whipped in like 2 minutes."

you mean poison arrow???

if that's foreshadowing then I'm gonna be a president of United States because some accidentally called me from America.
    Look at the effects. That's not poison arrow

there is an expansion called Battle for Azeroth.

in it, the writing is shit.

in patch 8.2.5 we saw Sylvanas using some power which was never forshadowed before but we should accept it because it looks cool.

apparently it's enough to solo the entire Icecrown Citadel+LK.
    It's got an explanation though. It's called the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Lich King without Frostmourne is a at a huge handicap. Bolvar is nowhere near as powerful as Arthas was.

Look at it this way, this will put to bed all future "Lich King vs." threads. People will just laugh and say "Lol he got whipped in like 2 minutes."
    and we will get Sylvanas threads unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Look at the effects. That's not poison arrow
    WoW shadow, uuuuuu I'm so scared

she wasn't really OP then.

but yeah, crap writing is crap writing fam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's got an explanation though. It's called the Maw.
    not every explanation will be great though.

I don't care if she is amped by Titans.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-11-02 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    that wasnt LK, that was soy boy Bolvar who was keeping the helmet warm
    It’s funny because his head’s on fire. On topic, though, she was working with Death Unicron Omega the whole time and we weren’t supposed to have any idea what she was up to because reasons. She just keeps pumping souls into The Maw and gets swole from them. I feel like they were trying to (and failed) show that even though the Lich King is strong, she’s become next level from her partnership.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

That’s a really good point, too. Losing Frostmourne puts the Lich King at a huge disadvantage. I also like to think Bolvar was trying really hard to keep the Scourge from peacing out and overrunning Azeroth while he was busy with Sylvanas, so he couldn’t overextend himself. That’s just my own head canon, though.

Because for the effects and the plot. There's no other explanation.

Lich king weaker than Lei Shen. It took Lei shen 30 days to defeat xuen one of the wild gods as such even Grom 1v1 and killed cenarius(chronicles 3).

So yeah.... also warcraft 3 manual has malf 1v1 azshara during WotA ending in a draw and he was still an apprentice then. Later on the BfA CE novels descripe malf v sylv fight and it when pretty equally and souls which died during war were sent to maw and they empowered Sylvanas as said in blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miena View Post

I think her power up was supposed to have happened after the war of thorns, she wasn't in darkshore since then when the nefls got their pseudo-revenge on the horde (every other week). But I mostly agree, there is still alot of explaining left to do and for a continous story the writing is definitely substandard. Power increases like these usually either need forshadowing (and no, a line from Thalyssra after the first time she just pulled it out of her ass does not count) or a flashback to explain them when you pull them out as a surprise. Letting us hang with this shit for the next year is just unsatisfying; writing 101.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.