Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Sylvanas has been working for the jailor since edge of night.

I can't take the writing team seriously anymore, first wow chronicles has been reduced to a piece of toilet paper and now this? The retcons!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=296023....dge-o#comments

Q: Did the jailer in The Maw see the Legion as a threat which is why Sylvanas worked with Varian?

A: We'll find out more of her motivations in Shadowlands and that her relationship with the Jailer dates back a bit. Edge of Night story involves this relationship. Working with Varian was a long term strategy in order to get war chief - had to make allies but now we're seeing the fruition of that.

HAHAHA

Vo'jin died for this, Garrosh and Sylvanas got villian batted for the sake of the writers cruddy story. They turned the Horde into the alliance to tell this god damn story. Also now I'm worried for Tyrande, dear god.

Oh and let's not forget that Slyvanas didn't even want to be warchief, man these writers just cook up stories defragmenting the original plan. Considering Metzen's reaction to BFA, this makes it all the more obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    First step to accepting change and not being a fearmongering originalist; Stop considering things sacred and unchangeable.

You'll find alot more enjoyment in life after this.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Sylvanas has been a villain since Classic, so she was not villain batted.

What you can say is that she is now a garbage villain with inconsistent motivations.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Actually, Sylvanas has been working with anima since vanilla. There is that horde questline in Hillsbrad where undead are jailed after fleeing UC. They had brought chunks of anima with them that were being intensely studied by the Royal Apothecary Society, fearing that some terrible plan was being hatched long-term regarding the material. They even explained what anima was: anima is the four elemental forces bound together PLUS blood. The Shadowlands exac is the culmination of that vanilla questline.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    First step to accepting change and not being a fearmongering originalist; Stop considering things sacred and unchangeable.

You'll find alot more enjoyment in life after this.
    No, you know what I think blizzard should do? Write simpler stories and stop trying to copy GOT. Add details around that simple story, that way we have a more consistent and fun story without all the stupid retcons.

There's a reason why GOT books haven't been finished and had a rubbish ending, too many story threads that can't be wrapped up in a satisfying fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoser View Post
    Oh and let's not forget that Slyvanas didn't even want to be warchief, man these writers just cook up stories defragmenting the original plan. Considering Metzen's reaction to BFA, this makes it all the more obvious.
    Not only that. Before she picked up Gallywix's Azerite sample that gave her visions, her plan in Before the Storm's earlier chapters was to sack Stormwind and raise its population as the Forsaken, making it a typical old Sylvanas type of plan to replenish her forces after Genn prevented her from gaining immortality. And that plan would have prevented the souls of dead Stormwindians from going to the Maw and powering her up which is her current MO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Sylvanas has been a villain since Classic, so she was not villain batted.

What you can say is that she is now a garbage villain with inconsistent motivations.
    True, true, I think blizzard should of kept her as the dark side of the horde, that's why I liked her. Instead as you said blizzard keep changing her motivations. Now I thnk Tyrande is going to get her teeth smashed into the curb, since we can't have any grey or interesting characters in this story!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Not only that. Before she picked up Gallywix's Azerite sample that gave her visions, her plan in Before the Storm's earlier chapters was to sack Stormwind and raise its population as the Forsaken, making it a typical old Sylvanas type of plan to replenish her forces after Genn prevented her from gaining immortality. And that plan would have prevented the souls of dead Stormwindians from going to the Maw and powering her up which is her current MO.
    Man I can't believe you still recall the azerite plot-line, I think blizzard forgot all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Actually, Sylvanas has been working with anima since vanilla. There is that horde questline in Hillsbrad where undead are jailed after fleeing UC. They had brought chunks of anima with them that were being intensely studied by the Royal Apothecary Society, fearing that some terrible plan was being hatched long-term regarding the material. They even explained what anima was: anima is the four elemental forces bound together PLUS blood. The Shadowlands exac is the culmination of that vanilla questline.
    Anima is also used and mentioned a lot on Isle of Thunder.

So we know that:
    - The Shadowlands has always been mentioned in lore since forever.
    - Ardenweald is heavily attached to the dream so they do have a plan for how the dream plays into all this (though it makes sense how they described it in the recap)
    - Anima isn’t a new concept
    - The summoning of the undead/scourge/Lich King etc. involves ripping them out of the Shadowlands and back into decayed bodies. Blizzard never actually explained how this worked and people just assumed “magic and stuff”. This explores the depth of HOW in more detail.
    - The spirit healers and Val’kyr were always known to be connected, and we now know they share a common ancestor. How ODYN and the Vrykul play into all this will probably be answered.
    - How spirits in the Shamanism sense of the word work will probably be answered, since these are dead souls capable of just chilling on Azeroth and even interacting with mortals.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2019-11-02 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Oh, yes. I'm sure Blizzard remembers all about it. Also, those were bloodstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Anima is also used and mentioned a lot on Isle of Thunder.
    Which has such a different description that wowpedia gave them separate articles.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    As someone who closely follows the lore of warcraft... None of this new information bothers me.

Some people display the same traits as traditionalist historians: getting upset and rejecting new theories just because it doesn't fit in the traditional idea they had about history.
    Oh it makes perfect sense for the warcraft story, the most consistent thing about the warcraft story is its inconsistency.

As someone who closely follows the lore of warcraft... None of this new information bothers me.

Some people display the same traits as traditionalist historians: getting upset and rejecting new theories just because it doesn't fit in the traditional idea they had about history.
    Well there's a difference here, for some reason blizzard can't write a consistent story, if they stop trashing the characters with their inconsistent story-telling I wouldn't have a problem.

Except it's not ideas this doesn't fit, it's previous information. Your analogy is utterly terrible.

Remember how she totally didn't plan to cook all those night elves either? She just wanted to hold Teldrassil hostage so Stormwind couldn't act against her while she plotted that attack? Nah, that must have been her plan all along, she just needed a wafer-thin excuse like Delaryn's backtalk to convince the orcs that it was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Remember how she totally didn't plan to cook all those night elves either? She just wanted to hold Teldrassil hostage so Stormwind couldn't act against her while she plotted that attack? Nah, that must have been her plan all along, she just needed a wafer-thin excuse like Delaryn's backtalk to convince the orcs that it was necessary.
    I member, do you recall Slyvanas also cursing Vo'jin for making her warchief as well? I mean it's her own inner thoughts.

That must be why she had no idea who appointed her in Before the Storm and still blamed Vol'jin's spirits and regretted Varian's death and had wanted to go in there, but in her own mind told herself she had to listen to her Warchief.

Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoser View Post
    I member, do you recall Slyvanas also cursing Vo'jin for making her warchief as well? I mean it's her own inner thoughts.
    She's such a good actor she fooled herself!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That must be why she had no idea who appointed her in Before the Storm and still blamed Vol'jin's spirits and regretted Varian's death and had wanted to go in there, but in her own mind told herself she had to listen to her Warchief.

Hahahahahahaha! You know I honestly think the story was meant to be different considering Metzen was around when they made the BFA cinematic, he was shocked by the events of the expansion. I bet midway during development Alex got the bright idea to go. "I bet I could tell the story of MOP better! The players will love it!"

The writers literally said that as well. =_=

She's such a good actor she fooled herself!
    Its is 6d chess I tell you.

bruh they could have gonna even further to WC3 LoL.

they were playing Eeny Meeny Miney Mo.

It would make sense if she realised at that point that her Stormwind plan wouldn't work.

Let's not forget she wouldn't be able to just openly talk about killing everybody, their family, and their little dog Beppo.