Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Nowadays yeah, just got caught in the "has always been Chinese." So apologies on that, and agree with you in the obvious, they are part of communist china now, which means game over for those who don't fancy ccp.
    Well, for modern China Tibete has always been China. Even when Tibet kicked chinas ass during the early Tong dynasty.
    - Lars

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

Hong Kong has always been Chinese.
    They are Chinese ethnically. They never chose to be part of communist China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    No province/city in the world that wants indepedence choose to be part of its country, but that does not really change the facts.

7+ Year Old Account
    But they have significantly different ethnic values than mainland China.

No province/city in the world that wants indepedence choose to be part of its country, but that does not really change the facts.
    Some did actually. Catalonia for example signed the Spanish constitution that made them part of Spain. Hong Kong did no such thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some did actually. Catalonia for example signed the Spanish constitution that made them part of Spain. Hong Kong did no such thing.
    Because they have always been part of China. It does not really matter what they signed, or not signed. You can not change historical facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they have always been part of China. It does not really matter what they signed, or not signed. You can not change historical facts.
    Y'all understand that the region south of the Yangtze has by ruled by the various Chinese dynasties only periodically until relatively recently, yes?

Also, ethnostates are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Y'all understand that the region south of the Yangtze has by ruled by the various Chinese dynasties only periodically until relatively recently, yes?

Also, ethnostates are stupid.
    To both your points.

Yes, and? Blame the brits for giving it back if you really want to blame somebody.

They were not part of communist China until 1997.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and? Blame the brits for giving it back if you really want to blame somebody.
    I'd rather do something more meaningful and continue to support Hong Kong's bid for self-government.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather do something more meaningful and continue to support Hong Kong's bid for self-government.
    With both you're just wasting your time shitposting on the net, not really meaningfull either way. But hope to see you in the threads about Scotland, Catalonia, Kurdistan etc.

- - - Updated - - -

They were not part of communist China until 1997.
    And it was ruled by Chinese dynasties before the brits colonized it.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2019-11-02 at 07:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With both you're just wasting your time shitposting on the net, not really meaningfull either way. But hope to see you in the threads about Scotland, Catalonia, Kurdistan etc.
    Why? I'm solid enough in my left wing credentials without having to prove myself to communists.

And it was ruled by Chinese dynasties before the brits colonized it.
    So? Why should communist China have claim to every bit of land the numerous Chinese dynasties held claim to? Should Mongolia and Korea be part of China too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Im not defending anything. The truth is China is MUCH bigger than the US and its gonna happen. They will replace the US as the worlds superpower.
    Never going to happen. First innovation is what keeps a superpower going. Was less than a decade ago that the same posters like you claimed Europe and China would surpass the US. In a very short period, the US revolutionzed the oil industry, changed the dynamics of oil distribution and market power, changed the way the entire world bought products online ect ect. Innovation is in the US.

Secondly, no one wants to live in China. Why? It sucks. China is bleeding people that want a future. This is not how superpowers get to the top. US sucks all the brain power and skill, and will continue to do so.

China will topple the US because the US has a deeply fractured culture between left and right. The US is politically destabilizing. If you don't believe THAT, just look at who the US elected in 2016. China, in comparison, is a unified culture. The US is gonna fade as world superpower pretty fast at this point. The ONLY way it does not is if the democrats and republicans can come together and find common ground. If you can show me republicans praising Obama and democrats praising Trump, I will believe the US culture is strong enough to beat China.

- - - Updated - - -

That means nothing. They are part of China now.

- - - Updated - - -

Its too late for that. The culture in Europe and the US is shattered. You will NEVER get enough social cohesion to bring about strong enough sanctions to rein in China. In fact, this is gonna go the other way. Pretty soon, China/Russia is gonna start slapping sanctions on the west to get them to do what they want.
    It's more the right doesn't have the usa best interest at heart or at least the leadership. That is what's killing this country.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Why the hell did we open our factories in China? Why not in Central America? Much closer... and it would have at least reduced the number of refugees traveling to the US and companies would not have been forced to cough up their technologies to an authoritarian regime. The US has been ruled by insane people for decades.
    Because it was the Cold War. The Cold War was a period of hostility between the US and USSR. The two countries were considered superpowers that were in balance. The USSR was courting China as an ally. It was generally assumed that if the USSR and China became official allies, together they would be strong enough to defeat the US. In order to prevent it, the US strategy was to become friendly with the Chinese and do things like move factories there and trade with them, in exchange for them not allying with the USSR against the US.

What's interesting is that this line of thinking is defunct in modern times. In fact, democrats today hate both Russia and China and seem hell-bent on sanctioning both of them and pushing both into an alliance with each other. That's the death scenario because if Russia and China are allies against the US, they will defeat the US.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Secondly, no one wants to live in China. Why? It sucks.
    Yeah and even the couple places that are up to Western standards like Shenzen and Shanghai are still shitty because the cost of goods is much higher than in the West. (For the same quality)

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    China is bleeding people that want a future. This is not how superpowers get to the top. US sucks all the brain power and skill, and will continue to do so.
    Good point. Also, virtually every (non-government)rich Chinese person does everything they can to get wealth out of China because they know it's safer elsewhere. That's a bad sign.

Of course the CCP tries to block wealth transfer at every turn.

What are you talking about? When Hong Kong was "leased" to the British in 1842, the population was like 7,000 people. There was nothing there but fishing villages and the like.

Hong Kong became Hong Kong during British rule. They've been meaningfully culturally and politically distinct from China since it came into existence, and that is ending now, thus the tension.

- - - Updated - - -

China will topple the US because the US has a deeply fractured culture between left and right. The US is politically destabilizing. If you don't believe THAT, just look at who the US elected in 2016. China, in comparison, is a unified culture. The US is gonna fade as world superpower pretty fast at this point. The ONLY way it does not is if the democrats and republicans can come together and find common ground. If you can show me republicans praising Obama and democrats praising Trump, I will believe the US culture is strong enough to beat China.
    Normally I find your nonsense hilarious, but I have to say it's less amusing when there's a few corn kernels of truth stuck in these brain turds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? I'm solid enough in my left wing credentials without having to prove myself to communists.
    You honestly think posting on the internet will change anything? And lol calling yourself left-wing while you shit on anything left of the centre(Warren). The good ol' American political system.

15+ Year Old Account
    So once Kangodo changed his name he also changed his stance on China, interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.