Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I keep repeating it, but the Banhsee Queen motivation have been fairly consistent since Frozen Throne.

She is jealous of the living
    Except she now considers undeath to be a superior state of being, as shown in both Dark Mirror and Three Sisters comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    Titans will record all of that.

they'll grab a pen to write it down in Chronicles 5.
    "Norgannon, why is there a page torn out and missing?"
    "The page never existed, Highfather."
    "But there are tears right here and bits of ink at the edges? Also why are there so many passages that are just blanked out?"
    "I don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    The people who are shitting themselves over the Shadowlands lore changes are hilarious.

It's like people being mad because in the first book it was said that Jon Snow was Ned Starks bastard son and then in the last book HE RETCONNED THAT AND NOW HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A TARGARYEN?! NOT BUYING THAT FUCKING SHIT!
    So you never read the books and don't know it's specifically ambiguous because Jon Snow's mother is frequently debated about after he is just brought back at the end of a war?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

The people who are shitting themselves over the Shadowlands lore changes are hilarious.

It's like people being mad because in the first book it was said that Jon Snow was Ned Starks bastard son and then in the last book HE RETCONNED THAT AND NOW HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A TARGARYEN?! NOT BUYING THAT FUCKING SHIT!
    Except Jon being a Targaryen isn't a retcon and no one ever said it is. It's been hinted at since the first book. While what people are discussing here is information that goes against previous lore. Complicated subject to be sure, but it is what it is.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The writers are incredibly talented, I must admit.

Whenever you think they can't come up with anything more idiotic and inconsistent they manage to surprise you anew.

Anyway, I almost expected something as dumb as this when they decided to put Danuser on that panel (not that Alex or Christie would have been any better).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoser View Post
    True, true, I think blizzard should of kept her as the dark side of the horde, that's why I liked her. Instead as you said blizzard keep changing her motivations. Now I thnk Tyrande is going to get her teeth smashed into the curb, since we can't have any grey or interesting characters in this story!
    Leaked dialogue of Tyrande's death scene:

*After Tyrande slaughters Orgrimmar*

Malfurion: I saw Maiev executing Horde prisoners in the streets. She said she was acting on your orders.
    Tyrande: It was necessary.
    Malfurion: Necessary? Have you been down there, have you SEEN? Children, little orc children burned!
    Tyrande: I want revenge for Teldrassil.
    Malfurion: Forgive them.
    Tyrande: I can't.
    Malfurion: You can. You can forgive all of them. Make them see they made a mistake, make them understand. Please, my love.
    Tyrande: We cannot hide behind forgiveness. The world we need won't be built with the Horde in it. It's not easy to see something that has never been before. A good world.
    Malfurion: How do you know? How do you know it will be good?
    Tyrande. Because I know what is good, and so do you. You have always known.
    Malfurion: What about everyone else? Anduin, Jaina, Velen, all the other people who think they know what's good?
    Tyrande: They don't get to choose. Be with me. Build the new world with me. This was always our destiny, since we were little children in Suramar. We do it together. We break the Horde together.
    Malfurion: You are my love, now and always.

*Cue Malfurion and Tyrande kissing then Malfurion stabbing Tyrande in the heart*
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

No, it'd be like if instead of implying R+L=J in his internal monologue and always being evasive regarding Jon, Ned instead explicitly thought about how Jon is his own flesh and blood son that he made after dicking a maid, but several books later it turned out R+L=J is it after all. Song of Ice and Fire keeps planting red herrings and hints, but all of these are falsifiable in-story information, with the only guy who's head we're in who knows what's going on also comprising the strongest evidence for the real situation.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except she now considers undeath to be a superior state of being, as shown in both Dark Mirror and Three Sisters comic.
    That's a pretty common coping mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    "But there are tears right here and bits of ink at the edges? Also why are there so many passages that are just blanked out?"
    "I don't know."

So you never read the books and don't know it's specifically ambiguous because Jon Snow's mother is frequently debated about after he is just brought back at the end of a war?
    Yup, even in the first few episodes of the tv show it's even debated, hell Ned's wife outright says Ned looks down to his feet when he lies and guess what he did to Robert when discussing Jon's parentage?

That part in the story is one of the biggest cases for consistent writing. It's why no one really criticises that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    "I don't know."
    gold... that's simply gold.

man Blizzard would do well in some humor tv shows.

This is pretty fucking hilarious. So basically they said:

"Sylvanas kinda forgot she was working with the Jailer and wanted to become Warchief since Edge of Night so she had no idea why she became Warchief and tried to resurrect the whole population of Stormwind into Forsaken, actually goes against her plans."

For some reason I can't stop laughing irl. They have truly mastered comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Leaked dialogue of Tyrande's death scene:
    I'm going to save this post, because blizzard might actually do this lmao!

My favorite part of reading these threads is all the rage and tears at a story that clearly isn't finished. The inherit issue with an MMO is the story is constantly evolving and going somewhere. In order for the frothing ragelords to actually make sense with there rants they need to know the entire picture or somehow read the whole book that hasn't yet been written. It's almost like by playing this game we are along for the ride or something.

There are so many characters in the Warcraft Universe and I think its a feat in itself that they have managed to juggle them all to this point. I have parts of the story that I didn't either but as a player in this sandbox sometimes I have to take it with a grain of salt and see where Blizzard the creators are taking me. Someone smarter than me once said the ride is long and bumpy but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and it might surprise you where it leads.

I for one am excited to see what comes next and to really see what is up with Sylvanas. I never really liked her and wanted to see her get her end for some of the atrocities she has committed but it isn't here yet. Blizzard has more plans for her and I'll see where they take it. I have gotten some of the best years of my life playing this game and it would be a waste to quit or rage over some story contrivance I disagreed with.
    Twitter: @heroes_nlegends
    Instagram:@theheroesandlegends
    Email: theheroesandlegends@gmail.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/theheroesandlegends
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7...fNgDq7WERBpY7g

I would've have preferred that Sylvanas and the Jailer were not working together until the aftermath of the Darkshore Warfront, where she lost another one of her horacoxes, reducing her down to three. And the last time she died, it took 3 to rez her.

Still have the Jailer tell Vol'jin to make her warchief, but keep Sylvanas in the dark about it. For Edge of night, make it that they do not make formal introductions. But the Jailer does approve of the soul for a soul swap Sylvanas and Annhylde made.

But since the writing staff at blizzard all have a hard-on for infinite-D level chess player Sylvanas, they will never do this.
    Last edited by Volardelis; 2019-11-03 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    That's a pretty common coping mechanism.
    Lambasting herself for ever needing or wasting time on sleep is also a coping mechanism, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by keltharmoonrage View Post
    My favorite part of reading these threads is all the rage and tears at a story that clearly isn't finished. The inherit issue with an MMO is the story is constantly evolving and going somewhere. In order for the frothing ragelords to actually make sense with there rants they need to know the entire picture or somehow read the whole book that hasn't yet been written. It's almost like by playing this game we are along for the ride or something.
    Nothing in "the story isn't finished" changes that there are blatant inconsistencies in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by keltharmoonrage View Post
    There are so many characters in the Warcraft Universe and I think its a feat in itself that they have managed to juggle them all to this point. I have parts of the story that I didn't either but as a player in this sandbox sometimes I have to take it with a grain of salt and see where Blizzard the creators are taking me. Someone smarter than me once said the ride is long and bumpy but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and it might surprise you where it leads.
    But they don't manage to juggle them. They focus on a handful at a time for a year or two while forgetting the rest exist.

It is odd. I wouldn't have minded if she had gotten a glimpse of the Jailer, or if he had said something to her once in Edge of Night, but it doesn't really fit to have her actively working for him since then. It doesn't fit with her actively taking souls from the Shadowlands to make more Forsaken, and it doesn't fit with her killing to many Night Elves only to make more Dark Rangers if she was meant to simply feed the Maw.

I would have preferred hearing about a continuation in Vol'jin's story, or hearing about Arthas more than this.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Not only that. Before she picked up Gallywix's Azerite sample that gave her visions, her plan in Before the Storm's earlier chapters was to sack Stormwind and raise its population as the Forsaken, making it a typical old Sylvanas type of plan to replenish her forces after Genn prevented her from gaining immortality. And that plan would have prevented the souls of dead Stormwindians from going to the Maw and powering her up which is her current MO.
    You are forgetting that they said she is working with the jailer not for him. Everything she does is for herself first which can easily explain away any seeming inconsistencies whether it was some shit they slapped together at the last minute of if they have been planning this since the end of legion or earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing is the Jailer isn't even the Big Bad that Sylvanas is doing all this for, only the guy who is working with her. Next it'll be revealed that she's been working with the Legit Evil since backstabbing Arthas in Lordaeron or heck since she first became a banshee.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You are forgetting that they said she is working with the jailer not for him. Everything she does is for herself first which can easily explain away any seeming inconsistencies whether it was some shit they slapped together at the last minute of if they have been planning this since the end of legion or earlier.
    Yeah that just sounds like an excuse, I'm sorry I don't personally buy that. Sylvanas' inner dialogue poops all over this excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Her working with the Jailer and not for him doesn't change the fact that her current MO is to feed sources to the Maw to gain personal power.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    yeah it’s bad. we’ve never heard of this jailer guy before but he’s older than the titans and he’s been behind everything sylvanas has done since cata?

“here’s this guy you never heard of and he was actually behind everything all along” is like little kid level asspull storytelling. it’s also completely unnecessary, it’s not like they ran out of villains or anything.

warcraft is little more than a soap opera at this point.

still a better story than warlords or bfa though.
    Just wait till they pull a Naruto and they add twenty more layers of the same exact thing to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoser View Post
    Yeah that just sounds like an excuse, I'm sorry I don't personally buy that. Sylvanas' inner dialogue poops all over this excuse.
    Her being in a place that scared the shit out of her? Her wanting to raise certain people? Which would keep them from the maw?

Her working with the Jailer and not for him doesn't change the fact that her current MO is to feed sources to the Maw to gain personal power.

Just wait till they pull a Naruto and they add twenty more layers of the same exact thing to that.
    We don't know how her power works. We don't know if the jailer gives it to her her or what. Also it wasn't until she nearly wiped out the night elves that we see her gain a noticeable power boost. Perhaps she was just dicking the jailer around trying to find away out of going back to the maw until she got all that extra power and realized the dude could actually help her with what she wants.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-11-03 at 12:46 AM.