Thread: N'zoth...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

N'zoth...

Nothing new on N'zoth playing a role in the upcoming expansion? is he really dead?

"The veil wanes. His crown will open the way" that whisper suggests he is more involved than we might think..

edit: some more interesting whispers

"The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all" could the jailer be connected to the light?

"I alone can save you from what is to come" will we share a common goal in the next expansion?
    Last edited by tounsi; 2019-11-03 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tounsi View Post
    Nothing new on N'zoth playing a role in the upcoming expansion? is he really dead?

"The veil wanes. His crown will open the way" that whisper suggests he is more involved than we might think..
    How does that whisper have anything to do with N'zoth?

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    How does that whisper have anything to do with N'zoth?
    Maybe because he was the one whispering it? cant post a link but its on wowhead

Maybe because he was the one whispering it? cant post a link but its on wowhead
    Yeah and it was true, so what?

he's dead. Maybe n'zoth now is in shadowlands.

In other words, the reason we are going to the Shadowlands is indeed a confirmation that N'zoth is dead, because he tried to "save" us, warning us about it and telling us that he would stop it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Crown comment is literally about Bolvar's Helm of Domination opening the way through the Veil between Life and Death.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah sounds like they were originally planning to go with an Old God expansion maybe pre BfA and then decided to go with their Shadowlands option instead and kill off N'zoth in a patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Crown comment is literally about Bolvar's Helm of Domination opening the way through the Veil between Life and Death.
    Yes and because this takes place after his demise, maybe it was his plan to get defeated?

edit: some more interesting whispers

"The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all" could the jailer be connected to the light?

"I alone can save you from what is to come" will we share a common goal in the next expansion?
    Maybe you people should stop listening to the things your enemies tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Yeah and it was true, so what?
    If he knew what would happen in the near future, one would think that he would be able to avoid getting defeated by some adventurers if it was against his plans?

I'm more interested in what they're doing with Azshara. We know she doesn't die, since we free her from Xanesh and after she hands us the Blade of the Black Empire, she yeets herself through a void portal and is just gone.

Kind of souring to know her arc isn't resolved in BfA and she's just out there in the wherever until Blizzard has use of her again; hopefully not as a raid boss, since we literally just fought her as one

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I'm more interested in what they're doing with Azshara. We know she doesn't die, since we free her from Xanesh and after she hands us the Blade of the Black Empire, she yeets herself through a void portal and is just gone.

Kind of souring to know her arc isn't resolved in BfA and she's just out there in the wherever until Blizzard has use of her again; hopefully not as a raid boss, since we literally just fought her as one
    Yeah i agree. Both Azshara and N'zoth has been around scheming before most current lore-characters were even alive so yeah, i hope blizz does them some justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    N'zoth is a physical manifestation of the Void across the Warcraft Universe. I assume the text hints at a Void/Light Lord expansion. It turns out that the light is also evil (i.e naruu and illidan) and we'll all team up again to defeat them both. There'll be a revamped Azeroth and every Old God and some non-corrupted Naruu will be defeated again as dungeon and/or raid bosses.
    Hopefully, but according to recent tradition we might defeat the void lords in the last patch of Shadowlands lol

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the old gods wanted to be killed so they can pass into the shadowlands and corrupt it from within, the only way they seem to deal with anything is by infiltrating it, Heck N'zoth corrupted the Emerald dream, if the shadowlands is just a mirror to that as a death realm..

Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    I think the old gods wanted to be killed so they can pass into the shadowlands and corrupt it from within, the only way they seem to deal with anything is by infiltrating it, Heck N'zoth corrupted the Emerald dream, if the shadowlands is just a mirror to that as a death realm..
    Possibly, and seeing as the undead apperently have some sort of immunity against old god corruption theres a possibilty that the light is allied to ''Death'' against the void/old gods..

N'Zoth dies. He really does. And this means he will go to the Maw, just like anybody else. Can say "hi" to some children the Horde burned while he is there, i guess.

Since we are definetely going to the Maw and it is VERY likely that we will defeat or at least heavily interrupt the Jailor in the cause of the expansion maybe N'Zoth will turn up together with his dead brothers in a coucil fight? Would not be the first time.
    In the BFA outro for Horde betrayers Sylvanas clearly says that N'Zoth is going to the Maw with the rest of them. And since she gets all she wanted until SL actually takes off, there is no reason to not believe her.

--

As for other whispers:
    "The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all"
    The most used of Azsharas many titles is "Light of Lights"..and she did make a bargain with Sylvanas. So it "could" refer to her. But i son't think so. It is more likely that He is refering to Elune, who struck some kind of bargain with the Jailor to get Vol'jins soul out ofthe Maw. At this point i would speculate that Elune knew that Vol'jin would eventually be key to restoring the Shadowlands - and she made a bargain with the Jailor for his soul in turn she allowed Teldrassil to happen. But that is pure speculation.
    It could also refer to litterally any other Light-Aligned entity. And there are plenty of them in the Shadowlands.

"I alone can save you from what is to come"
    I think this is not a prophecy at all, just a proposal/promise. If we lay down our weapons and all become mad servants of the Black Empire, Sylvanas will not get the anima she needs.

Of Course not, you didn't see a video of it but in the book Sylvanas uses those Lich King Chains to tie up Nzoth. Because power ups yo. Nzoth is done for.
    Last edited by Reallyblizz; 2019-11-03 at 06:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah sounds like they were originally planning to go with an Old God expansion maybe pre BfA and then decided to go with their Shadowlands option instead and kill off N'zoth in a patch...
    It's possible, but they said they start planning the story out two expansions in advance, which means they were probably coming up with early pitches for Shadowlands back during the development of Legion, which explains why Legion pretty much started off with a loa whispering to Vol'jin that Sylvanas needs to be Warchief, and I'm sure factored into the various Stormheim and Northrend Order Campaign questlines they did.

Now, I'm sure it was all very fluid and they probably had a blackboard of competing ideas that they constantly shifted around, prioritizing and pushing whatever they thought was the most cool at the time. However, looking back, I do honestly believe they've probably had this rough arc planned out from the moment they decided to make her Warchief at the start of Legion. Shame they didn't tell the story better, because it does add up decently well in retrospect, but not being clued into a lot of stuff makes it feel like a retcon (and again, I'm sure the concepts were vague and changing constantly during the last few years, and this is just what they finally settled on).

That being said, we can probably therefore assume that a lot of the minor subplots introduced in BFA are actually building to the expansion that's coming after Shadowlands. Which probably means dragon aspects and/or void lords -- though it does sound like the void lords might be even more of a long term concept than we anticipated. Looking back, it's funny, because they've clearly been pushing Death as a concept very heavily, but players kind of overlooked it due to "void lords" appearing in Chronicle and assumed that's what must be next.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-11-03 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    N'Zoth dies. He really does. And this means he will go to the Maw, just like anybody else. Can say "hi" to some children the Horde burned while he is there, i guess.

Since we are definetely going to the Maw and it is VERY likely that we will defeat or at least heavily interrupt the Jailor in the cause of the expansion maybe N'Zoth will turn up together with his dead brothers in a coucil fight? Would not be the first time.
    In the BFA outro for Horde betrayers Sylvanas clearly says that N'Zoth is going to the Maw with the rest of them. And since she gets all she wanted until SL actually takes off, there is no reason to not believe her.

--

As for other whispers:

The most used of Azsharas many titles is "Light of Lights"..and she did make a bargain with Sylvanas. So it "could" refer to her. But i son't think so. It is more likely that He is refering to Elune, who struck some kind of bargain with the Jailor to get Vol'jins soul out ofthe Maw. At this point i would speculate that Elune knew that Vol'jin would eventually be key to restoring the Shadowlands - and she made a bargain with the Jailor for his soul in turn she allowed Teldrassil to happen. But that is pure speculation.
    It could also refer to litterally any other Light-Aligned entity. And there are plenty of them in the Shadowlands.

I think this is not a prophecy at all, just a proposal/promise. If we lay down our weapons and all become mad servants of the Black Empire, Sylvanas will not get the anima she needs.
    I dont think the jailer fits as an "enemy of all" as it is confirmed that theres is a guy behind the guy. i think it suits Sylvanas much better because its very clear at this point that she only serves in her own personal interest and doesnt give a shit if she has to betray anyone for it.

it could be a nice twist if we end up needing the old gods to defeat sylvanas tho. Maybe the whole xalatath thing points in that direction..

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes and because this takes place after his demise, maybe it was his plan to get defeated?
    Even if you knew about future , this isnt means that you can take kamehameha head-on and be okay, he was too BOLD and arrogant
    MUH OLD GOD, WHAT MERE MORTAL CAN DO TO ME? fak is it laser ? i can take it i seen futute , THIS ISNT MY FATE NOOOOOOOOOO
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.