Poll: How dissapointing was the blizzcon trailer for you?

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Locked into a Covenant you may not want based on the abilities it offers - seems great.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    i dont get how u guys can think its the best expansion ever lol
    because they finally will have at least 5 alts now that blizzard will cut down leveling by 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    "nail in the coffin" for WoW
    I always laugh when someone says this. Your poll is also failing, which just adds to the hilarity.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

These poll choices are so biased wtf? Where is the 'Pleased, look pretty good' option?

I'll buy for sure. The question is... How long will I play? I really want to see how will they fix classes. I wasn't fond of how my main changed in legion (enh sham) and how for it to go back closer to it's BC -> WoD roots... They did seem to point more towards adding things back to specs more than redesigning, which I find really, really strange considering how many specs are not as fun as before. Marksman for example was so much more fun in legion... It would kinda suck to have had no major class changes in BFA to then get into shadowlands and realize classes will be the same but with buttons we had in the past and no new class to play. What is sure tho is that I will not be as patient with shadowlands as I was in BFA. I'll leave even earlier than BFA if it happens again.

I have a question for OP: how terrible and misleading is your poll, on a scale from 1 (very) to 10 (extremely). Please answer in a balanced and objective manner, wouldn't want to lead your reply here.

All jokes aside, I personally was quite pleased with the trailer. The Lich King was always overrated as a personal combatant, even Arthas got bitchslapped several times, be it by old paladins huddled up in a windy shack in EPL or some undead apothecaries farting in his general direction. The REAL power behind the LK is the endless army of the dead he commands, but that's not much help in a 1v1 is it. Not to mention that Bolvar is just a stand-in anyway, without Frostmourne or the deep depravity that fueled Arthas. And all that pitted against a Sylvanas empowered by one of the most ancient forces of the cosmos, predating even the Titans? It's obvious it had to end like it did.

I'm not really disappointed in anything they have shown, I am concerned about whether this is all we are going to get. The hype will die down quickly if this really is everything, and if BfA was Legion 2.0 this will be Legion 3.0.

Man there is no option for me here.

I am excited, but nowhere near assuming best expansion ever. A lot of this is new-new, not "We had this person since WC3 and used them" new. Which also sort of makes me relieves they actually made an expansion based off the Shadowlands. Where as a few we expected to been enough for an expansion in terms of content went as far as being just a patch update to an existing one.

Like, really peeved that Nazjatar and Argus became side-stops for our characters, both would have been huge for Blizzard to build upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised when someone online is upset about something that they don't understand. If you followed the lore and watched the in depth panel, they clearly explain how the events took place. There also seems to be this false correlation that Bolvar is as strong as Arthas. This couldn't be further from the truth. Arthas not only was a veteran paladin, but a mighty war veteran aswell. Prior to falling to madness, he was a brilliant strategist and fighter. Combine that with the power of of the helm of domination and Frostmourne and you have one badass dude. While Bolvar might have been great in his own ways, he's simply no arthas.

Again, if you watched the in depth panel, then you'd know how Sylvanas is working with the jailer within the maw. With every death that occurs on Azeroth, she grows in power as those souls are funneled into the Maw instead of being judged by the arbiter within the shadowlands. Just how many souls has she sent to the maw prior to fighting bolvar? Well we have all the night elves and Teldrassil. We have the faction war, including the raid on Dazar'alor. We also have all the deaths from our interactions with Azshara within Nazjatar. Finally, we still have the events of 8.3 to unfold and who knows how many lives are taken during that patch. So lets just say a lot of people have died by the time she's facing off against Bolvar in the shadowlands trailer. She's INSANELY powerful and that's what was supposed to be captured within the shadowlands trailer. Instead people are freaking out and perceiving it as some feminist movement, "females are powerful too" type ordeal and it has nothing to do with that. Sylvanas is just hell bent on saving azeroth, regardless of the sacrifices. That's why she was so upset when she was confronted by Saurfang. She sees the bigger picture and she knows that trying to explain it to everyone is a waste of time. She just wants people to die so that she can become more powerful and save azeroth, regardless the cost.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm positive.

First of all they are again going into unexplored territory without strings attached, same thing like in MoP and MoP was a great expansion in part due to that injection of completely new lore they pulled off well.

Systems-wise I'm lukewarm, mostly because with me playing this game 15 years I have seen so many systems come and go, that at this point I just consider it to be another temporary fluff. It will be proclaimed the latest and greatest by the same people who will hate on it a year in and in the end it will be replaced by some other totally learned our lesson system next expansion... and one after that and so on.

Overall new stuff looks good though, although I did hope to see new class and or race.

Even if I go total doom and gloom scenario, in the end I know what I'm getting and why I'm here - top notch raiding experience and story continuation. That already makes it fine by itself.

BFA made me really jaded, The HK incident made it much more jaded. Not looking that much forward to it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've appreciated a new class but honestly, I most likely wouldn't have rerolled from my current main.
    The story seems kind of dumb, some of the Covenant stuff seems poorly thought out but other than that I like the features they've announced. No AP grind. Level Squish, more Class-focused gameplay instead of Spec-focused... now if only we could get the old talent trees back.

The Roguelike-Tower could be amazing if they get it right, but that'll take a LOT of work if they don't want it to grow stale after 2 weeks the way islands did.

When you create a poll the options should be balanced, and there should be the same "space" between them, for the poll to have any value. Between "disappointed" and "Pleased" there is a huge rift (sic), and then between "Pleased" and "Excited" a not so big one, although your subjective explanation of those terms, makes it look bigger. Also, you are not putting "how disappointed" you are in the polls question, because you re skewing the results (by suggesting your personal opinion is the default)!

Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    When you create a poll the options should be balanced, and there should be the same "space" between them, for the poll to have any value. Between "disappointed" and "Pleased" there is a huge rift (sic), and then between "Pleased" and "Excited" a not so big one, although your subjective explanation of those terms, makes it look bigger. Also, you are not putting "how disappointed" you are in the polls question, because you re skewing the results (by suggesting your personal opinion is the default)!
    No need to educate him. He knew what he was doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    No need to educate him. He knew what he was doing.
    I was very angry making the pool, I know the poll is lacking some options, but in my defense the "feature" trailer only showed us 4 new zones plus the covenant system, so there you have it. Past trailers had showed us new races, new classes, etc.
    The trailer is lackluster at best.

I like it how even your "I don't care" option is biased, haha.

Guess your own poll speaks for itself. That's the same hyperbole that so many other posters share here.

I don't mean to be toxic, but sometimes the community needs to know that not everyone else shares the same opinion no matter how loud they cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    And your post just won the contest of cry baby of the year. Congrats!
    after ten years of giving benefit of the doubt to blizzard and then being let down, I cant help myself but to expect the laziest, unfinished work from them. sorry but BFA finally killed my enthusiasm toward blizzard and wow. because every time I expect something good and something that is worked on, they somehow twist it to something uninteresting and lazy. I was really hyped up for warfronts and IEs, look how it turned out.

The new leveling system, returning abilities , class identity over spec identity and the removal of Titanforging are all steps in the right direction,
    but I was expecting a new class, for months ppl been talking about which class will be the next - Tinker or Dark Ranger or even Necromancer
    personally I wanted a Dark Ranger class, idk for me Blizzard blew it.

Also as a big fan of the Lick King (which I think is the most popular character in world of warcraft) I was disappointed that Sylvanas literaly destroyed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Maybe if you had an interesting life with a job, friends and family, you wouldnt consume games at the rate you do, and maybe stuff would be more interesting.
    What a dumb thing to say to someone. Are you seriously gatekeeping enjoyment of videogames on the basis that he (presumably) doesn't have a job, friends, or family? As if that has anything to do with it at all?

No necromancers = no buy

What a wasted opportunity