Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I suspect that there won't be Worgen/Forsaken AR, if only because the formers simply don't have one (I mean, what would that be? Saberon ? They are basically non-existent; NE Worgens ? They wouldn't look or be different, really) and the one teased for the latters is not well loved (with good reason - Lightforged Undeads make no sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    The fantasy of Shadowlands is tied to your choice of covenant. I am 100% certain that each covenant will have an allied race attached to it, and we unlock them through our chosen covenants’ story. These allied races will not be tied to the horde or alliance, but rather we select the faction we want them to join when we make the character (like pandas).
    Very likely. With the new shared starting zone were Alliance and Horde can team-up, there's no impediment now to add new neutral races or new race/class combos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Those covenant races are spirits they can not cross-over to the world of the living.
    Until now. What if the story moves towards that?

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    "Little real substance"?! Really? Four expansions/sequals were announced, seemed to be more real substance than any blizzcon in recent history. There is just no pleasing stone people, they will complain no matter what.
    All of that was known about for, in some cases, MONTHS before Blizzcon. There were no announcements that were surprises oe even really exciting.

Diablo 4 - years out, ignores D3 almost entirely to be a direct sequel to D2 in both gameplay and story (all known fromleaks already for weeks)

Diablo Immortal is still a blatant mobile cash grab - with mealy-mouthed “were still thinking about monetization” talk. Nothing new.

Overwatch 2 was a surprise to literally no one.

Shadowlands was credibly leaked a few weeks ago. Everything in the xpac in terms of mechanics was already known/discussed (level squish, the un-Specing, the un-Pruning, Crafting being not awful). Story itself is bad fanfic level Waifu-luv by a head writer who admits Sylv is his waifu and that Neu-Nathanos is his self-insert character.

So, there wasnt much “exciting” or truly new showed at Blizzcon at all.

Again, this doesn't mean anything. There was so much discussion about the faction symbols in the character screen pointing towards merged or removed factions... and in the end absolutely nothing changes. It is most likely the same with the two empty slots for allied races.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Those covenant races are spirits they can not cross-over to the world of the living.
    So there won't be an option to have those as allied races.
    Do you really think Blizz is not going to add them as Allied races? It takes only a little story (hand waving, really) to justify why one individual (your new character) is given the ability to venture into the world of the living.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Story itself is bad fanfic level Waifu-luv by a head writer who admits Sylv is his waifu and that Neu-Nathanos is his self-insert character.
    Just because you do not like the story does not mean it is fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The owl people would be sweet.
    I can see them say.... "Whats an owl?"

Like Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy.

I just want to play as a Saytr. That's all I want honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightforged View Post
    Just because you do not like the story does not mean it is fan fiction.
    I didn't say it was literal fan-fiction.

I said it was as bad as fan-fiction. And quite honestly, ive read fan-fiction that was far better than this trash.

It is objectively bad storytelling.

It requires ignoring previous stories, massive ret-cons (and I'm something of a "thats not really a ret-con" apologist on Blizzards part - most of the stuff people whinge about being retcons are actually addcons), and just the outright twisting of characters to suit the perverted fantasies on the part of the head writer, who has admitted this shit publicly..to make even the slightest sense. Oh, and it is going in direction that isnt supported by any existing real lore, and doesn't even fit wit the feeling of WoW at all. It doesn't even line up with the massive add-cons and ret-cons presented in Chronicles.

He's stated MULTIPLE TIMES, on Public forums, that Neu-Nathanos is straight up his self insert, complete with unquestioning slavering adoration of Sylvannas. Hes used the phrase/term of 'Shes my Waifu' completely un-ironically when mentioning his fixation.

This guy should never have been given a job writing anything, much less the story for a major RPG.

Its trash-tier garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I vote for Alliance Orcs and Horde Humans!!!
    The Horde needs more horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Gherothar View Post
    Why the hell would the Covenant races, beings that exist beyond life, death and time, join up with the Horde or Alliance in the material world? Why the hell would they help them destroy their enemies? The ongoing theme here is about the balance of life and death and how WE help THEM preserve it. Please.
    Yeah the only way I see us getting new allied races in Shadowlands is if they come from the normal world.

At this point I'm pretty sure Vulpera and Mechagnomes are the last BfA AR, a shame if that's the case.

It will be interesting to see, however, if Venthyr/Night Fae/Kyrian will have player-quality models or will just be random npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah the only way I see us getting new allied races in Shadowlands is if they come from the normal world.
    Exactly. Shadowland races have no stake in the wars of mortals, or a reason to give a f**** about what color you wear when you kill other people. They are way beyond that. Their deal is the afterlife, why the hell would they get involved in normal lives that last a second compared to their eternal existence. Seriously most people don't think things too much.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a question I expected to be answered at Blizzcon, but it wasn't. I still think Lightforged Undead may appear somewhere and my personal one is the hopes of High Elves. Ankoan and Unshackled Gilbins or others, or potentially Ogres for the Horde? Have two more popular ones to round it off?

I don't expect to see more Allied Races in Shadowlands. It's not an Expansion feature and not a thing I can see happening, which is a shame as everybody loves new Character Models but with the updates mentioned I think they have priority. We will have to see, probably in 8.3.5.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I vote for Alliance Orcs and Horde Humans!!!
    It would destroy the iconic humans vs orcs theme of warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping Ogres because of the new starter area and dungeon being about them.