Thread: WoW Q&A hosts

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard likes their bubble. The most useful interview was with Preach who was just invited by FinalBossTv to sit in with Ion who popped Ions little bubble but you could see on his face literal dying inside when he realized how disconnected Ion is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    I think its great that Blizzard invites famous people from the community into stuff like this.

BUT, they were so damn annoying this year - and I felt they focused too much on themselves instead of reading questions from the Forums.
    The guy kept talking about stuff that weren't even a question, it was just stories from his players perspective.

The Q&A is an important event for many and they tried to make it a funny advertisement for their YouTube Channel.
    Nothing new for you? Been like that for a long time. More strict the past 5 BlizzCons as they screen the questions now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Didn't watch it and don't watch those youtubers.. Not gonna hate someone based on visual appearance, but his smile whenever I've seen a video has a very "psycho killer" vibe
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

They are blizzard sycophants that's why they were chosen. It's unfortunate but blizz wasn't going to risk someone who might actually ask tough questions hosting the q/a

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    Where do they find these people?
    Funny, I was thinking the same after reading this post. Guys like this is why I support Abortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah agree, no idea how their channel is popular.

They are fake and total cringe.

WoW Q&A is always wasted by pointless talk however.

What I found strange was the smile he decided to use in his image is actually fine. In generally though, I think they both smile like psychopaths.
    Yes. It's the most disturbing thing.

I used to like them but after their defense of Diablo Immortal after last year's Blizzcon it became clear to me that they were thinly veiled shills who'd defend every asinine decision Blizzard makes. Taliesin even called me a liar when I commented this on their video. I then provided evidence for their defense and never got an answer again.

I prefer Bellular. While his style is comparable to theirs he is willing to critisize and seek fault when something is obviously wrong.

They seemed fine to me, they said were they are from at the start didn’t they? Host a wow YouTube new show. Seen a few of their stuff isn’t any worse than anything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    He wasn't allowed. Bay was invited and he "snuck" preach in...
    If they didn't want him there, no one would be able to "sneak him in".

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    I used to like them but after their defense of Diablo Immortal after last year's Blizzcon it became clear to me that they were thinly veiled shills who'd defend every asinine decision Blizzard makes. Taliesin even called me a liar when I commented this on their video. I then provided evidence for their defense and never got an answer again.

I prefer Bellular. While his style is comparable to theirs he is willing to critisize and seek fault when something is obviously wrong.
    What do you mean by defense of Diablo Immortal? I'm pretty sure they agreed the way it was announced was pretty unfortunate. Unless you mean that if someone doesn't condemn the existence of a mobile game they have to be terrible people. I'm not gonna play diablo immortal, but I couldn't care less if it gets released or not. There are probably people out there who will be interested and more power to them. Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean you have to spoil the fun of others.

If anything, this year's blizzcon confirmed that people whining about diablo immortal were wrong, because D4 was clearly already in the works but wasn't yet officially confirmed.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-11-04 at 01:06 PM.

This event always seems to be terrible at letting people actually get questions done.

I love T&A, but what people want from a Q&A host is someone that maximizes questions asked in the very little time for it. That's not a role these two were suited for at all. The hosts they pick never are. They pick performers, whose normal livelihood is their ability to put on a show. Whereas this event needs someone humble and efficient. Next time, get an accountant to do this, and pay him or her per question answered in the Q&A.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If they didn't want him there, no one could "sneak him in".
    Wanting someone there or not kicking him out is two, very different thing. But whatever you want to believe, without actually having a VT and watching it how it went down. By this logic, he could have casually "accompanied" Taliesin and lead the Q&A. Would have been SO.MUCH.BETTER. To be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    So all things considering, I thought they did pretty decent. Hell, Taliesen actually asked more interesting questions about the game itself than any of the people asking questions. Seemed like he was atleast trying to get some actual decent information into the Q&A.
    They did fine. Especially handling the Hong Kong morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    They did fine. Especially handling the Hong Kong morons.
    I'd rather hear some Hong Kong shouts than some story about how this woman got him back to her apartment on their first date to show him her "character".

I'm not surprised that in this rancid fart cloud that the mmo-c forums have turned into, people would find the pettiest reasons to bitch about two perfectly normal and average hosts but at least I would think that you guys would try do your homework. Blizzcon Q&A's have been staged for years, everything is controlled from the number of questions to its content, thats just normal corporate policy, I wouldn't be surprised if even everything T&E said had been scripted.

And yes, I do like T&E, even if I dont agree with them at times. Their upbeat and positive attitude is a breath of fresh air in this comunity and I appreciate their efforts to present alternative explanations to different issues in WoW, I might not agree with them at times but it's always nice to have a wider perspective of things.

that's Taliesin and Evitel - youtubers who would praise Blizzard even if they started burning jews in a furnace.

The look of disappointment of the people in line that didnt get to ask questions because the hosts decided to abuse their microphone power and ask and narrate irrelevant shit is why the Q&A was garbage. Questions from attendees might not be perfect or that great, but they paid their blizzcon ticket to do that. The hosts were hired.

- - - Updated - - -

The look of disappointment of the people in line that didnt get to ask questions because the hosts decided to abuse their microphone power and ask and narrate irrelevant shit is why the Q&A was garbage. Questions from attendees might not be perfect or that great, but they paid their blizzcon ticket to do that. The hosts were hired.

I dont watch the wow q and a to hear about some rando putting another human on this earth. Hosts should be as out of the way as possible during a q and a. They have other platforms to be excited about children.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cringe was too strong that I literally had to mute them for some seconds. Then again I'm really not a fan of T&E.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    That's not true, I cheer for some happy people =p

I was fine with Taliesin until the Asmongold fiasco. The thing is, that super happy and positive Taliesin you see is just a character, complete fake, he's exactly what you described, bitter and resentful.
    What Asmongold fiasco?

I reallllly dislike Taliesin and find him mostly unwatchable and a bit of a jerk. That said, I think he did really well handling the Hong Kong protesters.