Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I want that hammer for Xmog, dang it.
    Blackhand's hammer is pretty close to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever that thing is, we havn't seen the last of it I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Felt like he was just channeling his magic thru the hammer, dont think the hammer itself is very powerful by itself.
    That's the vibe I got too. It was glowing fire, the same fire that courses throughout his body. Then when he started channeling the frostfire throughout his body, the hammer did as well. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't talked about and is just something you accept. Can't imagine it makes much of a difference lore wise.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... But... Didn't UH DK's have 1 sort of "artifact tint" that was hammer indeed? Like from finished legion dungeon achies? or something like that?

Can't remember at this moment, but I'm 99% sure I saw... AT LEAST similar weapon in game (related to DKs)
    Gonna correct my self here, actually Bolvars hammer looks EXTREMELY similar to HOLY PALAs artifact wep:

https://www.wowhead.com/acquiring-th...enshots:abc:26

Yeah, I know... That hammer has the Silver Hand mark in the middle. But, pretty much everything else is EXACTLY the same. Any lore geeks here who could confirm the history/heritage of the weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's the vibe I got too. It was glowing fire, the same fire that courses throughout his body. Then when he started channeling the frostfire throughout his body, the hammer did as well. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't talked about and is just something you accept. Can't imagine it makes much of a difference lore wise.
    I feel the fact that it's responding to him completely tells a different tale. Could easily be for show, but could also easily be built into a good story.

For all we know Bolvar's hammer can be far stronger than even Arthas's Frostmourne. Bolvar view our Deathknight as a champion but still beneath him so I have no doubt that he saved the best artifact for himself. I believe we'll see more of this hammer in the expansion.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong... But... Didn't UH DK's have 1 sort of "artifact tint" that was hammer indeed? Like from finished legion dungeon achies? or something like that?

Can't remember at this moment, but I'm 99% sure I saw... AT LEAST similar weapon in game (related to DKs)
    It looks a bit similar to the PVP (I think) holy paladin hammer from Legion. At least more similar than any of the DK one's that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I feel the fact that it's responding to him completely tells a different tale. Could easily be for show, but could also easily be built into a good story.
    i just want helm of domination to be fixed and then during expac he gets buffed hammer which he uses to crush Sylvanas head with those 4 pointy things on backside at the end of expac.. i would do all that in r rating diablo 4 style.. that would be epic...

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    It looks a bit similar to the PVP (I think) holy paladin hammer from Legion. At least more similar than any of the DK one's that I can remember.
    Yep. I corrected my self in 2nd post (few posts above yours )

EXTREMELY similar. Except for the "emblem" in the center.

On holy palas it's FIST (resembling the Silver Hand, ofc) and on Bolvar's, it's SKULL (cus of death and DK's, doh...)

Does it really matter? He got destroyed. What a waste. I bet even Nathanos with a Valkyr empowering him can beat the Lich King.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-05 at 04:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was my favorite part of the whole thing, the sound of that swing was awesome. It was like mjolnir but heavier.
    Yes! I couldn't place what it reminded me of but that is absolutely it, thanks.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it being a hammer is a nod to his Paladin days.

So what happened to his sword outside the wrathgate?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    See back in his day, humans got 1% expertise with maces. But he's been AFK for a decade and didn't read WoD patch changes.

Naw on the real though I imagine he was just pulling a reverse Arthas: going from a sword-wielding prot pally to a Might of the Frozen Wastes (again, not big on patch changes) hammer-boi, whereas Arthas upgraded to Frostmourne from Light's Vengeance. Super ironic name too, considering one of the first things Uther tells Arthas in WC III is: "Vengeance cannot be a part of what we must do. If we allow our passions to turn to bloodlust, then we will become as vile as the orcs." So now both of these hammer-proficient Lich Kings are just trying not to be as vile as their orc predecessor (Ner'zhul) I suppose.

Now on the real real though, I can't imagine he had the Nathrezim forge him something as chill as Frostmourne buuuuut since their blacksmiths are all thieves anyway ("The best artists steal." - Steve Jobs), and he's fairly familiar with the goings-on of the Shadowlands, he probably didn't have a hard time hitting up the Necrolords in Maldraxxus to forge a suite of armor and a hammer cool enough to do Karl Franz or a young Robert Baratheon at the Trident proud. Possibly having his zombies dig the ash dust or whatever remains of Krasus out form under the Wyrmrest to bind it with the same elementally mutable lifefires that fill him and borrow some Dragonmaw blueprints to forge a hammer with exactly the right heft to crack open red dragon skulls like coconuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Does it really matter? He got destroyed. What a waste. I bet even Nathanos with a Valkyr empowering him can beat the Lich King.
    Relax. This is the beginning of the Rocky, not the end. A (dark, brooding, questionably moral... shit, questionably sane) hero's gotta fall on his face to have a meaningful journey.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Still kinda mad that Bolvar looked absolutely fcking badass, just to get roflstomped immediately lol. Now, without the helm, he only looks half as badass. Oh well, maybe it'll be reforged in Shadowlands.
    Btw, i really hope the old Lich king armor Ner'zhul was bound to alongside the helm will somehow play a role again. since it got a visual update in WC3 Reforged and looks even wayyy better than both Arthas's and Bolvars.
    https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/878785.jpg

But nah, Blizz will just continue to pretend that thing never existed.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Technically it never hit. It did cause a shock wave to the ground though. Also, this is the lore forum, not the in game mechanics forum.
    Damn it Bolvar.. He didn't get hit and expertise capped. Probably forgot to gem and enchant as well. Was too busy killing Sunstrider decendents and taking naps I guess.

it should have been shadowmourne. there's no reason that it seems to have just blinked from existence.

if he can't have apocalypse, at least give him shadowmourne.

One thing to add, that hammer shielded him when the boulder was coming in... somewhat. That doesn't seem normal.
    Frost magic vs Ice Spike.

He casts/spends a Frost Rune to throw the ice spikes, and that's what Sylvanas threw at him.

It wasn't Saronite, there's no reason he'd be able to levitate Saronite or melt it.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

The Hammer's name is Bloodmourne.

For consistencies sake, rest is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Frost magic vs Ice Spike.

He casts/spends a Frost Rune to throw the ice spikes, and that's what Sylvanas threw at him.

It wasn't Saronite, there's no reason he'd be able to levitate Saronite or melt it.
    It actually is Saronite. One of artists who worked on the cinematic refers to the chunks as such.