Poll: Which expansion will you level through first?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whichever is fastest, so probably Warlords of Draenor.

Also, I like how there's already 62 votes and no one has picked KT or Zandalar. Yet that's where they're sending the poor new players to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Whichever is fastest, so probably Warlords of Draenor.

Also, I like how there's already 62 votes and no one has picked KT or Zandalar. Yet that's where they're sending the poor new players to.
    It's the most recent and fresh in memory. Most of us have been through that place 2-3 times now in the last year. Of course we would pick something that is less fresh in mind.

They are also pushing the newbies through it due to keep them updated with the newest lore which in my opinion is not a bad reason. Expac lore linearity is fucked remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    They are also pushing the newbies through it due to keep them updated with the newest lore which in my opinion is not a bad reason. Expac lore linearity is fucked remember?
    If they really cared about that, then they should've started them out in Legion imo. 10-30 on the Broken Isles, 30-50 on KT or Zandalar. That's how it should have been.

If they fix the absurd speed of WoD then I’ll go with BC due to quest density

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know more about how they plan to deal with itemization on these expansions. If I pick BC and it's supposed to take me to 50, how terrible will that gear be at 50 compared to say, BfA? No, I don't always level with heirlooms and I hope that's not the answer.

You can hate WOD all you want, but its leveling is the faster of them all. Even quite enjoyable compared to all the others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they really cared about that, then they should've started them out in Legion imo. 10-30 on the Broken Isles, 30-50 on KT or Zandalar. That's how it should have been.
    I guess, but that sounds like a pain in the ass to accomplish without burning the newbies out as both expacs are rather heavy on the lore side. Also in my opinion it would feel like a downgrade going into BFA which might not be ideal to keep new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    Lol. It it takes 60-70% faster to level next expension.
    Doesn't matter, it's still worth skipping the tutorial and getting to the actual game imo.

I'd go with whatever has the most linear and fastest questing. So probably Cata zones and MoP zones. Mt. Hyjal for sure; it's by far my favorite leveling zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I'd like to know more about how they plan to deal with itemization on these expansions. If I pick BC and it's supposed to take me to 50, how terrible will that gear be at 50 compared to say, BfA? No, I don't always level with heirlooms and I hope that's not the answer.
    I expect all gear will just have a range of stat values from level 10 to level 50 and it'll give you whatever level you complete the quest at, much like how current level 10-60 works in oldworld zones.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

WoD will most likely be the most efficient one.

But when it comes to it, I'll do a new zone for each new alt I level up. Spice things up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Probably all outside of TBC and WotLK... they are just too dated and didn't age well

What i like about the system they announced is that i'll be able to cool down on an expansion, with the next alt going trough a different one...
    So yes; this way it might be a different expansion every month.

At this point most of us have all the classes at max level or legion 110s from when it was super easy to level up in legion pre patch event etc.

So unless I need to level up an allied race for a specify reason I don't see myself leveling again except mains in new zones. Unless they made the 1-50 new leveling like stupid fast (like 16 hrs max) then I won't bother. I've leveled up like 16 characters I think to 110+ so I'm good for life at this point as most veteran wow players are. Either pay $25 for race change and save hours or if too poor then slave away on it. For those who haven't done it yet I'm sure it will be enjoyable experience to go through all the expansion level.

its all relative anyways IF I come back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    probably MoP first, then maybe BC and Classic

Either BFA or Legion.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how many (allied races-) alts I'm going to level. Probably going through some of them, just to see it again, since one is just a short time in every zone atm. If WoD isn't changed to much, it will be the one to level the fastest. MoP for 'good times'. I can't think of a reason to level in Cata. BfA is to new at the moment and since I play both factions, I've seen it on both sides. Legion will be one too, because I liked Legion a lot.

What im wondering is how fast it will take... are we talking : do 2 quests, get a level up, so you end up skiping about 90% of the expac content? Or are we talking about having to do almost the whole zone, move to the next until you are almost max level by the end of that expac? I hope for the second one.

Also, side note, i m laughing alot about how Pandaria is the #1 spot by a long shot when you hear everywhere people complaining about MoP
    I love that part of the world and seems like alot more people also do

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand all these votes for WotLK. I mean, it was a really tedious xpac but I guess that fanboysm plays its part.

Probably Legion. Having an OP weapon during all the leveling sounds very good in my head, especially with weapon dmg classes

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    why are people still repeating the same falacy? They never said you will choose a single expansion to level from 10-50, that literally makes 0 sense, or else you would pick expacs like MoP or Cata that were made to be done in 5levels. And how would that even work? Are you guys seriously thinking you're getting 40 levels in zones that were made to get only 5 levels? Meaning you'll get a new level every 2 quests? That doesn't make any sense, specially considering how Ion literally said on the first pannel that they want leveling to be meaningful and not something you get so fast you instantly loose interest in it.

What will happen is that you will be able to go straight to MoP at lvl 10, and probably be done all the zones around lvl 20. Then you move to , say, BfA until 30, etc etc etc