Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can live with pathfinder just remove the damn time gate. Half the expansion is gone before you can get it

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would be okay if they reduced it to just the 'Part 1' requirements.
    Explore each zone, finish each zone's main story, get Revered (mostly there from the story alone), do some WQs (help get you Revered), and that's that.
    By that time, you have seen the game as they have designed it, you have played the way they wanted you to play.
    You've finished the story, so go and fly; be free.

I would even be okay if, due to the reduced achievement requirements, they added a gold cost (what it used to be pre-WoD).
    It doesn't need to break the bank or anything, but it would get it closer to the olden days.

I don't like 'I hit max level, therefore flying'; that feels like it cheapens the game a bit.
    But I also don't think you need to jump through 1 year's worth of hoops (with the second half of the hoops not even available until patch x.2) either; that's just ridiculous.

Meet in the middle.
    Do the story.
    Explore all the things.
    Grind entry reps.
    Fly.

Keep pathfinder the same, but make pt 1 unlock flying in the main expansions zones and then tie part 2 and possibly 3 to patch zones.

like, Pt. 1 Zandalar/Kul'tiras, Pt. 2 Naz'jatar/Mechagon, etc, none of this 1 year shit.

Bring it out in first patch not the .2 patch

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Pathfinder would be fine if they let you fly right after earning it. Waiting half the expansion for it is bullshit.
    Agreed so much. I need this! Give me just pathfinder singular, no p1 or p2. Just a single "Pathfinder of X expansion". Or at least doesn't take that long. I really enjoy having flying. Like i appreciate most blizzard art from the sky than i ever actually observe more on the ground, i might be one of a kind? But i really feel amazed by the world on the sky and looking down and around me on the sky, how big a area is, and how beautiful it looks to be on the top of something looking around. Like Dazar'alor, i go to the top of it and look around and i just see trees but there's buildings architects that are so nice to spot from far. And how it actually looks like an empire.

I just hate it, I want to purchase my flying after levelling, plain and simple.
    I don't want pathfinder anymore.

i think the current system is pretty perfect - getting flying after a tier is like reexploring the zones which is quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    As title suggests. I have a certain love-hate for pathfinder.
    You dont have to do anything but playing casualy to get it done.

If you dont play the game, not even casually 1day/week, what gating do you want with your playtime?

It is impossible to make anything for seasonal players.
    If blizzard does no gating, you and your type screams "BORING, WHY SHOULD I SUB IF THERE ARE NO GOALS ANYMORE"
    If blizzard does a skill gating, the scream turns to "WHY IS THERE NOTHING FOR CASUAL PLAYERS"
    If blizzard keeps the system we have >JUST PARTICIPATE, JUST DO THE MOST CASUAL CONTENT FOR ~2 WEEKS/EXPANSION< and this is your thread, complaining even about the lowest possible gating.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i think the current system is pretty perfect - getting flying after a tier is like reexploring the zones which is quite fun.
    That's your opinion and i accept it! Would you reject tho a change where a pathfinder part 2 would be removed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    You dont have to do anything but playing casualy to get it done.

If you dont play the game, not even casually 1day/week, what gating do you want with your playtime?

It is impossible to make anything for seasonal players.
    If blizzard does no gating, you and your type screams "BORING, WHY SHOULD I SUB IF THERE ARE NO GOALS ANYMORE"
    If blizzard does a skill gating, the scream turns to "WHY IS THERE NOTHING FOR CASUAL PLAYERS"
    If blizzard keeps the system we have >JUST PARTICIPATE, JUST DO THE MOST CASUAL CONTENT FOR ~2 WEEKS/EXPANSION< and this is your thread, complaining even about the lowest possible gating.
    I play the game on a daily basis. I had my rep in first days already. I just didn't had pathfinder 2 after so long, so i didn't had flying as everyone else didn't had it. until they decided to bring pathfinder 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it as it currently exists, though I wouldn't mind them launching it in 9.1 instead of 9.2. Or maybe just apply it to zones that are a patch old, so if they add a new zone in 9.1, Pathfinder activates for the 9.0 zones, and so on through the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go back to making it a gold purchase, no level requirements. That way, anyone who saves up the gold in the expansion before can buy it right as pre-patch goes live. Make the areas bigger to compensate. More space, more landscape to explore, less tightly-packed linear setpieces. Just please, Blizzard. Stop making every expansion so much of a traditional narrative. Give us a new zone, let us explore it and uncover the main plots as we explore instead of being railroaded along it. LET US FLY AGAIN!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think part 1 should allow flying at level cap and only require Loremaster and Explorer for the new zones. Once I've done all of those things, I'm already at the point where I've slogged through all the bullshit terrain and "seen the world" from the ground, and I'm not really interested in doing it again.

I'm okay with a short timegate, but I don't think that should be longer than maybe a month or two after the expansion's release.

Part 2 should either be removed entirely, or it should just give us something like a slight mounted speed boost.

I also have no problems with adding no-fly zones (like the Isle in BC) later in the expansion.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would like them to remove flying altogether in Shadowlands. Just my personal preference.

Flight unlocks in a zone after you finish the main quest and exploring. Time gate is terrible and has made a lot of people quit/discouraged returning players. I would love to come back to grind rep in dead content to play new races and fly... it’s not fun.

They should get rid of flying. Nothing damaged the game more.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see flying gone altogether, simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    And people like you are the reason why WoW is going downhill - wanting everything by doing nothing.
    Its going down because their stupid decisions and flying is one of the many reasons,many things are locked behind loooooooooooong time gate.Flying was one of the things that came early on in game,not year after.Please,all this "you dont see world out there"we want you to experiance content,blabla"its all crap.What content exactly?If it werent for forced world quests,what would there be to do,well farm herbs/ores.It's nothing else but a way to make you keep paying them sub... It was fine when they just gave us flying.

I like it. Play the game, get rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I think part 1 should allow flying at level cap and only require Loremaster and Explorer for the new zones. Once I've done all of those things, I'm already at the point where I've slogged through all the bullshit terrain and "seen the world" from the ground, and I'm not really interested in doing it again.

I'm okay with a short timegate, but I don't think that should be longer than maybe a month or two after the expansion's release.

Part 2 should either be removed entirely, or it should just give us something like a slight mounted speed boost.

I also have no problems with adding no-fly zones (like the Isle in BC) later in the expansion.
    I played everything before mop and wod that i didn't experience, and even in mop you could just hit max level and buy flying for what i know. And i'm used to it, in legion i did was hooked so i didn't even to do any effort tbh to have it. In bfa i did everything too soon as well, but the pathfinder p2 for me it seemed to take so long to come out that i started having this love-hate, and joining this with getting wod reps was like "REEE pathfinder!" but i still didn't want to have it just given now by buying with gold, cause now i'm used to the challenge to get flying, and i actually love the feeling of unlocking it. So ye some changes is what comes to my mind.

I love to do loremaster and quest chains, i wouldn't mind do that just for unlocking my flying.

i wouldnt change it at all. people need to stop being lazy f**** already and just do the rep grind its not that hard.