Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Guess first the country this place took in, then the city.

Quote my post and reply with your guesses.
    The country is easy, as soon as you see someone was shot you know the answer, no clue on the city.

Ah good so instead of 563 murders there's only 450, well that's something.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Update here:

https://wqad.com/2019/11/04/juvenile...ck-or-treater/

Looks like a 15-year-old has been charged with the shooting and is in custody. The girl is still in critical condition. Investigation still going on, but police think it was gang related (as the gunman is believed to be a gang member) and that the 30-year-old guy who got shot in the hand was the intended victim.

It sucks that something like this had to happen to a 7-year-old kid. I hope she makes it. I don't have kids of my own and can't imagine what her parents are going through.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-11-04 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you understand the concept of "per capita" or is that entirely lost on you?

New York City has about 300 murders a year, but the crime rate is below average for all cities, towns, villages You seem to ignore how percentages work.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Do you understand the concept of "per capita" or is that entirely lost on you?

New York City has about 300 murders a year, but the crime rate is below average for all cities, towns, villages You seem to ignore how percentages work.
    Yes I understand per Capita which is why I addressed it. Have you actually bothered reading my reply you wouldn't have asked a silly question.
    Do you understand you're complaining about talking about Chicago in a thread about someone getting shot in Chicago?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Update here:

https://wqad.com/2019/11/04/juvenile...ck-or-treater/

Looks like a 15-year-old has been charged with the shooting and is in custody. The girl is still in critical condition. Investigation still going on, but police think it was gang related (as the gunman is believed to be a gang member) and that the 30-year-old guy who got shot in the hand was the intended victim.

It sucks that something like this had to happen to a 7-year-old kid. I hope she makes it. I don't have kids of my own and can't imagine what her parents are going through.
    That's awful, something really needs to be done about gang violence

Biased? Could it be because the murders are in the 100s? What other reason do you think Chicago is picked over any other cities Why do you only defend this one? Weird.

563 murders in Chicago and you want to wright it off because they have a high population lol

Then you pick on OKC for some reason that doesn't even make the top 30 list

Chicago does not make the top 30 list per capita either.
    The only way it makes that list if they put qualifiers like minimum population and population buckets. (only then because the bucket is so small of course it makes it in the top 30)

2,719,151 @ 563

Greater Chicago area is at 8.0 per 100k and Greater OKC is at 5.2.

National average is 5.0.

National average for cities over 1 million is 8.3%
    FBI Group I (250k or bigger), which would cover both in the same bucket the rate is 10.0.
    500k or bigger its around 10.0 as well

So Chicago is safer then the average big US city.
    OKC is much safer than the average mid size city.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

I think the main reason Chicago is constantly brought up is just purely based on biases, and you know it. Everyone does.
    Of course it is. Its the most visible liberal city conservatives and gun rights advocates can use as an example.

But its not just them.
    Even the liberal Media picks them out because its the most "known" city that hits their demographic when it comes to "selling" a story. They are biased for a completely different reason.

They won't report on the huge rural gun/murder problem because it does not sell as well as huge city killings. Truth be told, no one cares about much of the "red" counties and their problems.

There are even more liberal cities that "outperform" Chicago, but conservatives ignore those because the ROI on attacking those cities or the states they are in are either a lock politically or a never win state like NY.

To ignore that there is huge Biased spins on this issue and this city is ignorance at its best.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Chicago does not make the top 30 list per capita either.
    The only way it makes that list if they put qualifiers like minimum population and population buckets. (only then because the bucket is so small of course it makes it in the top 30)

It's number 16, please don't make up your own facts

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mur...u-s-cities/51/
    Of course it is. Its the most visible liberal city conservatives and gun rights advocates can use as an example.
    What a silly argument, every city above Chicago in murders is also a Blue city, how the fuck can you say it's based on bias? What the fuck does this even have to do with politics?
    Last edited by zenkai; 2019-11-04 at 09:33 PM.

It's number 16, please don't make up your own facts

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/mur...u-s-cities/51/

What a silly argument, every city above Chicago in murders is also a Blue city, how the fuck can you say it's based on bias? What the fuck does this even have to do with politics?
    (….put qualifiers like minimum population and population buckets.)

Odd where is

Gary IN = 53 per 100k
    Charleston, WV= 21
    Danville IL = 21
    City of North Little Rock. AR = 20
    Pine Bluff, AR = 35.5
    Portsmouth, VA =21.2
    Camden, NJ =31
    Wilmington, DE =32
    Compton, CA = 36
    Goldsboro, NC = 31
    Elkhart, IN = 29
    Saginaw, York, Meridian, Harrisburg, Trenton, Fort Myers, etc etc etc
    etc
    etc
    etc

and.....
    Left out cities in PR.

Just pushed them out of the top 30....I can keep going. Probably hit 50....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    The people who legally possess firearms aren't doing this stuff though. The majority of the deaths are from handguns in the hands of people who shouldn't have one, in cities administered by Democrats with some of the toughest gun laws in the United States. They are hardly ever committed by the people you hate the most; ethnically white, Republican, employed and enrolled in the NRA.
    I just want to point out that everybody with a gun is someone that shouldn't have a gun in their hands.
    Its minority Democrats killing minority Democrats with handguns while screaming at middle American to surrender their long guns.
    That got political really fast. Are we going to blame it on Obama next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I just want to point out that everybody with a gun is someone that shouldn't have a gun in their hands.

That got political really fast. Are we going to blame it on Obama next?
    Very subjective statement there.

P.S., I was not aware NJ HAD a better part.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a cultural problem. But that's too controversial to talk about, so we'll just talk about background checks like they'd make a difference in these cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    You mean like in Charlottesville?
    Captain obvious much? =D

It is clear that the poster was the usual white trash racist being usual.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-05 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Be civil and keep race out of discussion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some discussion can be moved to the Gun Control Mega-thread, while the rest is either out of hand or off-topic. This will be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."