10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In today's edition of: What I really meant was....
    NBC News is one of several breaking news sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Sondland a couple weeks ago: "I don't recall if there was an explicit quid-pro-quo"
    Sondland now: "Their absolutely was an explicit quid-pro-quo, in fact, I'm the one that delivered the threat"

Shocked Pikachu face.
    "Haha, oh you meant that Quid Pro Quo! Yeah, I remember that now, oops"

In today's edition of: What I really meant was...

Gordon Sondland.
    You don't understand. Sondland was actually a deep state, Never Trumper, who donated $1 million to become ambassador and then to lie to Congress and get this....

Only to turn around and now say there was a quid pro quo.

I'm telling the Deep State is operating at peak levels.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW: Kurt Volker TEXTED to a top Ukrainian official the script they wanted Zelensky to read to announce the Burisma (i.e. Biden)/2016 election investigaitons.

The latest:

https://t.co/g9bkSdlarw

The text: https://t.co/GpQPSiBrDw
    https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...237331457?s=19

Oh wow! They have an actual script of what Zelensky should say.

If all confirmed this is the Mob boss giving the order. Seems direct.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "Haha, oh you meant that Quid Pro Quo! Yeah, I remember that now, oops"
    I'm just picturing the gate key bit from The Princess Bride.

Pelosi: "Tell us about the quid pro quo."
    Sondland: "I know of no quid pro quo."
    Pelosi: "Schiff, charge him with perjury."
    Sondland: "Oh, you mean this quid pro quo..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I'm just picturing the gate key bit from The Princess Bride.

Pelosi: "Tell us about the quid pro quo."
    Sondland: "I know of no quid pro quo."
    Pelosi: "Schiff, charge him with perjury."
    Sondland: "Oh, you mean this quid pro quo..."
    People are getting an education on some basic stuff.

Like that there's no rules about what you can say to the public/press. You can lie your ass off, say whatever you want, particularly as a political figure since it basically puts you above defamation charges. And once you're under oath, you tell the truth, and then go give a press release denying that you said anything and that anyone claiming you said anything under oath is a lying liar who lies and eats farts.

Yes, this is crazypants stupid, but that's the state of things in the USA. Especially when you won't slap obstruction of justice charges on when this gets egregious enough.

https://www.axios.com/lindsey-graham...320738f78.html

"I've written the whole process off ... I think this is a bunch of B.S."
    Lindsey Graham isn't even pretending he gives a shit about this.

Republicans. Are. Not. Acting. In. Good. Faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lindsey Graham isn't even pretending he gives a shit about this.
    Oh, it's far worse.

He says nobody else does, either.

I will say I’m pretty sure how it’s likely to end. If it were today I don’t think there’s any question — it would not lead to a removal. So the question is how long does the Senate want to take? How long do the presidential candidates want to be here on the floor of the Senate instead of in Iowa and New Hampshire?
    By saying
    a) he would not even read the reports, and
    b) would vote for dismissal anyhow, and
    c) that everyone else feels the same

This is flat-out admission that Trump's 5th Ave shooting victim are the ethics of the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, it's far worse. He says nobody else does, either.

He is correct. The only people that care are people that are anti-Trump and look for anything, whether it is legitimate or not, to get Trump out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    He is correct. The only people that care are people that are anti-Trump and look for anything, whether it is legitimate or not, to get Trump out of office.
    Do you have anything of substance to add? Other than agreeing with the retard Trump humper that is Lindsey Graham?

It's weird that sondlan basically admitted to committing a more serious felony to get out of perjury. Just because the president ordered you to commit a felony, doesn't mean it's not a felony when you go and commit it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's weird that sondlan basically admitted to committing a more serious felony to get out of perjury.
    It makes sense, actually.

a) The Democrats might be open to a lesser sentence if he testifies.
    b) Trump won't pardon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It makes sense, actually.

a) The Democrats might be open to a lesser sentence if he testifies.
    b) Trump won't pardon him.
    AFAIK, there has been no offer of immunity. Perjury has a 5yr cap, bribery 15yr (and 3x the thing of value, aka 1.2billion).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Do you have anything of substance to add? Other than agreeing with the retard Trump humper that is Lindsey Graham?
    Of course I do. However, were I to do so you would just attack me as a conspiracy theorist. The majority of the anti-Trump folks on this board made up their minds about Trump long ago. Any defense of Trump, for anything, is considered nothing but alt-right, conspiracy talk.

Of course I do. However, were I to do so you would just attack me as a conspiracy theorist. The majority of the anti-Trump folks on this board made up their minds about Trump long ago. Any defense of Trump, for anything, is considered nothing but alt-right, conspiracy talk.
    There was no legitimate decision to be made in a rational mind regarding Trump. He's a human shitstain.

Tighten up.

Every single intelligent person on this planet and all potential alien civilizations have made up their minds about Trump long ago. They either oppose him or use him to their own benefit. But all of them agree, he is a gullible uneducated moron. Some see that as an opportunity, others as a problem.

But please, humor me. As a non-US citizen I'd love to hear what your take on the entire issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But please, humor me. As a non-US citizen I'd love to hear what your take on the entire issue is.
    Not in this thread. But for clarification, are you saying that you are not a US citizen or that I am not a US citizen? You wording is a bit ambiguous.

I made up my mind about Trump because he is literally racist human garbage. And yes, literally any defense of Trump right now is a fucking conspiracy theory. Trump should be out of office if he had any dignity or integrity. But he doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Not in this thread. But for clarification, are you saying that you are not a US citizen or that I am not a US citizen? You wording is a bit ambiguous.
    Judging by your posting you aren't a citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any defense of Trump, for anything, is considered nothing but alt-right, conspiracy talk.
    Because most of it is.

Take a look at the whistle blower for instance. You have Ran Paul spouting conspiracy nonsense shilling for Trump.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1191762656367169542

If you have anything to add defending Trump that is within the realm of reality then by all means present it. So far, most of the posts defending Trump have either been deflections or outright lies. The Democrats have been very meticulous to avoid any snags in this process so as to not give ammo to the Republicans. Because of that, as Lindsey Graham shows, the only thing the Republicans have left is to just not do their job. And the sad thing is that's all they have to do. As you've proven, it really only matters who Trump shoots and not that he shot anyone.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pointing out over and over again your confirmed conspiracy theories isn't attacking you, it's telling the truth - it's not our fault you continue to tout proven conspiracy theories. The majority of anti-Trump folks on this board continue to get daily confirmation that Trump is a lying con-man, who only cares about his crime family's riches. Any defense of Trump will get the same scrutiny as anything else on this board. If it has validity, we'll follow it. If it doesn't, we won't, and we'll ridicule it and it's shrillers for following lies.

Don't think for a moment that people here are as intellectually dishonest as yourself. I have personally praised Trump at least three times I can recall right now, and/or given credit where credit is due for something he's done, and/or defended a statement by him when attacked by others. Just because you don't care about facts and objectivity doesn't mean the rest of us don't. We care, and we diligently point to it day in and day out. It's just facts and objectivity don't work out well for Trump and his cult followers.

The Impeachment process is merely highlighting the Trumpkins tendency to eschew facts and swim in dangerously subjective waters. Graham essentially saying "doesn't matter what the Dems find/prove, we're voting not to Convict" before he even sees any evidence is a quintessential example of that mind set. We're seeing over and over again highly objective evidence and testimony that Trump violated the law. And the GOP continues to defend and deflect (and now not even defending) and attack the people who are testifying, instead of sitting down and having an honest conversation with themselves.
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-11-05 at 11:10 PM.

Sorry for that. I'm nor a US citizen. And fair enough.