Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warmode should be able to be toggled on/off in an inn...

Seriously, I mean I was getting camped which I had no problem with on my Kul Tiran called Randymarsh and this rogue and Druid camped me and /spit on me. In the inn I clicked it off thinking I could turn it back on but now I have to fly to Stormwind to get muh 20% exp.

Because they dont want you to finish all the quests in a hub with warmode off, then go to the inn, reap the exp, and then turn it back off.

Its inconvenient for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it how it is. The only change I would considered is making it so that you can change it at the current expansions main city hub. Outside of that I don't mind. I always say this to people.

You want that bonus experience? Be ready to be ganked.

You want a uninterrupted leveling experience? Keep that shit off.

I love 20% exp as much as the next guy, but if I get ganked twice in a row by a higher level then I turn it off. 20% won't make much of a difference if I'm being camped. Plus it's just that ease of mind feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Seriously, I mean I was getting camped which I had no problem with on my Kul Tiran called Randymarsh and this rogue and Druid camped me and /spit on me. In the inn I clicked it off thinking I could turn it back on but now I have to fly to Stormwind to get muh 20% exp.
    They actually did mention why they do not want people to turn it off inside an inn. Although I do think they should have made it so that any cities are allowed rather than just Stormwind.

Imo Warmode should have a 7 days cooldown. If you turn it on, you're stuck with it for a week. It is vital for players to understand that when a brawl emerges, their only solution is to fight and bring friends rather than hearting and turning warmode off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    They actually did mention why they do not want people to turn it off inside an inn. Although I do think they should have made it so that any cities are allowed rather than just Stormwind.
    I thought this at first as well, but really in practice its like 15 sec to port to SW, turn on/off, port back to main city. Same same with the horde side.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Because they dont want you to finish all the quests in a hub with warmode off, then go to the inn, reap the exp, and then turn it back off.

Its inconvenient for a reason.
    Yep. Plus capitals aren't hard to get to.
    -up to 3 guild cloaks on separate cds
    -30 min cd brawler ring
    -portals from zuldazar/boralus
    -portal from dalaran hearthstone
    -might as well set your hearthstone there while you're at it.

Or put it at the inn you were previously wanting to swap out at to get back quickly.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-05 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Imo Warmode should have a 7 days cooldown. If you turn it on, you're stuck with it for a week. It is vital for players to understand that when a brawl emerges, their only solution is to fight and bring friends rather than hearting and turning warmode off.
    I would actually support this, but in reality it would literally kill whatever wpvp we have now cuz Alliance are pathetic hand-out whores.
    The warmode buff hasn't been below 20% for them in EU since 8.2 released.
    You can imagine how much they would participate in a weekly lock-in/out system.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe 5 years ago that would work but nowadays no one wants to deal with pvp unless they're pvp'ers. 9 times out of 10 and plea for help in general gets you laughed at and told to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    -30 min cd brawler ring
    -might as well set your hearthstone there while you're at it
    And even Jaina's locket.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    -30 min cd brawler ring
    -might as well set your hearthstone there while you're at it
    It's still not worth the time to port in and out and then walk back to turn in a set of 3-4-5 quests every single time. Not even with flying.

So either this or Blizzard would literally have to purposefully not put rested areas anywhere but the main hub of the expac. Which would basically be the exact same thing we have now, so there is no need for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    And even Jaina's locket.
    If we're including obscure stuff, pretty sure the old and new dalarans have a ring that teleports you there on separate cds (with portals to stormwind/org) and boralus/zuldazar also have a ring that costs a bunch of honorbound WF tokens.

...and getting a mage to make you a portal. There, I think that's finally everything.

Oh and walking. If you're some kind of sadist. XD
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-05 at 09:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with people turning it off anywhere, though doing so outside of a capital should result in a deserter-style debuff that prevents the player from reactivating War Mode for a certain period of time.

"Fugitive: You are attempting to flee from the opposing faction, and may not activate War Mode. Duration: 24 hours" or something.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2019-11-05 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrossive View Post
    Maybe 5 years ago that would work but nowadays no one wants to deal with pvp unless they're pvp'ers. 9 times out of 10 and plea for help in general gets you laughed at and told to go somewhere else.
    Then keep Warmode off...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I would actually support this, but in reality it would literally kill whatever wpvp we have now cuz Alliance are pathetic hand-out whores.
    The warmode buff hasn't been below 20% for them in EU since 8.2 released.
    You can imagine how much they would participate in a weekly lock-in/out system.
    I dont understand the issue in what you're saying. What does "Alliance are pathetic hand-out whores" mean? Does it mean they they keep killing hordes or that they never want to fight the horde?

The only time that annoys me having to turn wm on/off is when my friends and i are going m+ and different warmodes to help summon. Basically they need to wait someone to go there to summon or don't bother summoning anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random question: When your WM is turned off, is the horde you see also those who have it off on their end?

I mean, do you only see those that have the same option as you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much benefit in Warmode to let you turn it on in any rested area - you can of course turn it off if you feel you are not able to progress with Warmode on due to opposing faction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Random question: When your WM is turned off, is the horde you see also those who have it off on their end?

I mean, do you only see those that have the same option as you do?
    I think because my friends disappeared but I was only like 5 minutes around before work. I find getting camped funny especially as a Kul Tiran.

Then keep Warmode off...

- - - Updated - - -

I dont understand the issue in what you're saying. What does "Alliance are pathetic hand-out whores" mean? Does it mean they they keep killing hordes or that they never want to fight the horde?
    I'm referring to the fact that Alliance refused to use warmode until they got a free item for it.
    And they still only turn it on for that anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    I like it how it is. The only change I would considered is making it so that you can change it at the current expansions main city hub. Outside of that I don't mind. I always say this to people.

You want that bonus experience? Be ready to be ganked.

You want a uninterrupted leveling experience? Keep that shit off.

I love 20% exp as much as the next guy, but if I get ganked twice in a row by a higher level then I turn it off. 20% won't make much of a difference if I'm being camped. Plus it's just that ease of mind feeling.
    Figure it this way. If you're on a mid-high pop server with wm on, the time lost due to getting ganked isn't worth that bonus exp. Cause you're constantly getting farmed. Thus prohibiting you from questing smoothly to reap said exp bonus. My thoughts: high to mid pop, keep that shit off. Low pop, go for it.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.