Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd imagine we might see random npcs shout "YOU!!!" or something. It probably won't make sense no matter what they do. I just hope the story doesn't try to take itself too seriously. That would make it all better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Its up for debate when it happened, all we know is that the earliest could have been after Edge of Night. Either way, Kael was before, as well as all the souls freed from Frostmourne like Uther.
    I'd say just before Legion. It wouldn't make sense for the whispers to come to Vol'jin so far after their plan had begun. Though why Sylvanas didn't orchestrate to become warchief above Vol'jin is yet to be seen. Yes she needed the opportunity, but that kind of thing can be artificially induced.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2019-11-07 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    If Kael'thas is redeemable, most of the minor villains we've killed will most likely not be in the Maw, unless they have died recently.
    this is what i don't get.

kael'thas was nearly a demon by the time he died, and did all of this willingly. yet he gets to go be redeemed, while arthas is in the maw? that's not right.

arthas surely wasn't a great guy by the end, but he had good intentions. kael didn't have good intentions by the end, he wanted to serve the force trying to end reality.

also, garrosh better not be in the maw either. he should be, at the absolute most, in the redemption place. but i could see him being in maldraxxus instead.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

kael'thas was nearly a demon by the time he died, and did all of this willingly. yet he gets to go be redeemed, while arthas is in the maw? that's not right.

arthas surely wasn't a great guy by the end, but he had good intentions. kael didn't have good intentions by the end, he wanted to serve the force trying to end reality.
    I am certain it's because of Arthas' tie to the Lich King being the biggest sin itself rather than what he did with the power. They're trying to pin the Lich King as something bigger than he ever was actually intended.

This is even more obvious because Arthas had his soul stolen and his personality changed. It reverted back with Frostmorne's destruction. The more you look into it the bigger the holes get. I agree. Kael should be in the Maw if Arthas is.

also, garrosh better not be in the maw either. he should be, at the absolute most, in the redemption place. but i could see him being in maldraxxus instead.
    Garrosh could also have been resurrected by the Lightbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I guess the horde gets a free pass here, all our enemies' souls went to bwonsamdi for the deal after all.

I wonder, did Sylvanas know about that?
    You actually never finish the ritual to seal the deal because the blood trolls interrupt before Bwonsamdi is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Maw is for the worst souls, like the very worst. an average Defias Bandit probably isn't going to the Maw.
    If they died in the last few years, then they're there. Everyone is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I am certain it's because of Arthas' tie to the Lich King being the biggest sin itself rather than what he did with the power. They're trying to pin the Lich King as something bigger than he ever was actually intended.

This is even more obvious because Arthas had his soul stolen and his personality changed. It reverted back with Frostmorne's destruction. The more you look into it the bigger the holes get. I agree. Kael should be in the Maw if Arthas is.
    The only explanation is Arthas being held liable for things he did while a member of the Scourge - even though he lost his soul by then.

Everything Arthas did prior to losing his soul falls short of Kael in BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If they died in the last few years, then they're there. Everyone is.
    Lorewise, Defias haven't really been a nuisance in the past few years though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    The only explanation is Arthas being held liable for things he did while a member of the Scourge - even though he lost his soul by then.

I think Stratholme and what he did in Northrend still counts to that(Strathlome may of been morally grey but he went through it in such a callous manner and while it was fun to watch, still messed up). "You lied to your men, lied to the mercenaries who fought for you, whats happening to you Arthas? Is Vengeance all thats important to you."

His soul might of been taken but he did do questionable things before his soul was taken. I suppose in theory he might of been to revendrath possibly but he never repented. I dunno for sure though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Aside for Stratholme, Arthas pales in comparison to Kael when taking free will into the equation. Yes, the Blood Elves were starved of the Sunwell, but it was very possible to continue on without it. The High Elves did.

I suppose in theory he might of been to revendrath possibly but he never repented. I dunno for sure though.
    Yeah I can see that. Arthas either went to Revendrath and was still an asshole refusing to repent or he might have even chosen to go to the Maw. Either way, there has to be an explanation as to why.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2019-11-07 at 02:36 AM.

Garrosh could also have been resurrected by the Lightbound.
    might be a bit too late for resurrection by that time.

it'd been what, 35ish years? i know we resurrected trollbane as a dk, but that's a bit different than a miracle of the light.

might be a bit too late for resurrection by that time.

it'd been what, 35ish years? i know we resurrected trollbane as a dk, but that's a bit different than a miracle of the light.
    If he was resurrected, we don't know when it happened. Could've been right after we left and we don't know how this kind of resurrection works.

Don't think about it too much, Blizzard doesn't either.

It's the way to go since WoD.
    Ah yes... because the lore made so much sense in WoW since vanilla... it is always all over the place. That is the problem with MMOs without strong single player narrative.

SWOTOR kinda did it good... but that made i feel like NOT a real MMO.

I think Stratholme and what he did in Northrend still counts to that(Strathlome may of been morally grey but he went through it in such a callous manner and while it was fun to watch, still messed up). "You lied to your men, lied to the mercenaries who fought for you, whats happening to you Arthas? Is Vengeance all thats important to you."

His soul might of been taken but he did do questionable things before his soul was taken. I suppose in theory he might of been to revendrath possibly but he never repented. I dunno for sure though.
    Yeah, but Stratholme and murdering the mercenaries isn't exactly "irredeemable soul" material. Kael kidnapped a Naaru, slaughtered Draenei in capturing TK, betrayed his allies & his people to the Legion, practically assaulted Silvermoon to steal back the Naaru, had agents sabotage the Exodar causing its crash, and attempted to destroy the world.

If he's redeemable, everything Arthas did while he was still Arthas would be too. Either:

1. He's being held accountable for DK Arthas/The Lich King's actions;
    2. The Arbiter or Jailer took specific interest in him;
    3. Something about the Frozen Throne, Helm of Domination, Frostmourne, Icecrown, etc. is so deeply connected to the Maw that his soul went there regardless;
    4. Any Scourge/former-Scourge/undead is condemned to the Maw at death.

That's my speculation, at least.

Hmm... people with the bloodthirsty title might be in for a reconning.

It sounds like it will be sweet and could be like Dante’s inferno but I am sure blizzard will fumble the ball and make it really disappointing

You actually never finish the ritual to seal the deal because the blood trolls interrupt before Bwonsamdi is done.
    I didn't take it that way. Bwonsamdi still goes on to join you, I very much doubt out of the good of his heart. Don't you also get the blessing from the ritual?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Do Murlocs have souls? I admit I am bit worried...

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I didn't take it that way. Bwonsamdi still goes on to join you, I very much doubt out of the good of his heart. Don't you also get the blessing from the ritual?
    Going back through the quest text, he does dismiss the incomplete ritual as a formality and mentions the price still needing to be paid. You might be right.

Although, he mentions different souls being worth different amounts, so if G'huun + N'zoth + their servants might meet his quota.

Going back through the quest text, he does dismiss the incomplete ritual as a formality and mentions the price still needing to be paid. You might be right.

Although, he mentions different souls being worth different amounts, so if G'huun + N'zoth + their servants might meet his quota.
    The blood troll genocide I did the last couple days should probably pay off that debt alone. There is also the various Loa, did he claim them? Not quite sure what happened with Rezhan and co. The only one smart enough to be reborn was the turtle Loa.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

There are also world quests that say your need to work off your million soul debt to Bwonsamdi by killing/leading souls to him