Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    With a profile pic of a panda, I question OP's edginess.

Also, don't think that's gonna stop lots of Blood Elf characters from having it. It's as flamboyant as that race is.
    ...you question a weeb's edginess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Wouldn't carrying them around in your hands defeat the purpose?
    Sometimes they get tired, okay? Clinging on to a monk or a death knight probably takes a lot out of 'em.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's because a large part of the wow playerbase thinks being masculine means you need to be an ugly hunchback with teeth and anger management issues.
    Or a skimpy-mog'd woman with the biggest weapons ever.

Well, that's fragile. Those aren't just butterfly wings, those are two whole butterflies. Even if they were, let people have fun.

I really hardly see Blood Elf males actually dressed effeminately in-game, not like that would be a problem anyway. So I'm not sure why people are so concerned with how other people transmog.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Seriously? Effeminate? A dude with broad shoulders and chest, strong looking arms is effeminate?
    Who twirls when jumping and squints and scrunches his nose then shakes his head? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Who twirls when jumping and squints and scrunches his nose then shakes his head? Yes.
    I mean, that's not really effeminate. That's just supposed to be posh or holier-than-thou, like they're too good to be around everyone else they're around. Y'know, like in every fantasy IP, since they're elves. The twirl isn't really effeminate as far as I'm concerned either. It always reminded me more of parkour

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    So why is there a Moth in every Mother?
    My god, we better get Mulder and Scully in here!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhuman View Post
    Block male blood elves from doing this Blizzard please...

Uh...why? /10 char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I mean, that's not really effeminate. That's just supposed to be posh or holier-than-thou, like they're too good to be around everyone else they're around. Y'know, like in every fantasy IP, since they're elves. The twirl isn't really effeminate as far as I'm concerned either. It always reminded me more of parkour
    Some people in this thread would argue that hugely talented and extremely athletic male ballet dancers are effeminate because they jump and twirl. Or that male nurses are inherently effeminate because nursing is associated with being women's work.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account

their not butterfly wings.
    they are a pair of moths sitting on your shoulders.
    notice the furry backs, and large fluffy antenna.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to dictate how other people play and enjoy the game is top of the list on how this community has gotten so toxic.

Even the "its just a joke bro" is fucked up

15+ Year Old Account

I dont think a Pandaren had any rights to dictate what other races can and cant use.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

This is where we have to agree to disagree since Blizzard is never going to address this officially in anyway to confirm one way or the other whether they meant to make male blood elves effeminate or if it's just something the community came up with. lol

This is where we have to agree to disagree since Blizzard is never going to address this officially in anyway to confirm one way or the other whether they meant to make male blood elves effeminate or if it's just something the community came up with. lol
    It also just, y'know, doesn't really matter at all if they're posh, effeminate, or both.

If they meant to, they failed. Blood Elves look normal. It's the humans that go to far the other direction. Except for BfAs new slim model, they all look like they spend more time in a gym than outside one, while the Kul Tirans are benchpressing the entire building. And using the free hand to hold their protein shake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Some people in this thread would argue that hugely talented and extremely athletic male ballet dancers are effeminate because they jump and twirl. Or that male nurses are inherently effeminate because nursing is associated with being women's work.
    Yeah I feel like a lot of posters on MMO-C have no concept of what masculine and feminine mean in the end.

I've met guys that act like Blood Elf males because they're just arrogant, and I've met ladies that act like Orcs. It's all just a social construct.

It also just, y'know, doesn't really matter at all if they're posh, effeminate, or both.
    Oh I know, the butterfly wings on blood elves is just a running gag built on the long-running community joke that believes Blizzard has portrayed blood elves as effeminate.

Oh I know, the butterfly wings on blood elves is just a running gag built on the long-running community joke that believes Blizzard has portrayed blood elves as effeminate.
    Yeah, I just find it annoying that people think that anything pretty = effeminate = bad on this forum.

I also don't really see what other people are seeing, I guess. Those aren't just wings, those are two entire moths. You can see their antennae, fuzzy backs, and several wings per shoulder. So I have the mindset that it's just more natural/druidic, rather than "just pretty" like the OP.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Why not ? They'd be cute :P
    5'11 tranny, proud of it, but NOT an sjw.
    Margot Robbie = GOALS

Yeah, I just find it annoying that people think that anything pretty = effeminate = bad on this forum.

I also don't really see what other people are seeing, I guess. Those aren't just wings, those are two entire moths. You can see their antennae, fuzzy backs, and several wings per shoulder. So I have the mindset that it's just more natural/druidic, rather than "just pretty" like the OP.
    At first glance they do look like butterfly wings on a harness. If anything, I think they'd look better on night elves or void elves thematically, anyway. The color clashes with the brighter, more vibrant blood elf aesthetics.