Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Chromie's dragon kind?

My boyfriend and I were just talking about this and we're stumped about this bit of knowledge. First off, we feel Chromie is the ONLY good ALIVE gnome in the game. We don't think its ever been address but want to know what clan of dragon is Chromie? I was thinking she might be a Bronze Dragonflight since she's a time traveler but I don't know. Bonus points to anyone who can provide what she looks like in dragon form too!

bronze, you see her dragon form in the culling of stratholme.

also, her name is time-based. any dragon with a time-based name will be bronze. any dragon doing time-related stuff will be bronze, too. they're the masters of it, nightborne are the only other race to have managed to gain some mastery of it.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-11-10 at 02:54 AM.

How could you not be sure she is a bronze dragon?

Literally anything involving Chromie has been time travel so how did this even become a question???
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    you see Chromie in dragon form in the Culling of Stratholme, but its just a basic bronze dragon.

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone else said, you see her in Culling of Stratholme in dragon form.

During WOD she also helped you fight the spirit of Kairoz.

I don't believe she has a unique dragon form at this time. Just the standard bronze wyrm model.

Edit: Yeah, the one shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I don't believe she has a unique dragon form at this time. Just the standard bronze wyrm model.
    Or bronze whelp, or bronze drake, depending on the quest. Because time travel is delightfully non-linear.

Ya she just picked the Gnome model because she liked it and she is Bronze. Dragons just use magic to create their humanoid form. She first showed up in Vanilla WoW offering quests to clean up the timewaves the scourge were attempting to alter it somehow with parasitic timeworms(or something). She got more spot light in Wrath with Dragonblight and culling of stratholme. Players liked her so she has been showing up ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    My boyfriend and I were just talking about this and we're stumped about this bit of knowledge. First off, we feel Chromie is the ONLY good ALIVE gnome in the game. We don't think its ever been address but want to know what clan of dragon is Chromie? I was thinking she might be a Bronze Dragonflight since she's a time traveler but I don't know. Bonus points to anyone who can provide what she looks like in dragon form too!
    Chronormu is a female bronze dragon often involved with mortal affairs. As one of the most important members of the bronze dragonflight, she seeks to maintain and restore various timelines of importance in Azeroth's recent history.
    Chronormu's preferred guise when dealing with mortals is Chromie, a charismatic female gnome.

Not to ignore that her dragon form has a male name going by naming conventions dragons use. So it is possible Chromie in natural form is male, but prefers a female form. But I think she prefers it due to being cute more then anything.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Not to ignore that her dragon form has a male name going by naming conventions dragons use. So it is possible Chromie in natural form is male, but prefers a female form. But I think she prefers it due to being cute more then anything.
    Chromie is the most devious trap alive.

Is this a serious question?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How could you not be sure she is a bronze dragon?
    This. Its has always been known.

Blizzard has said that they made a mistake with the name. They simply forgot the naming conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This. Its has always been known.
    Because it's a thread made for the sake of just making a new thread.
    All it requires is to type: 'Chromie wow' in the browser and open Wowpedia page. There's not only the info OP seek, but also much more you can learn about the lore.

But for some, the idea of creating a new thread to shine is too tempting to go the easier way.

7+ Year Old Account
    She's a bronze dragon.

Like, how on earth is that even a question?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    All this discussion with your boyfriend about it and you guys couldn't have done a Google search or Wowpedia.org search?

Apart from the very, very obvious signs that she is a bronze dragon... she's in fact a bronze dragon.

Worst part his how they changed Chromie to a female. Chromie was a dude pretending to be a female Gnome. They changed that when people got upset.

- - - Updated - - -

The old WoW magazine had an issue about the Dragonflights and it mentioned this. Blizz retconned Chromie to being a female dragon with a male name due to some outrage over Chromie actually being a due playing a female Gnome. The irony is thick.

HoTs.

I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined