Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out! This is really a Problem. I don't know if I still can have fun in the next xpac if that one multiboxer on my server is ahead of me in thorgast.

Beside from that if someone can multibox a healer, a tank and 3 dps with it's rota I'm oke with them going Thorgast.
    There's literally no evidence a multiboxer would have a strategic advantage over non multiboxers. We're at speculation stage which is grossly inflated by people thinking multiboxing provides some extra advantage beyond synchronised CD usage.

In order to do what the people bitching about to get done would require serious scripting. Something tells me scripting that allows toons to move on their own perform action without the player is against the TOS i.e. pressing a button and toons scatter on their own to get out of fire then perform another action and so on. Those accounts doing this would get caught within days and banned for life. Doubt anything like this will happen unless someone wants to do it for bragging rights just before he loses everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Multiboxing is surprisingly technical. Don’t knock it till ya tried it. If ya kill the leader, they are as good as dead.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not automation. It’s a input, from the user, being sent to each window. 1input = 1 action just being sent to other windows.

Botting is where you sent one input to run a string of commands. 1input = multiple actions, movement, etc. multiboxing doesn’t do any of this.

The software used is not classified as
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Read my reply above.

It really depends on what program the MB user is using.

Blizzard can always ban certain MB programs if they wanted to.
    They can, and they -should- ban everyone who multiboxes - unless theyre not using any programs or helping aids to do it, so theyd still need several mice, monitors, keyboards at the very least.
    Anything else is automating the process at some level.

au·to·mat·ic
    /ˌôdəˈmadik/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    (of a device or process) working by itself with little or no direct human control.
    >little or no
    so, some - not a lot.

Dont you have some money to throw at blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Multiboxing should be punished by 3/6/perma bans.

Unless they can prove they physicall use 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 1 monitor for each and every char without any form of automation.
    Pretty sure lots can who do it with 2-4 characters. With macros its not that bad. I do it with 2 toons on classic with a pc for each account along with 2 g510s keyboards and 2 programmable mice.

They can, and they -should- ban everyone who multiboxes - unless theyre not using any programs or helping aids to do it, so theyd still need several mice, monitors, keyboards at the very least.

>little or no
    so, some - not a lot.

Dont you have some money to throw at blizzard?
    Little or no to keep it going on it’s own, hence working by itself. You have to manually, each time, press single input to get a single output in each window.

You do know that there are people multibox with just one computer and one mouse, right? and they don't need external programs to do it as well?

The people that have 5 identical characters cast the same spell at the same time use a sync program.
    But people that play more than one account at the same time are not obliged to use that program, unless they require the sync between chars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Pretty sure lots can who do it with 2-4 characters. With macros its not that bad. I do it with 2 toons on classic with a pc for each account along with 2 g510s keyboards and 2 programmable mice.
    Yep. He just doesn't understand how multiboxing works. You can even multibox with just one mouse and computer and no extra program.

torghast is basically endless dungeon, if multiboxers can't do regular dungeons, i don't think they will be able to do this one

Just keep in mind that the multiboxers can only press one button at a time.
    Its hard to heal effectively and tank at the same time...

I doubt they will scale Torghast to 5 DPS.

Multiboxing is only good for farming easy content.

Multiboxers are dead weight in anything remotely challenging. They're controlling all five characters at once, so they have to move them all out of bad stuff on the ground that is just under one of them. That's a substantial group dps loss especially if they are all balance druids (the most commonly multiboxed spec). They all use their cooldowns at the same time, including things like typhoon and leg sweep that would be more optimal not stacked. They also do low damage due to frame rate and lag from running 2 or more clients at once.

If you die to a multiboxer in pvp, you made a mistake. Yes, there are exceptions like being jumped from stealth, but generally it's all on you due to how easily exploitable they are once you know how they work.
    Last edited by Danvash; 2019-11-07 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Little or no to keep it going on it’s own, hence working by itself. You have to manually, each time, press single input to get a single output in each window.
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    You do know that there are people multibox with just one computer and one mouse, right? and they don't need external programs to do it as well?

The people that have 5 identical characters cast the same spell at the same time use a sync program.
    But people that play more than one account at the same time are not obliged to use that program, unless they require the sync between chars.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. He just doesn't understand how multiboxing works. You can even multibox with just one mouse and computer and no extra program.
    Its you that dont understand that youre automating what would be a manual action, that you would be much slower at/out of sync/unable to do, or need hardware to link the parts physically together, if not for a program that duplicates the keystrokes for you.

As in, you have software doing the heavy work for you.

What is that called again?, oh right..

Your arguement is like EA's stance on lootboxes.

Its you that dont understand that youre automating what would be a manual action, that you would be much slower at/out of sync/unable to do, or need hardware to link the parts physically together, if not for a program that duplicates the keystrokes for you.

As in, you have software doing the heavy work for you.

What is that called again?, oh right..

Your arguement is like EA's stance on lootboxes.
    Oof. The irony in this post

Multiboxing someting like what Torghast was made out to be should be quite the nightmare. Every toon will get their own different buffs, which may or may not synergize...

If it's boxable, I just hope it isn't exponentially more profitable to box than to do it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Multiboxing someting like what Torghast was made out to be should be quite the nightmare. Every toon will get their own different buffs, which may or may not synergize...

If it's boxable, I just hope it isn't exponentially more profitable to box than to do it regularly.
    I could see it working out just fine.