Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Ever since I found out that one of the lead writers has a body pillow of her and wrote himself into the story as Nathanos I lost interest. : /
    Pretty much this, she gets special plot armor because of Steve Danuser. Knowing this kinda makes the story suck, because you know that she gets to get away with everything. Like having god-mode in a game. While other characters development suffer from it. Other characters and races could be getting more spotlight attention, but get tossed aside so Danuser could shove Sylvanans in front again. Then of course we learned of all the retcons at blizzcon. Now the story isn't worth following or even buying the books since they keep throwing around retcons.
    Look at it this way, Sylvannas is blizzards Greta Thunberg.....
    Last edited by tripleh; 2019-11-11 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    At this point I'm convinced the writers are trying to write an anime but don't realize that it doesn't work in the Warcraft setting.

Sylvanas gets absurd power boosts and shoots beam attacks. She's a skinny elf that can easily block Saurfang's attacks. She has to constantly keep getting into battles show they can show off how "cool" she is. Older character is destroyed by her to show how much better she is.

It's anime as fuck. If you still don't believe me then go look at the spoiler cutscene for N'zoth's defeat. That's 100% anime. All we're missing now is for Anduin to go Super Saiyan and have a beam struggle with Sylvanas.
    bro don't give them any ideas

they might do just that.

Considering this is her last expansion at least of a while, not at all.

While we're at it, the writing is good, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I been bored of her since she was introduced in Warcraft 3 as some knock off Kerrigan, although with that said considering I have always hated her it seems there are people on this forum more butt hurt than I am :P

I can only assume this is people taking this game way too seriously lol.

I am just biding my time until we kill her. It's Joffrey Baratheon syndrome at this point lol. So the more Blizzard make me hate her the more satisfying her death will be.

Unless Blizzard make her redeemed and become a space angel then that'd be just silly :P
    Watch her become Kerrigan 2.0 (again). lol

7+ Year Old Account
    She's the most interesting character in the last couple of Expansions, so, no. But they could write her story better, make somethings more clear to tell a cohesive narrative or add things where it needs to be, and don't add things for the sake of it. In fact they need to use her more, when she is the centerpoint of this narrative with her goals and motivations being the driving force of the current story these things need to be explained and expressed to those perceiving the story or all that you do will have a moot point, no matter the spectacle or significance

She is definitely a better bridge between expansions then Gul'dans Timey Whimey legion Adventures

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

My attitude towards Sylvanas has always been 'meh', and it will continue to be moving forwards.
    Here is something to believe in!

nope

and there isnt a major character in modern wow that I even enjoy besides Sylvanas and Wrathion

I mean if not Sylvanas and her schemes - who am I supposed to find interesting ? Anduin and his harem/yes-men ? the Horde "council" ? Malfurion ? all literal garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    nope

and there isnt a major character in modern wow that I even enjoy besides Sylvanas and Wrathion

I mean if not Sylvanas and her schemes - who am I supposed to find interesting ? Anduin and his harem/yes-men ? the Horde "council" ? Malfurion ? all literal garbage
    You should find interesting news about Danuser being fired and actual writers hired to write anything aside from waifu power fantasy fanfiction and then all other characters will finally stop being written as an afterthought or side characters and be more interesting. You basically allowed yourself to be herded into juuust the mindset hacks like to use - they make ALL characters aside from their favorite suck so you gravitate towards the desired character.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    You should find interesting news about Danuser being fired and actual writers hired to write anything aside from waifu power fantasy fanfiction and then all other characters will finally stop being written as an afterthought or side characters and be more interesting. You basically allowed yourself to be herded into juuust the mindset hacks like to use - they make ALL characters aside from their favorite suck so you gravitate towards the desired character.
    or maybe those characters jsut suck naturally lol

they managed Wrathion, but that was it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Ever since I found out that one of the lead writers has a body pillow of her and wrote himself into the story as Nathanos I lost interest.

It also doesn't help that the only people I know who support her either want to fuck her or like her because she makes other fans angry, I haven't concluded which is more sad. : /
    i knew about the other things, but a body pillow? wheres this from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Am I bored with her in the context of BfA?
    Yep.

Can I be bored with her in the context of Shadowlands? No, duh, because I don't know where the story takes her yet.
    And I'm not a Negative Nancy, I'll experience something before deciding whether I like it or not. So my mind's open as to what story comes.
    you must be a damn unicorn. over here we always judge before we play an expansion and complain about the sky falling constantly!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    or maybe those characters jsut suck naturally lol

they managed Wrathion, but that was it
    Not really, its just writers who are hacks.

This is probably her last expansion. Not much else she can do really.

And I'm not really tired of her, I don't like her though, she's clearly evil but not in the way I like.

Varian and Jaina have been on the forefront for ages aswell, it's just that Sylvanas is getting more cinematics, that's why it seems like shes around for long. (yeah I know she's been a character since wc3, but until Legion she was more or less in the background.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    The character has been a vehicle for the politicized feminist social justice movement agenda that permeates the entertainment industry the last several years. All to the detriment of the integrity of the story. It's not like Warcraft has been a pinnacle of good story telling to begin with, but how they handled this character still did some damage. She gets away with everything without consequences, doesn't break a sweat fighting a massive orc or the biggest badass of Warcraft lore because you can't have women appear weak nowadays. That would be submitting to the patriarchy. The "She got powers from X though" argument is a convenient excuse to allow her to do all the crazy inexplicable shit she's getting away with.
    Lol, I disagree. Because if anything, the SL cinematic proves how insane she is. And you can't really portray a feminist character as crazy, unless you're trying to attack feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    A little? No, not really. A huge fuckton? For sure. And that's coming from someone who liked her a lot, all the way since W3 to about mid-Legion/BfA. But the way they're making her to be literally the most powerful character in history of WoW, completely invincible...yeah, boring.
    She became this powerful without earning it is my issue.

In WoW power always has come at a cost, whether it was Arthas, Illidan, fel Orcs, etc. With her she's just invincible and gave up nothing to become that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw the Shadowlands intro cinematic and Sylvanas started speaking I immediately thought "great, another Sylvanas expansion, here we go again"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Calling it, he "heroically" sacrifices himself to save her from a totally deserved demise or whatever.
    right before pointing at baine through a time space portal and calling him "idiot!" one last time.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Given that she's done nothing but fail in BFA except in a nebulous plan that makes her the servant of some guy who's presence was only ever alluded to in stray bits of BFA, I'm going to say both yes and no. Yes, because she's spent the last two years as a crappy plot device. No, because with actual focus on her character as more than a prop to push the worst expansion story thus far she might actually be decent. Not going to count on it though.

@CreatureLives

Sylvanas barely did anything in BFA except twirl her mustache and, with the exception of Teldrassil, engage in things completely tangential to what her plan turned out to be. She was dwarfed in screen time by Saurfang and Jaina and had likely less in total than Baine.
    You have over 6000 posts and hopefully they are not all of this quality. Saying Sylv did nothing this expansion is akin to saying nothing happened this expansion. When Goku went to Namek did he do nothing. Thats the exact parallel to your point. She might not be a good guy but shes probably going to be an anti-hero in the final context.

Quote Originally Posted by Biochem92 View Post
    You have over 6000 posts and hopefully they are not all of this quality. Saying Sylv did nothing this expansion is akin to saying nothing happened this expansion. When Goku went to Namek did he do nothing. Thats the exact parallel to your point. She might not be a good guy but shes probably going to be an anti-hero in the final context.
    How is siding with the most evil thing in the Shadowlands make her an anti-hero?

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    The character has been a vehicle for the politicized feminist social justice movement agenda that permeates the entertainment industry the last several years. All to the detriment of the integrity of the story. It's not like Warcraft has been a pinnacle of good story telling to begin with, but how they handled this character still did some damage. She gets away with everything without consequences, doesn't break a sweat fighting a massive orc or the biggest badass of Warcraft lore because you can't have women appear weak nowadays. That would be submitting to the patriarchy. The "She got powers from X though" argument is a convenient excuse to allow her to do all the crazy inexplicable shit she's getting away with.
    Well... no? Sylvanas is definitely not "feminist" or part of some agenda. She has never been anything but what she is right now with the exception of the time Arthas had control over her. Oh and that time when she died in a short story. And TFT is basically a relic now.

I admit that I liked Sylvanas in TFT as she had that cool "evil rebel vs evil overlord" vibe that led to the birth of the Forsaken. I understood her struggles and twisted morality in vanilla, BC and Wrath. After that? She just became a fan favourite villain, starting with her stupid war on Gilneas. It is as had been said before... she got away with everything despite the fact that it was so stupidly illogical... using the Blight without enfuriating the Red Dragons (who just burned it down before at Wrathgate as it was anathema to them), killing the Living in Andorhal despite the Argent Crusade/Tirion being literally at her doorstep, basically enslaving Koltira in front of the Horde player... and it only gets worse after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's drop the real-world/identity politics discussion and return to the topic at hand. This is not the place for political discussions.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    She became this powerful without earning it is my issue.

In WoW power always has come at a cost, whether it was Arthas, Illidan, fel Orcs, etc. With her she's just invincible and gave up nothing to become that way.
    But you have no issue with Alliance characters becoming overpowered for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How is siding with the most evil thing in the Shadowlands make her an anti-hero?
    I thought it was obvious but maybe it isnt, If Slyv has a redemption arc, it will be here betraying the jailor as a trusted ally. If not shes just a straight up villain.