Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I have a horrible feeling it will be WoD Draka and we'll be forced to see more Geya'rah.
    It's the Draka from our timeline, not Draenor which is in Shadowlands afaik.
    So the mother of Thrall, not the mother of Geya'rah.

Believe it was touched upon by Bellular or Nobbel in one of their videos regarding the new lore of the different zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    He just literally came back.
    doesn't mean he didn't peak already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I have a horrible feeling it will be WoD Draka and we'll be forced to see more Geya'rah.
    THey confirmed is our Drake, the one we have never actually interacted with

I don't think so. I don't think they know what to do with him. They don't want to kill him off because he's literally the only Orc left in the whole game and story that matters since they spent the last 15 years killing off every Orc character that matters in lore. In some cases, they brought them back just to kill them again. At the same time, since Chris Metzen retired, and he is the voice of Thrall, Blizz doesn't seem interested in giving him an important role since they have to depend on him on coming in and doing voice over lines.

Shadowlands is only for our reality, the alternate Draenor reality has its own Shadowlands, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Question where does Thrall belong in all of this?
    Back in Outland, plowing his fields and his wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Shadowlands is only for our reality, the alternate Draenor reality has its own Shadowlands, right?
    Unless the Shadowlands are like the Twisting Nether and are an infinite spanning fixed point across all realities and timelines. But then we'd get into the mess of "what if multiple souls of X character end up in the Shadowlands at the same time?"
    Last edited by Nero Duskwind; 2019-11-11 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Unless the Shadowlands are like the Twisting Nether and are an infinite spanning fixed point across all realities and timelines. But then we'd get into the mess of "what if multiple souls of X character end up in the Shadowlands at the same time?"
    Yeah, that never made much sense to me. I don't think it did to Blizzard either, since they never built on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you think he will play a big part in Shadowlands?
    He's on the side line now, forcefully included. I believe he is not going to pass with us to Shadowlands but stay behind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Based on what? His character peaked. They kept him hanging around while Garrosh failed, Thrall killed him, lost touch with Shamanism, walked away, they dragged him back again. This is on top of Metzen all but moving on to other things. He had a good story but now they keep going back to the dry well.
    Malfurryon peaked during the war of the ancients and has been doing fuck all since. I still cant believe blizzard made thrall give doomhammer potentially to a dwarf. Just because a character "peaked" doesnt mean they cant come back. Compared to Baine, Thrall is 100x the leader and character that he is.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-12 at 12:03 AM.

Thrall? No no no no no.

More screen time for sylvanas please, she is such an interesting and well written and adorable character.
    Also increase her sex appeal by at least 999% to make sure she brings all the boys to the yard.

/yawn

do you think he will play a big part in Shadowlands?
    thrall is old news. green jebus is history, he was merely brought back as fan service, and even at that he didnt do as well as they expected. not enough buzz. they could have a side story with his mom in maldraxxus, but geyahrah is all he should've been and more. Plus usha eyegouger is the perfect orc leader

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Malfurryon peaked during the war of the ancients and has been doing fuck all since. I still cant believe blizzard made thrall give doomhammer potentially to a dwarf. Just because a character "peaked" doesnt mean they cant come back. Compared to Baine, Thrall is 100x the leader and character that he is.
    Who said "can't" I said "he should have stayed gone". Obviously they can keep reusing characters all they want that doesn't make it good storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Thrall? No no no no no.

More screen time for sylvanas please, she is such an interesting and well written and adorable character.
    Also increase her sex appeal by at least 999% to make sure she brings all the boys to the yard.

/yawn
    Thats pretty much the irony in all this. People on this thread saying 'ugh thralls old news' are the same people who gush over sylvanas like she's even remotely interesting anymore. She's been shoved into the forefront of things so much she]'s become a dark mary sue, meanwhile thrall ended up going though a transition to where he is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said "can't" I said "he should have stayed gone". Obviously they can keep reusing characters all they want that doesn't make it good storytelling.
    Limp reasoning when you enjoy seeing the same character being reused all the time yourself.

He'll have some sort of involvement either here or later. Folks like him don't get to hide forever.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

i dont know what they will do with him, maybe he comes back, but id rather he sit this one out. He met durotan and draka in WoD, that was enough for me, i dont need more of that.
    I was hoping thrall was gonna reclaim the horde with an iron fist, deducing that nobody else would be fit to rule since every warchief after him was a spectacular fuck up (including voljin, he did nothing then dies, gg)
    I think having thralltator would have been badass, going extreme lawful good.
    Since they didnt do that and they seem to have just reintroduced him for seemingly no reason, i couldnt care less about him. His story has played out, dragging him into every story like some sitcom would destroy his character, I think he should be saved for whenever we revisit outland if we ever return, though thats what WOD was supposed to be but they chickened out and we got time travel, so its likely outland is stuck where it is.

He should have united with Anduin and rez'd Sourfang. Show that Sylvanis failed once again!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    i dont know what they will do with him, maybe he comes back, but id rather he sit this one out. He met durotan and draka in WoD, that was enough for me, i dont need more of that.
    I was hoping thrall was gonna reclaim the horde with an iron fist, deducing that nobody else would be fit to rule since every warchief after him was a spectacular fuck up (including voljin, he did nothing then dies, gg)
    I think having thralltator would have been badass, going extreme lawful good.
    Since they didnt do that and they seem to have just reintroduced him for seemingly no reason, i couldnt care less about him. His story has played out, dragging him into every story like some sitcom would destroy his character, I think he should be saved for whenever we revisit outland if we ever return, though thats what WOD was supposed to be but they chickened out and we got time travel, so its likely outland is stuck where it is.
    This. What was the point of the "we dont get to hide" line if he is nowhere to be found in the next patch? If you are going to bring a character that was lost for a long time back you cant just drop em 2 seconds later. It seems like it was just a marketing gimmick since "everyone loves Chris Metzen!"

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well his mother is in Maldraxus so, it's not unlikely that he'll pop by
    Well pretty much everyone's parents are in one of the areas, so by that logic all NPCs will belong.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall's time has passed, his story peaked with assisting killing Deathwing.
    He is part of the Horde council so at least to some degree he will be around.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Yeah, that never made much sense to me. I don't think it did to Blizzard either, since they never built on it.
    Maybe it is a Highlander approach - there can only be one entity, but they can recall all other past experiences of their former lives from differing realities

Thrall belongs to Revendreth for sure in my opinion. That would be a good and fitting place for him. At least for his WoW incarnations.