Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upright posture for Undead race?

Hi, as the title says, is there any chance that Blizzard would make option for upright posture for Undeads? I know its old wish for many players, but with all these new costumization options and things like that in Shadowlands, i think this could be achieved.

Regards,

Meroving

Considering that would make them look like Humans, no.

Skinny humans.

I vote yes, and I bet this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    They are humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    They won't remotely look like the playable humans.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    Hi, as the title says, is there any chance that Blizzard would make option for upright posture for Undeads? I know its old wish for many players, but with all these new costumization options and things like that in Shadowlands, i think this could be achieved.

Regards,

Meroving
    Honestly was hoping for this more than the no bones option. Will probably keep showing bones regardless, but with an upright posture available I might even make an Undead Hunter or Death Knight.

I would love that. And since Undead with knees and elbows seem to be coming and upright Forsaken are already guarding the Great Seal, I could see them coming too. But I could live with the Female Undead with flesh on keens and elbows.

I'm up for it. Nathanos already has an upright posture. Add red eyes to that and we're good to go :-)

Also, to promote equality and diversity, all alliance races should receive hunchback posture!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd like upright posture for trolls as well

But i'd exchange that for beards
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Sure. But when do we get "less skin, more bones" option for forsaken?

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    They are humans.
    Not all of them are human (well the ones we play are) but a bunch of the forsaken are high elves.

It would be cool if they added an option to play as one of the high elf forsaken that you see in game or even one of the undead gnomes you see around undercity.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know I'm gonna get beaten for this but I find it exhausting how current Horde players want to beautify all original monstrous races. Undead slight hunchback is a big part of what makes them intimidating and cool. It's the reason people buy Noggenfogger elixirs, it's the reason why the undead male casting animation is so cool. I really don't understand this trend. Not everything has to be proper, especially a corpse-race. If you want normal posture humans, just play Humans?

I was hoping for a photoshoped version of an upright standing undead, oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oderon View Post
    I'm up for it. Nathanos already has an upright posture. Add red eyes to that and we're good to go :-)

Also, to promote equality and diversity, all alliance races should receive hunchback posture
    !
    A hunchback gnome in a gimp transmog is the stuff of nightmares...
    I am so making a hunchback gnome rogue if alliance ever gets that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I know I'm gonna get beaten for this but I find it exhausting how current Horde players want to beautify all original monstrous races. Undead slight hunchback is a big part of what makes them intimidating and cool. It's the reason people buy Noggenfogger elixirs, it's the reason why the undead male casting animation is so cool. I really don't understand this trend. Not everything has to be proper, especially a corpse-race. If you want normal posture humans, just play Humans?
    Pretty much this, I actually want undead to go back to the old rig/animations, they fit undead a lot more than the wobbly, float shit we have right now.
    Armor is also seated a LOT better on the old models, especially the shoulders.

Goddamn I hate the new undead models, genuinely ruined my UD characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Model designer: I got gift for you forsaken player
    Forsaken player: Really?!
    Mode designer: Gonna fix dat back for ya playboy! *pulls out broomstick*
    Forsaken player: Wh....what is that for?
    Model designer: *nervous grin* We call it "The solution"....now drop your trousers and bend over.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Horde players want Humans, Alliance players want Blood Elves. It never fucking ends.

It's entirely possible. At Blizzcon they showed customization updates for a few races, with full body shots for Forsaken, Trolls, and Dwarves with some of their new options. The interesting thing was that Dwarves appear as they always do in their regular standing stance. The Trolls and Forsaken were in a development T-pose.

This perhaps means that they're working on straightening their backs as a new customization option - both in response to players requesting it, and to show off some of their new features (like the troll chest tattoos). There would be little other reason to have them in T-pose in those images if they weren't adding that as an option, since it wouldn't be a good representation of how people would see those new tattoos/skin tones anyway.

-Dwarves
    -Trolls
    -Forsaken
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There would be little other reason to have them in T-pose in those images if they weren't adding that as an option, since it wouldn't be a good representation of how people would see those new tattoos/skin tones anyway.
    No, it's likely because you can't show off the tattoos they worked on with the in-game hunches. They don't care about misleading advertising.

They made "upright trolls" into a race you have to grind or race change to, they aren't making it free in the barbershop.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Horde players want Humans, Alliance players want Blood Elves. It never fucking ends.
    Thing is the Thalassian elf model has always been in the Alliance, while Horde never had Human models until Nathanos. But I don't want this to become about HE so..