Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    He is lvl52. Going prot will cause him alot more head ache in lvling than the head ache produced by tanking dungeons in dps spec.
    I dunno I levelled as prot, I think you just have to get used to mostly ignoring all non-elites, in brd that means, screw sundering the packs of dogs, focus on tabbing through the elites, sunder one, slam another, revenge the 3rd and just tab through the mobs using abilities that make threat. I was just charging in thunderclap switch to defensive demo shout, sunder tab sunder tab sunder tab slam tab, sunder etc etc. when you get to around incendius or the vault, the packs of mobs by there, only 1 or 2 are elite, the rest can be ignored. just let the dps nuke the non elites and just focus entirely on building threat on the elite mobs.

I actually macro'd sunder armor with this

/startattack
    /cast Sunder Armor

that way, every time you use sunder it also starts auto attacking. because ofc, it doesn't if you tab to a new target it stops autoattacking or if something dies it also stops, this macro is great for making sure you are always attacking..

the only other way you can maximize your output is by using berserker rage before pulls because that makes you generate more rage = more threat. this it my onxyia/magmadar stance dance macro. because of the gcd it requires two presses to cycle to zerker and back to defensive, but its a 1 button fear avoid macro

#showcooldown berserker rage
    /cast [nostance:3]Berserker Stance;Berserker Rage
    /cast [nostance:2]Defensive Stance
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-13 at 02:53 PM.

I have tanked everything outside MC with 31/20/0 or 20/31/0 with roughly 0 defense. I do make sure to equip full plate, so no leather, use some tanking oriented items with avoidance, high stamina items and shield ofc. If you go full def gear you will have problems to actually doing threat in 5mans. Only things which actually hit hard are often the dungeon endbosses so remember to spam shieldblock and try atleast keep demoshout up.