Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Silvanas didnt go to the maw when she died

If according to blizzard, Death broke in Legion, doesnt that mean that the place where silvanas went when she commited suicide at the end of Wotlk isnt the Maw??

We don't know. If death has been broken, then someone had the power to break it. So maybe that same person had enough power at the time to intercept her soul when she died and stop her even reaching the maw or shadowlands. I mean, the Valkyries were there with her, so maybe she never went anywhere, instead they kept her soul where it was and were used to communicate with whoever she is working with.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    If according to blizzard, Death broke in Legion, doesnt that mean that the place where silvanas went when she commited suicide at the end of Wotlk isnt the Maw??
    I'd assumed it was. Cause that's where she had the chance to meet the Jailor and struck her deal with it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    She did go to the maw....either that or she was given a glimpse and a deal was struck.

It makes no sense that she went to the Maw. She wasn't an irredeemable person in WotLK (As far as I remember) . I find that part to be a bit of an ass pull.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'd assumed it was. Cause that's where she had the chance to meet the Jailor and struck her deal with it.
    May be the jailer just saved her from that place and it wasnt necesarily the maw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    She did go to the maw....either that or she was given a glimpse and a deal was struck.
    How do you know for certain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It makes no sense that she went to the Maw. She wasn't an irredeemable person in WotLK (As far as I remember) . I find that part to be a bit of an ass pull.
    ^Blizz writers......blizz...writers

The maw always existed. It was just that not EVERY soul went there. Just the worst ones OR people that are a threat to the Shadowlands.

I could see Sylvanas being that second group. Especially since she goes on to do exactly that.

The maw was yawning at the time and she went straight to the anus.

10+ Year Old Account
    May be the jailer just saved her from that place and it wasnt necesarily the maw.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know for certain?
    I don't know....just trying to piece this shit storm together ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    The maw always existed. It was just that not EVERY soul went there. Just the worst ones OR people that are a threat to the Shadowlands.

I could see Sylvanas being that second group. Especially since she goes on to do exactly that.
    But silvanas at that point wasnt evil enough to go to the maw.

OR people that are a threat to the Shadowlands.
    We don't know how the Arbiter 100% judges somebody. Maybe they can see what you've done, what you might do, what you have the potential to do, maybe the very essence of who you are as a person.

I will say, the fact that Sylvanas comes back from The Maw and immediately begins working with a being to disrupt the Shadowlands kind of proves that she SHOULD have gone there, considering what she is doing to the Shadowlands now.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-11-15 at 11:26 PM.

death did not broke in legion at all, dont know why ppl keep saying that, its false.Blizzard never said that. it broke when the helm of domination was stolen by a nathrezim, before even wrath. The sylvanas suicide short story was exactly when she discovered it was broken.
    Last edited by reploid; 2019-11-15 at 11:32 PM.

And you know that because.... of what exactly?
    She was already/did already turn evil before WoW started, as seen in the warcraft campaign.

Now that I think of it, Sylvanas's rap sheet by the end of Wrath wasn't that bad, warranting Revendreth at worst considering that's what Kael got. Why did she end up in a place that sounded like the Maw? You'd think the Jailer didn't have enough power at the time to override Arbitter's dibs on souls.

Sure feels like Blizzard tripping on their own retcon, but I suppose it can be explained away by the proximity to Frozen Throne or the Val'kyr.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

People keep forgetting that there are two qualifications.

Being horrendously, irredeemably evil.

OR

Being a threat to the balance of the Shadowlands.

The two are not the same. And it could be either/or, it doesn't have to be both. I could easily see Illidan being sent to the Maw for the exact same reason. He'd probably try to disrupt the balance and use the power to his own ends.

Isn’t it possible too that flinging yourself off Icecrown, the mirror of Torghast, is a great way to fast track your ass to the Jailor?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Well, there's the questionable position of killing numerous Amani trolls whose only crime is living on land the elves decided was now theirs. Then there were all the people she slaughtered while a member of the Scourge, including countless members of her own people (though questionable if she can be held accountable for this). Then there's backstabbing and killing an ally (Garithos and his men) the moment they'd outlived their usefulness. Then there was ordering the creation of the plague and the multiple acts of torture, murder, poisoning, experimentation, mind control, etc spread across 6-7 zones that sprung from it. Then to add a cherry to the pie her entire purpose for living for years was revenge against Arthas, something that can't be good for the soul. Then finally there's the undefined but stated influence on the soul that being made into undead leads to.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If according to blizzard, Death broke in Legion
    Where did they say that?

doesnt that mean that the place where silvanas went when she commited suicide at the end of Wotlk isnt the Maw??
    Souls did get sent to the Maw before death "broke", they got sent there when the arbiter judged them poorly enough to warrant it, the Arbiter judged Sylvanas and sent her to the Maw.

She ordered the making of the blight used at the Wrathgate and she didn't make it for good reasons, read the quest text for "a new plague" on classic wowhead, Sylvanas wanted to plague "the rest of Azeroth" all the way back in vanilla, and she authorized the use of living civilians and PoWs as test subjects... Let's not forget that the person who had personally been doing all of Sylvanas' writing since 2006 said that she also ordered the Wrathgate plaguing, she just feigned ignorance and threw Putress under the bus.

Sylvanas was not a good person, even back then, anyone who thinks she was ever anything but pure fucking evil after she became a banshee hasn't been paying attention.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-11-16 at 12:12 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Wasn't evil enough? Come again? Go play Classic and actually read the quest text. You'd know Sylvanas is an evil bitch that has been developing a plague to wipe out everyone. That same plague can be seen in action at Wrathgate. Also, she planned to betray the Horde ever since Vanilla, a captured Alliance soldier willing to testify at Stonard is murdered by a Forsaken before being able to tell the truth.

Sylvanas has always been evil. At least since WoW. Perhaps in Warcraft 3 it's up to debate since she is only there to take revenge on Arthas and doesn't get any more development to really tell.