Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't foresee Uther holding a grudge and taking delight in seeing his old pupil suffering eternally. Those were the final words of a heartbroken and very angry master, but Paladins are like the Jedi of WoW. They don't take pleasure in seeing other suffer, even their enemies, and especially an enemy they once loved and regarded as almost a surrogate son of sorts. Once he arrived in the Shadowlands and saw that his suffering, Arthas' actions, and the people of Lordaeron's suffering is like a grain of sand in a sea of stars as far as how important they are to the overall cosmology of all existence, it's likely he feels a little more humbled and less vindictive towards Arthas.

Everyone's suffering seems like the focal point of the universe until they realize how little they mean in the grand scheme of things, and in this theoretical afterlife that is the Shadowlands, being betrayed and dying by the hands of your pupil hurts a little less when you realize there is indeed an afterlife, and you have a chance to be reborn and/or ascend to a higher plane with the Kyrians for living a noble life all the way to the end.

A good Paladin like Uther would see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I don't foresee Uther holding a grudge and taking delight in seeing his old pupil suffering eternally. Those were the final words of a heartbroken and very angry master, but Paladins are like the Jedi of WoW. They don't take pleasure in seeing other suffer, even their enemies, and especially an enemy they once loved and regarded as almost a surrogate son of sorts. Once he arrived in the Shadowlands and saw that his suffering, Arthas' actions, and the people of Lordaeron's suffering is like a grain of sand in a sea of stars as far as how important they are to the overall cosmology of all existence, it's likely he feels a little more humbled and less vindictive towards Arthas.

Everyone's suffering seems like the focal point of the universe until they realize how little they mean in the grand scheme of things, and in this theoretical afterlife that is the Shadowlands, being betrayed and dying by the hands of your pupil hurts a little less when you realize there is indeed an afterlife, and you have a chance to be reborn and/or ascend to a higher plane with the Kyrians for living a noble life all the way to the end.

While you made a great point, IDK if the writers would see it that way my man. Still, props to you.
    "You stand at a dangerous crossroads. You can either stay here and be slaughtered by human hands... Or choose a darker path... To freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

I like this theory.

Conversation in Warcraft 3:

Tichondrius: The Runeblade that you carry was forged by the Lich King and empowered to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed

Arthas: Than I shall make due without one. What is the Lich Kings will?

From that conversation I always assumed Arthas didn't really have a will of his own. Him killing Uther was likely without his humanity.

Video link to this scene in Warcraft 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brQozfKK4Pg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    We're reaching irony levels that shouldn't even be possible here.
    Me? I have no problem with Sylvanas one way or the other.

I do however take a particular pleasure in triggering her rather delicate fanbase.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-16 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post

I do however take a particular pleasure in triggering her rather delicate fanbase.
    You must be her fanbase biggest fan then given how much you talk about it. Almost seem like an obsession

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You must be her fanbase biggest fan then given how much you talk about it. Almost seem like an obsession
    Oh hey, childish retorts, oh how far you've fallen from your glory days on these forums.

Seriously, i expected better of you.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh hey, childish retorts, oh how far you've fallen from your glory days on these forums.

Seriously, i expected better of you.
    "I do it to trigger people" is very childish of you.

I hope that Arthas is not redeemed at all, but I fear that he will be. Illidan set a dangerous precedent.

Sure, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Tomatoe tomato, the funny part is in a real life event like stratholme that place would be nuke before you could say 'searching for cures', only crime there was Jaina/Uther washing their hand and leave like cowers, the fact is there was not time for quarantine or looking for cure, he didn't had enough man-power to deal with a full undead stratholme and he had to chose the less evil, aka sacrifice the few to save the many
    And even in a real life scenario that would be a crime. Jesus Christ, Arthas didn't kill only the infected people or something like that, he killed everyone, that includes all those people that didn't eat the infected food.

Some people on this forum should really start to rethink their moral values

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CTiranno View Post
    And even in a real life scenario that would be a crime. Jesus Christ, Arthas didn't kill only the infected people or something like that, he killed everyone, that includes all those people that didn't eat the infected food.

Some people on this forum should really start to rethink their moral values
    Except noone ever gave any alternative to what arthas did. You are also ignoring that all people transformed into undead had their souls shackled one way or another. So killing them prior to transformation was in a way a mercy.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2019-11-16 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Except noone ever gave any alternative to what arthas did. You are also ignoring that all people transformed into undead had their souls shackled one way or another. So killing them prior to transformation was in a way a mercy.
    The alternative was easy, putting the city under quarantine with the help of the paladins and Jaina. The simple fact that Arthas didn't even think about this gives you the perfect picture of his insane mind, which was lost probably after the horrors of Hearthglen.

Also, not all the people were infected and we have the proof of it thanks to the cinematic after the mission where you can clearly see the citizens that escaped Arthas madness burning the corpses of their comrades after the purge
    Last edited by CTiranno; 2019-11-16 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I agree. Arthas, until he was corrupted, was a good, dutiful, and selfless prince. He was willing to give up his soul to save his people. When Arthas did the bad things he did he was essentially under a mind control, or sufficiently corrupted that I don't think he can be blamed. He's a victim of the Legion, really.

I think if we saw him in the Maw it would be nice is Uther showed pity on him and was remorseful. Uther never hated Arthas.
    I always thought Uther was an Obi Wan type character who could have done more to prevent arthas' downfall but decided to get angry instead of helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Uther's last words as a real, live, living person.

Given we are now going to the actual afterlife and visiting said hell, I feel there has to be a deliberate callback to this moment. Preferably with Uther having accompanied us as our Covenant bodyguard.

Where he can reference it upon our inevitable discovery of that special place in the the Maw (aka Hell) Arthas is currently suffering in.

And gloat just a teensy bit.
    What was Uthers plan for dealing with Stratholme? Nothing? Uther is useless.

The alternative was easy, putting the city under quarantine with the help of the paladins and Jaina. The simple fact that Arthas didn't even think about this gives you the perfect picture of his insane mind, which was lost probably after the horrors of Hearthglen.

Also, not all the people were infected and we have the proof of it thanks to the cinematic after the mission where you can clearly see the citizens that escaped Arthas madness burning the corpses of their comrades after the purge
    You have no idea the difficulty involved with quarantining, let alone in such a backwards tech society, you ask the impossible. better they die human than turn into monsters and rip their families apart.

ppl asking for an Artas redemption need to delete their accounts now

- - - Updated - - -

this, my friends, is called coping

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Please no, don't let Danuser/Golden/Afrasiabi (or whoever is writing this crap) put their filthy paws on one of the most iconic moments of the entire franchise.
    They won't rest until they've burned it all down.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where your bleeding heart liberalism meets reality
    I know you're trying for sarcasm, but it really doesn't seem that way anymore. It comes across more as a desperate obsession at this point, like a joke taken too far.

THis is the most ironic post I have ever seen on this forum.
    I was just checking your posts for sylvanas for fun but holy cow

https://i.imgur.com/u5MKStW.png

Now THIS comes across more as a desperate obsession at this point, like a joke taken too far, lol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    You have no idea the difficulty involved with quarantining, let alone in such a backwards tech society, you ask the impossible. better they die human than turn into monsters and rip their families apart.
    Given that the Kirin Tor's ambassador proposal about quarantining the entire Northlands wasn't rejected out of logistics issues, but out of humane considerations (i.e. Terenas might have quarantined the entire province if he wanted to)... Quarantining a single city, however big, doesn't seem too difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello Trumpi View Post
    THis is the most ironic post I have ever seen on this forum.
    I was just checking your posts for sylvanas for fun but holy cow

https://i.imgur.com/u5MKStW.png

Now THIS comes across more as a desperate obsession at this point, like a joke taken too far, lol
    Sylvanas fatigue, more so than the orcs ever were - >new meme material.

10+ Year Old Account

How exactly do you imagine a quarantine with scourge forces marching on the streets and all citizens rapidly turning into zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I still blame Uther and Jaina for what happened with Arthas. The Purge had to be done, what else could he do to stop the scourge...
    I'm not sure I would blame Jaina or Uther but I do agree with you that it had to be done. What else were they going to do- just close up the town and let all the humans turned undead just hang out in there? Doesn't seem like a good plan......

That's why I don't think Arthas deserves to be tortured in hell forever, I think he is redeemable (and should be redeemed).