Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    All I see is posts saying how messed up classic wow is.

Like, bad balancing, poor mechanics, respec costs, easy content, too much epic drops, no flight paths.
    And people are asking for transmogs, flying, free respec, better balance, barber, more races etc etc.

Can Blizzard please just release Classic+ already?!
    You got that... its called 'retail'... oh... you want to change the museum that classic is? um... no.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If they DID make Classic+, the only thing I'd ask for is to finish/release the unfinished dungeon and raid ideas and possibly some of the original class ideas. We know there were a bunch of things left out in vanilla, even whole zones (Hyjal is one such zone), and it would be nice to see what "could have been." Maybe minor class tweaks such as giving Shaman the ability to tank (without gimmicks) or adding gear or set bonuses that don't lock you into one role.

That being said, I'd still prefer to have TBC and WotLK get the Classic treatment.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugumo View Post
    It worked with Runescape. Additional content in the spirit of the original game. IE more raids and content without stuff like flying or new worlds or etc.
    "It worked for Runescape" is the weakest argument you can present in favor of Classic+. Runescape and WoW's similarities begin and end with the fact that they're both MMOs. Runescape appeals to an entirely different demographic. (It's a fucking browser game.) What works for Runescape will not work for WoW.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2019-11-17 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    It exists... it's called Retail. Don't like it? Stick with Classic <3

All you #NoChanges folks got what you asked for - embrace it.
    The OP doesn't strike me as a NoChanges person, so please stop trying to blanket every single Classic player with that argument. It doesn't work. This may come as a total shock to you, but there are actually Classic players who specifically asked for changes from the very beginning. Telling them they got what they asked for when it's clearly not true? Ridiculous...

In response to the OP, no, I don't want Classic+. I quit Classic and eagerly awaiting TBC next. That's the time period when I fell in love with the game. Not Vanilla. I never got hooked on the game back in 2005.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-11-16 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The OP doesn't strike me as a NoChanges person, so please stop trying to blanket every single Classic player with that argument. It doesn't work. This may come as a total shock to you, but there are actually Classic players who specifically asked for changes from the very beginning. Telling them they got what they asked for when it's clearly not true? Ridiculous...

In response to the OP, no, I don't want Classic+. I quit Classic and eagerly awaiting TBC next. That's the time period when I fell in love with the game. Not Vanilla. I never got hooked on the game back in 2005.
    I wasn't labeling OP as a #NoChanges advocate - I was just referring to them.

Why you gotta assume? Ridiculous...

Would have loved it if they went through with their pristine servers idea. Retail is a GREAT game, and would be an awesome MMORPG if they removed xrealm, dungeon finder, titanforging and the other aspects that made it no longer an MMORPG. People never missed the classic mechanics, they miss the feeling of playing an MMORPG, which is why it is and will continue to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Would have loved it if they went through with their pristine servers idea. Retail is a GREAT game, and would be an awesome MMORPG if they removed xrealm, dungeon finder, titanforging and the other aspects that made it no longer an MMORPG. People never missed the classic mechanics, they miss the feeling of playing an MMORPG, which is why it is and will continue to be successful.
    To me, Pristine Servers seemed like a lazy compromise. Blizzard obviously saw merit in a portion of its playerbase feeling alienated by the QoL features which had been added to the game from the beginning but, for the longest time, felt the development process for real Legacy realms would have too much overhead. Sometime shortly after Pristine Servers were floated Blizzard must have found an easy way to develop Classic on the newer server infrastructure. (J Allen's comments to PC Gamer shortly after Classic was announced seem to support this theory.)

All that said, if Blizzard hadn't started work on Classic I'm fairly certain we would have received some form of Pristine Servers in its place. They may still do it some time in the future but, imo, Classic scratches that specific itch a little bit better than Pristine Servers ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Why on Earth would Blizzard want to reinvent the wheel and commit to maintaining THREE different versions of their game? That makes absolutely no business sense on any level. If subs do drop significantly, Blizzard will simply issue a "we told you so" statement and shut the Classic servers down.
    What doesnt make sense is spitefully telling players off instead of providing them something they want to pay for.

If there is a demand for it, it will happen. Its is what makes business sense.

What doesnt make business sense is not doing anything with Classic. Its currently floating on the membership of retail. It needs something to make its own money or it will sink itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    They did leave the Alliance officially but in practice they still had ties and many High elves were in the Alliance. I.E the Dalarani High elves and the Priests in Wc3.
    There was no mention of Blood elves trying to retake Quel'thalas until TBC afaik. During Vanilla you had Alliance High elves in great numbers in the lodges and such, and neutral/hostile Blood elves, with strong implications the Blood elves came from Outland and served Illidan.
    Not that many were still in the alliance. It's only 5 - 10% of them, and chances are, there are even less now.
    And seeing NPCs and stuff in game, isn't a good indicator how what it's actually like. Just recently on retail, with the end of the war. Both sides were really low on numbers, and when they go to fight sylvannas, they have a HUGE army.
    And it doesn't matter that we didn't hear about that until BC, in WC3 we already knew that not all of them went to Outland. It's common in stories for somethings to happen behind the scenes as well. What you are seeing, is not a retcon, it's literally just advancing a story.
    If you really want to play a high elf, just go horde, as that's where they are.

People keep falling for this bait.

Give it a rest

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I think it would be cool to do expansions out of order. They would have to change some events and NPC strength/levels, but that's it.

For example, we could go to Northrend before TBC (with a level cap of 70), and Illidan could help us battle the Lich King instead of Tirion. This would be similar to what happened at the end of WC3, except he'd be..prepared. This would then give him more backstory, and an explanation could be given on why we have to fight him in TBC. Death Knights at 70 would be interesting, and there wouldn't be any new races.

I'm not advocating for this, just adding to a discussion of random ideas. XD
    You needed to fight him in TBC because he took control of a demon army, allied himself with Kaelthas, and working for Kiljaedan. Plus, Illidan got owned by Arthas when he was just the Lich King's champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Classic is Vanilla. The problem would come if they were to add new content. The lore has been going off the deep end since late Wotlk and it's only gotten worse. Heck even TBC started thrashing Wc3 lore.
    No, Vanilla = 1.0 Classic =1.12

Quote Originally Posted by d00mh4cker View Post
    All I see is posts saying how messed up classic wow is.

Like, bad balancing, poor mechanics, respec costs, easy content, too much epic drops, no flight paths.
    And people are asking for transmogs, flying, free respec, better balance, barber, more races etc etc.

Can Blizzard please just release Classic+ already?!
    stop with this "classic plus" shit, literally inventing a dumb name for a game that will never exist. "classic+" sounds like disney+, worst fake name ever. why not call it wow potato. classic+? + what? what are we plusing? plus BC? plus......? just + lmao what

Transmogging ruins the game

Not sure who OP is talking to. Everyone that I run with loves the game as-is. Frankly, I'm not convinced Classic+ is remotely possible. In theory, such a thing could be cool provided it maintained original Classic philosophies, but I'm not at all convinced additional content could be created at this stage without degrading some of these philosophies. BC was what the devs produced, both to advance content but also to address problems. Say what you will about the efficacy of these solutions, BC was Classic+, and if we're to go in any direction BC should be it. It's a fine thought experiment to debate what a Patch 1.13 would have been like for Vanilla, but the concern at this Classic stage is how such an expansion would negatively affect the Classic project as a whole.

While there's much to be said for gameplay, there's also as much (if not more) to be said for maintaining a pure ecosystem. We, who lobbied for Classic to be released, wanted the Mona Lisa. We didn't want the Mona Lisa improved. We understood that Classic was a certain way, and this would be a reversion to that game state/style.

Speaking purely for myself, the idea of Classic+ is intriguing, but unrealistic - if attempted, I believe it would backfire. Going into Classic BC and Classic Wrath make all kinds of sense. This original trilogy remains the period that most of this community believes to be the best iterations of the game, and thus makes perfect sense for Blizz to attempt in the future. I've heard some interest in Cata/MoP classic versions, but not nearly to the same level. Classic+, imo, has potential, but the potential pitfalls are far higher. In all likelihood, Blizz would ask the community what they wanted in Classic+...I can only imagine the chaotic nature of those vote results.

Let's stick to what we know works.

I'm also not sure how someone advocating for adding Transmog and Flying into Classic could in anyway be misconstrued as a #NoChanges person. Pretty sure the rest of the #NoChanges crowd is happy with the game as-is, and precisely for these reasons would argue against such things being added to Classic - though, the point is taken that yes - it exists in Retail. <3
    Last edited by BSwitch; 2019-11-18 at 05:29 PM.

It exists... it's called Retail. Don't like it? Stick with Classic <3

True. I mean, they asked for the game unchanged. That's what they are getting. Otherwise what is the point of all this "bring back classic"?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    True. I mean, they asked for the game unchanged. That's what they are getting. Otherwise what is the point of all this "bring back classic"?
    Because maybe people refer to classic as a mindset and a way of gaming rather than just "vanilla". Classic means talent trees, unbalanced shit things you love to hate and you hate to love. Classic means playing an MMORPG, not the single player fest retail has become over the last 3/4 expansions. Classic means going back to sitting on a chat with guildies and sometimes randoms and have a blast. Classic is more than just the game. It's also the community around it. And clearly the overwhelming popularity of it show that people rather have a broken game where they can just fool around than this polished e-sports wannabe thing.

All those who claim "no content" at the moment: gezus aren't you supposed to be 30+ and working ?

Classic WoW wasnt perfect, wasnt balanced, and the people who play now are more concerned with meta gear and classes than they are just having fun with the game, but classic was made the way the people want and thats what we got, if you want a boring mobile game where you sit in the capital waiting on a queue to pop or get an invite then go play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    Because maybe people refer to classic as a mindset and a way of gaming rather than just "vanilla". Classic means talent trees, unbalanced shit things you love to hate and you hate to love. Classic means playing an MMORPG, not the single player fest retail has become over the last 3/4 expansions. Classic means going back to sitting on a chat with guildies and sometimes randoms and have a blast. Classic is more than just the game. It's also the community around it. And clearly the overwhelming popularity of it show that people rather have a broken game where they can just fool around than this polished e-sports wannabe thing.

All those who claim "no content" at the moment: gezus aren't you supposed to be 30+ and working ?
    No. They specifically asked for "vanilla". No buts on "more than just vanilla". They asked vanilla. Even on this forum you have that everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    No. They specifically asked for "vanilla". No buts on "more than just vanilla". They asked vanilla. Even on this forum you have that everywhere.
    I know what i wanted. I wanted vanilla and if blizz would add tbc to it or decide to basically make a fork and continue on that. I would play this game.

I know many people who have the same opinion as I do. So when you say "people wanted vanilla" maybe you're just assuming too much ?