Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard doesn't even know and doesn't keep count. "Some belong to the Jailer" is a total cop out explanation to justify showing more, making a finite number to begin with now meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    A val kyr is able to create others, but these are lesser val kyr who can only raise weaker undead. The val kyr that turned Nathanos into a sort of death Knight was also heavily weakened after that, possibly even permanently weakened so you can add that one to your list most likely.

She has lots of other val kyr, but those are lesser, and weaker, and if the "higher" dies all her val kyrs also die. The problem is that she can't create the truly powerful val kyr, with eyrs power she could create them, but she wasn't able to get that power on legion.

I would wager that now with the power of the jailer he can create those "higher" val kyrs
    that's a whole lot of wrong there.
    only valkyr queens are capable of granting ascendance, she only has one kind of valkyr with her now, the lower kind their leader was the one who died to take the bitch queen's place in 'edge of night', and no, she cannot make new valkyr period, that was the entire goal of enslaving eyir who is Odyn's current valkyr queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Dunno man, she keeps pulling them out of her ass as deus ex machina when the challenge she faces is beyond her capabilities.

And then in BFA she herself became a deus ex machina mary sue.
    Do you know what deus ex machina and mary sue mean? I don't think you do. Or maybe you do but fail to see how those do not apply to Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Do you know what deus ex machina and mary sue mean? I don't think you do. Or maybe you do but fail to see how those do not apply to Sylvanas.
    and i know you don't, she literally has an unexplained power-up as a plot relevant event and then wombos one of the more powerful beings on azeroth.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    and i know you don't, she literally has an unexplained power-up as a plot relevant event and then wombos one of the more powerful beings on azeroth.
    Just because you somehow managed to either ignore the explanation or willfully ignore it doesn't make it un-explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Just because you somehow managed to either ignore the explanation or willfully ignore it doesn't make it un-explained.
    post-explanation from a expansion release announcement doesn't matter when the entire power-up plays out prior, sorry.
    if this shit didn't begin at BFA's start and play the role it did in the makgora with Saurgfang you'd have a point, but as usual you fail to muster a logical argument and resort to childish ad hom like a chimp with shit.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-16 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    We know that:
    1 died in Edge of Night
    3 die in Silverpine
    1 dies in Andorhal
    1 dies in Darkshore
    2 raise Derek Proudmoore
    We see four in the cinematic armored to the teeth.

So six are dead. Six are left? I thought she originally had nine Val’kyr and not twelve?
    Technically All 9 of them now the Shadowlands has been riped open.

I did often wonder why would the valkyr would so willingly take her place in the maw to bring her back every times she died.

Guess if this was part of her plan all along then it makes sense as there death was always gonna be temporary if she pulled it off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Val'kyr she is seen with in the Shadowlands trailer don't appear to be normal Val'kyr, so they are likely corrupted servants of the Jailer and not members of the original Nine. Of those who bound themselves to Sylvanas in "Edge of Night," three remain as stated above.
    They're in all likelihood Forsworn Kyrian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Dunno man, she keeps pulling them out of her ass as deus ex machina when the challenge she faces is beyond her capabilities.

And then in BFA she herself became a deus ex machina mary sue.
    How comes she is a deus ex machina exactly? Because she owned Saurfang or Malf? It was obvious she is levels above them in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    post-explanation from a expansion release announcement doesn't matter when the entire power-up plays out prior, sorry.
    if this shit didn't begin at BFA's start and play the role it did in the makgora with Saurgfang you'd have a point, but as usual you fail to muster a logical argument and resort to childish ad hom like a chimp with shit.
    If you take being pointed out that you have to actually pay attention to understand something as a personal attack then I don't know what to tell you.

It was obvious for quite some time Sylvanas was gaining power, hell Kosak said all the way back in Cata that Sylvanas would gain power over time due to her pact with the Val'kyr. Granted we didn't know every detail, but to wave your hands and say there was no explanation is simply false.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    She got like tree fiddy.
    I got you covered fam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Are the Valkyr unexpected/ unexplained power or event? Why not to anyone who ever kept up on the lore.

What rock do you live under where you think Sylvanas has no flaws or weaknesses?

Well aside from not understanding what a Dues ex Machina or a Mary sue is, you also seem to be woefully behind/ unaware of lore in terms of Sylvanas.
    He who argues with Sygmar has no respect for his own time.

I'M JOKING AUCALD, RELAX. No red text pls.

On topic,

Danuser said, and I quote, "What makes you think Sylvanas can't just make more Val'kyr?"

So trying to figure out how many Sylvanas has left is an exercise in futility.

I'm not sure why Danuser felt it necessary to throw Sylvanas' main motivation since Cataclysm under the bus for no discernible reason, but

here we are. Again. Writers seem to be more interested in big, cinematic set pieces rather than a coherent story.

That sort of writing strategy worked out real well for Game of Thrones. Who needs consistent themes, plot or character motivations?!

only valkyr queens are capable of granting ascendance, she only has one kind of valkyr with her now, the lower kind their leader was the one who died to take the bitch queen's place in 'edge of night', and no, she cannot make new valkyr period, that was the entire goal of enslaving eyir who is Odyn's current valkyr queen.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Val%27kyr

Multiple lesser Val'kyr maidens were spotted in the skies during the Battle for Andorhal, and though they can raise corpses[19] these lesser Val'kyr are not part of the original pact and are thus not strong enough to revive Sylvanas.

I am right, the only thing not confirmed there is that the lesser val kyr are created by the "greater" val kyr, but it is the most likely thing

It doesn't matter, cause no one ever really dies anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...We are going to the realm where they were taught to be created from...I don't think it matters how many she has left at this point?

- - - Updated - - -

But I do think those were Servants of Jailer in the features trailer

Deus ex machina = an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel. LIKE A VAL'KYR.
    Mary Sue = a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses. LIKE SYLVANAS.

What exactly don't I understand!?
    Both the terms and their meanings that you wrote here? Because entities that had been in the lore for over a decade are not even remotely unexpected. And last time I checked Sylvanas has been villain-batted the entirety of BfA and had the traitors to the Horde ran around unchecked.

There's very little wrong in what @Nephys said. That Scourge's Val'kyr can create lesser Val'kyr. That is explicitly explained in the Alliance conclusion to WPL questline. Those spawned ones are also literally called "Lesser Val'kyr". Indicating that the Nine aren't the lower kind. On top of that, only the Nine can resurrect Sylvanas, who is a higher kind of an undead, which shows how the Lesser Ones can't do that. And it's outright hinted at in the quest where Aradne dies that if the one of the Nine dies then perhaps the lesser Val'kyr spawned by her would dissipate. So what they got wrong is that the lesser Val'kyr die for sure when one of the Nine does.

As for Sylvanas being able to create Val'kyr herself or not, if you could read the post you replied to in full, you'd have noticed that it was @Nephys speculating. Though given how that it was their speculation about Sylvanas as she is in Shadowlands, using Legion's events is a poor argument against that. It's even poorer in light of the statement by Danuser that @Oneirophobia mentioned.

Except for the part where her power up is literally explained. Also, since when is Bolvar one of the more powerful beings on Azeroth? Arthas himself paled in comparison to pretty much any other end boss of an expansion with exception of maybe Garrosh. And Bolvar is like a dollar store knock-off version of that.

Yeah, no. An explanation doesn't magically cease to be an explanation because it happened after the fact. Expecting all explanations to be prior or at least during the fact is rather bizarre. It would make for a truly terrible storytelling, robbing the story of any potential for mystery and later reveals. And with how poor WoW's story already is, that's not exactly needed.

So sorry to burst your bubble, but @Friendly already has a point. You on the other hand, not so much. Let alone a logical one, because cherry-picking which explanations count and which don't with some arbitrary rules you made on the spot to pretend your position is valid is a clear-cut of a logical fallacy. There's also no ad-hominem in what they said. As opposed to your own post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deus ex machina = an unexpected power or event saving a seemingly hopeless situation, especially as a contrived plot device in a play or novel. LIKE A VAL'KYR.
    Mary Sue = a type of female character who is depicted as unrealistically lacking in flaws or weaknesses. LIKE SYLVANAS.

What exactly don't I understand!?
    Mary Sue does not have to be a female character. ^_^

Sylvanas like Saurfang keeps saying fails and fails and fails. Not sure she is totally competent or lacks flaws. Unless you want to say she is totally as competent at failing as bad as Willie Coyote?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like there was a specific amount that she had but then as she lost them the plot dictated that she needed more. So how many she has left is however many she'll need until she is defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Nine Val'kyrs.

One died in Edge of Night, taking her place in the Shadowlands.
    Eight left.
    Three died in Silverpine.
    Five left.
    One died in Andorhal.
    Four left.
    One died in Darkshore
    Three left.

Those two that raised Derek did not die, afaik.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Val%27kyr#The_nine
    So one stayed in shadow lands, reunited with the rest, 4 in total as per trailer.

Jokes aside the lore chaps need to be a bit more professional when working for a big Corp. They ain't playing dnd in their garage anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    He who argues with Sygmar has no respect for his own time.

I'M JOKING AUCALD, RELAX. No red text pls.

On topic,

Danuser said, and I quote, "What makes you think Sylvanas can't just make more Val'kyr?"

So trying to figure out how many Sylvanas has left is an exercise in futility.

I'm not sure why Danuser felt it necessary to throw Sylvanas' main motivation since Cataclysm under the bus for no discernible reason, but

here we are. Again. Writers seem to be more interested in big, cinematic set pieces rather than a coherent story.

That sort of writing strategy worked out real well for Game of Thrones. Who needs consistent themes, plot or character motivations?!
    If you think this has a happy ending etc etc.
    Holy shit lol