Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The PvP was 'harder' because it was so janky and broken. This thread is funny because OP is actually shitting on classic, so this is a great self-own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw. Not harder. Just like the journey, it is just slower.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvestra View Post
    BFA PvP is just doing damage, no skill involved.
    Thats the reason why MMR is used for rated PvP. If you dont have any higher skill, you can still participate with similar minded opponents.

What you experienced is a mirror of your own skill in PvP.

PvE got lot of issues because of its naming tags - lfr/n/hc/m - but maybe a similar naming would help players understand where they are in PvP.
    Rating brackets for GOLD / SILVER / BRONZE / BROWN?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it's not harder. It's slow and boring though.
    There will always be someone who can't understand that harder ≠ slower. Because everyone who has simply the tinyest knowledge about bfa would never say that vanilla is harder, because here's the surprise it isn't. Retail is A FRICKING LOT HARDER, nearly EVERY LFR-DUNGEON IS MUCH MUCH HARDER THAN MOLTEN CORE. Even more: trash there is harder than the bosses, that's a fact.

So in the end. No, people will not admit it, because it isn't the truth. I know, truth is an absurde state in the times of "fake news" and other idiotic screamings on the internet, but in the end: these facts would not change, because they are facts.

And as you said: pvp wise: No, it isn't. Vanilla is probably the worst state classes ever were and absolute crap in terms of balancing. PvP simply didn't exist in vanilla rather than a tiny bit of food for the ones who somehow liked it. WoW was never designed as a PvP-Game back then (and to be honest even now).

So no, vanilla wasn't harder: you had 2-3 insane classes, the others are crap. That's vanilla in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2019-11-16 at 10:47 PM.

The only thing hard about classic is getting away from the FPs on a horde dominated server as alliance because it's being camped by 80 horde because there's absolutely nothing else to do in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    I mean its been about for 3 months, remember how easy bfa pvp is, your basically just using your rotation in PvP until 2.4k rating.

Classic have engineering trinkets (reflects), and alot of niche spells that only good players can utilize.
    Classic have spell-batching for skilled players to predict opponent next spell (Rogue can gouge mage blink for example).

Look at duels between 2 skilled players how complicated they are compared to like a 2.4k arena match in bfa where people just spam their rotations like in pve.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xaryuTV/videos
    go here and see how complicated duels are in classic compared to pvp in bfa.
    Come's here seeking validation for an idiotic opinion, gets shredded as not a single person agrees with them.

NOTHING about Classic was hard. Not a single raid, not a single thing in the game. It was purely time-consuming until you had the right items which is based off luck.

Sorry kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think it's harder, just unbalanced.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    There will always be someone who can't understand that harder ≠ slower. Because everyone who has simply the tinyest knowledge about bfa would never say that vanilla is harder, because here's the surprise it isn't. Retail is A FRICKING LOT HARDER, nearly EVERY LFR-DUNGEON IS MUCH MUCH HARDER THAN MOLTEN CORE. Even more: trash there is harder than the bosses, that's a fact.

So in the end. No, people will not admit it, because it isn't the truth. I know, truth is an absurde state in the times of "fake news" and other idiotic screamings on the internet, but in the end: these facts would not change, because they are facts.

And as you said: pvp wise: No, it isn't. Vanilla is probably the worst state classes ever were and absolute crap in terms of balancing. PvP simply didn't exist in vanilla rather than a tiny bit of food for the ones who somehow liked it. WoW was never designed as a PvP-Game back then (and to be honest even now).

So no, vanilla wasn't harder: you had 2-3 insane classes, the others are crap. That's vanilla in a nutshell.
    Pretty much, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    No one gives a shit which one is harder. PvP in both retail and classic is dog shit.
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by sithalos View Post
    ding ding ding! We have a winner!
    double ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Ah yes, I love the difficulty of "Did you get to hit first and one shot? Yes, you win/No, you get kited"

um no?

We've had 15 years to dissect wow pvp. If you still find it hard, I don't know what to tell you...
    In bfa we've had barely a year.

PvP in Classic is just a tiny subset of PvP in Retail.

PvP BGs in Classic involved you taking a week off work, BGs in Retail involve you playing a game.

Classic is mostly a chore in all respects, Retail is a game in almost all respects.

Classic is harder only because you have to force yourself to one or two things over and over again.

Kill 100 boars to get 3 eyes, kill 2000 enemy in Hillsbrad to get the title, wait for ever for them to respawn.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The hardest part about vanilla pvp is getting the millions of consumables and engineering to 300.

Classic PVP is harder if you're a warlock, easier if you're a rogue or a warrior(especially in raid gear) with engineering, few thousand gold worth of consumables and a healer.

It's an unbalanced mess of random 1-shots and lots of open GCDs / drinking / waiting for CDs.

I think it's fun. :P

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm confused by this thread.

People say classic PVP is slow, but then someone is complaining about being 1 shot by a mage, which is the direct opposite of slow..
    It's almost as if a class in a particular instance 1 shot people doesn't dictate the general pacing of PvP on a broader scale...
    Who knew?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

a level 60 rogue with full tier 1 , MC weps, and 100% mount, costs over $1000

a level 120 rogue with 8/8m achievements and 440 ilvl is 400$

bfa is the casuals version of world of warcraft

It is harder, but not because the gameplay is necessarily harder but rather more unforgiving.

If you make a mistake in classic pvp, you likely won’t get a chance to make a second. Retail gives you chances to counter in every fight vs classic where if you’re up against someone who outgears you, rip

That said, one thing I wish retail had pvp wise that classic does (besides good wpvp) is the old ad&d formula of paper rock scissors. In retail everyone can beat everyone and I miss having hard counter classes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bearlolz View Post
    a level 60 rogue with full tier 1 , MC weps, and 100% mount, costs over $1000

a level 120 rogue with 8/8m achievements and 440 ilvl is 400$

bfa is the casuals version of world of warcraft
    True, any mouth breather with a few hours a week of time can get geared in bfa

Classic takes significantly more time, energy, and social skill. Retail is missing that factor even on mythic due to cross realms and transfers being so precedent

nothing mechanics wise is harder in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    nothing mechanics wise is harder in classic.
    More unforgiving mechanics are harder by their very nature

Having 101 mechanics but you can survive 99 of them isn’t difficult

Having 1-2 mechanics that you can’t mess up or 100% death is harder by its very nature of less tolerable to mistakes