Thread: Reserving items

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    short answer is there is no fix. theres an extremely valuable drop that isnt your piece, that everyone can use. no one is going to trust you to not be a dick. we all of had that ninja experience at some point, especially in the old days. As players, we are smarter now, and understand the risk of trusting or not trusting a stranger. Even a guild run i wouldnt trust you to not fuck off with the mount. its not hard to type /gquit and then go to trade and type /lfg a week later, or in hours where there is significantly less traffic in your current guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Good luck either getting any loot, or any invitations.

Groups that form on the basis and crux of a particular item would state on the formation of such a group, and give you an informed choice from the start. If you join a group that states the shield is reserved, and then get surprised that the shield is reserved, you're the only one to blame in that interaction.

Now, if they don't tell you that and give the shield to someone else without a chance, that's a whole other issue, but that's not the example given here.

Reservations have existed since Classic in '04, and only really stopped being a thing in Retail when they made Personal Loot a global endeavor.

If you find people are abusing it, find a group of friends, or a guild, one where sense of community is further enforced. That's the only way you're going to survive Classic, long term.
    I do just fine getting invites and loot, thanks.

I don't even reply to groups advertising they need a healer or DPS and that (insert item here) is reserved. Usually slap them on Ignore.

If I join and I see its on ML, I will ask why, and if it's because of reservations 9/10 times tell them "Good Luck" and leave before even getting in the instance. Only time I'm OK with it is first Orb going to the tank in Strat Live.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Hey, carry me so I can get the pieces I need without any chance at it yourself!"

- - - Updated - - -

Me, a Shaman healing: Heya
    Tank: Hey you know the shield off Drak is reserved?"
    Me: GONE

That's how I deal with any reserves. fuck that shit
    So you're deliberately depriving yourself from a dungeon run because and item that you dont need is reserved just on pure principle?
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I dont like super greedy reserves, but I'm 100% fine with most of them.

How it works with reserve: I am straight up abt what I want, ppl who dont need that item can join, ppl that do need the item know that I will not be inviting them.

How it works without reserve: I build the group and only invite players that will not roll on the gear I want. Tell them "we are full on melee". Then hope no idiot healer or whatever rolls for offspec.

I would just stop caring about what they have to say. if they're that far into an UD strat what are they going to do? Leave? I highly doubt it. I really can't imagine why anyone would be surprised about someone using ML when a drop is on reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kongnic11 View Post
    I have now been reserving items in my stratholme runs, the chest from baron himself, and when we get there I put on ML to ensure that I get it (hence why I reserved). I have seen many other people do the same thing, but people tend to get mad.

"You will ninja the mount"
    "You will ninja my cape" - I'm a druid

How do f*** do I solve this? I'm a resto druid who is tanking it so I can get that chest and I have been in 15 runs this far, and seen the cape drop several times and given it to appropriate players. I know that i'm not ninjaing but I also know that perception > reality, but I can't blame them I would be suspicious myself, any suggestions? Maybe I am even wrong and should let it be grp loot and HOPE that people pass. I am even upfront with it, as I tell people after Ramstein that I will put on ML to ensure my treasure, should I just change to ML just before baron dies?
    If I were with you in the group and you would put on ML right before baron dies, I would instantly ignore you and assume you are attempting to ninja the mount, if after Rammstein then the same but leave before killing it. But since you're the "reserved" guy, I wouldn't group with you in the first place, regardless of what you're reserving.
    Anyway, the chances of someone else in the group rolling need on healing items while they're not the healer and the actual healer needs it are incredibly small, the kind that I've not seen once in 13 years of playing wow. Also never heard of healers reserving healing items in dungeons lol.

Edit: Realized I missed the part where you're a healer that's tanking and wants the healing gear .. you're on a whole new level. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-11-18 at 04:30 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I would just stop caring about what they have to say. if they're that far into an UD strat what are they going to do? Leave? I highly doubt it. I really can't imagine why anyone would be surprised about someone using ML when a drop is on reserve.
    There is no reason to put ML on when an item is reserved except that it allows the leader to potentially ninja anything else that drops. Trust has to work both ways and there's no way ML or no ML will enforce this.

Blizzard will do fuck all even when loot rules are specified, this has been proven in numerous reddit posts with screen shots and from personal experience.

Lol, didn't even think of that. But ofc! Thanks man
    Make the group while stating at every opportunity that you are reserving item x.
    Put loot on master loot when you get to boss y that drops item x, roll out other items that drop from the boss, put it back to group loot afterwards.

Simple solution is simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Make the group while stating at every opportunity that you are reserving item x.
    Put loot on master loot when you get to boss y that drops item x, roll out other items that drop from the boss, put it back to group loot afterwards.

Simple solution is simple
    It is not a solution for the other members of the group because it allows him to potentially ninja the mount and anything else at will.

By your logic a just as good solution would be to simply tell everyone else to pass on the reserved item.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2019-11-18 at 02:57 PM.

If you want healing chest so much and you are healer, invite warrior tank, rogue dps, hunter dps, and another warrior/rogue/hunter DPS. Then nobody could possibly want the healing chest except for you and no reason to "reserve" or ML last boss.

But you can still do reserve runs too if you want. Might be harder to get a group together because of suspicions of "ninja" mount/agi cape, but whatever, let em cry. People that dont want to do the run with those rules simply won't get invited, and dps is dime a dozen. i'm sure you can find warrior/rogue/hunters to fill dps spot, hardest part will be finding a warrior tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Putting on ML for the whole dungeon you are basically reserving the cape AND the mount. Who is going to join that except for gullible noobs?
    People who don't give a shit about the mount

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    How about - no reservations?
    I'm not overly fond of reservation, but between a run where the tank reserves an item I don't care and no tank to run, the choice is easy.
    I'm happily ready to exchange not the bother of making a group for allowing the one who does it to select an item as long as I know beforehand.

Of course, reserving DURING a run is a huge dick move that I wouldn't accept.

As long as you don't ninja anything... who cares?

Also... just tell them at the beginning that you will going ML on the last boss... if they have a problem with that... can leave... normally when I run with something reserved its on ML the entire run... if people are crying... let em cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    In vanilla there was no reserve loot afaik.
    Bullshit, reserves were VERY common in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Bullshit, reserves were VERY common in Vanilla.
    Was too common in Vanilla. You were too often used as a work horse for few people to get their reserved items.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would never join a group with reserved items.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pper View Post
    How about you make some friends or find a guild?
    Not a hard concept.

And, since you are not stealing the cape or the mount, why do you care about what randoms say?
    You think being in a guild will transform his guildmates in slaves who will drop everything and run stratholme over and over again even if they have nothing to gain from it just to help that guy get his chest? Get real dude, he will have to pug anyway to farm that crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Was too common in Vanilla. You were too often used as a work horse for few people to get their reserved items.
    They captured you and forced you to run their stuff? No, you willingly accepted to join these groups, stop acting like a victim, you're only a victim of yourself.

Doesn't matter, I got my chest WITH ML and no mount has dropped, everyone got their items - assuming they won their roll - and to all of you who said: "I will not join your group in the first place when you reserve items", thank you! That are some of the most helpful advice I've been given on this matter!

"How can we make this car cause less pollution? Any good ideas?" Just stop using cars. So helpful!

But for real, I just told people that I would do ML and people would either leave or stay - most stayed.
    Last edited by Kongnic11; 2019-11-18 at 03:50 PM.
    The weak fear the shadows... fear controls them!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    It is not a solution for the other members of the group because it allows him to potentially ninja the mount and anything else at will.

By your logic a just as good solution would be to simply tell everyone else to pass on the reserved item.
    So don't join a group with him if you are concerned about other items that drop from the same boss being ninja'd? What's complicated about that

Doesn't matter, I got my chest WITH ML
    Gz!

You're doing fine. Just make sure everyone understand what will happen at the beginning. Ignore the turds whining about reserving.

Make it clear that you will master loot gear, if they don't trust you then they can leave.
    Will that mean you might have to wait longer for groups? Yes, but that's your choice.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!