Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Same. Besides the movie being a cringefest that was more about whamen empowerment than fun the actress has a severe lack of charisma. Its odd that they claim the movie made so much money but they didnt even announce a second one during the panel months ago.
    Lots of tickets were bought by Disney, so the theater seats aren't empty and give it a bad vibe. Those seats were paid for from Disney's pocket, so it's not exactly income.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    First movie made a bit over a billion dollars, so clearly no one.

/s
    Mostly by pandering..it was not a good movie, especially compared to the rest of the MCU

Isn't it funny how Brie Larson disappeared from the face of the planet?
    Remember how she always had something to say against men, in various magazines and websites, and Disney did nothing to shut her up?! Well she's a now a meme and box office poison, and no one wants to hire her and get negative attention towards their product. She's basically a female Colin Kaepernick.

So she's laying low, hoping people will forget about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Remember how she always had something to say against men, in various magazines and websites, and Disney did nothing to shut her up?! Well she's a now a meme and box office poison, and no one wants to hire her and get negative attention towards their product. She's basically a female Colin Kaepernick.

kinda what happened with charlies angels , make a crappy film to promote mary sues , said movie flops and then blame the "toxic males"
    lets alienate the fanbase , smart

I hate her with a passion too, but she is still alive and has starred in two movies since Endgame according to IMDB, + Captain Marvel 2 which is already announced apparently (didn't really follow the story though)

Just Mercy
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4916630...=nm_flmg_act_3

Between two Ferns: The movie
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9398640...=nm_flmg_act_2

I really can't get behind people who are still into this hating on Captain Marvel film, considering that it was started by Comicsgate Incels back in the day. Like, I wouldn't really want to associate with this kinds of losers. Realistically, Captain Marvel was mediocre, nicht horrible, just as most solo MCU movies. The only MCU Hero who had a consistently good run on his brand was Captain America and even there I don't know if we should count Civil War as it was basically an Avengers Movie. Ironman started great but the second and third movies where shit, Thor lived off Tom Hiddlestons performance up until Ragnarok when it became good and Hulk was such a desaster that he never again got his own movie. Then there is Age of Ultron which was kinda shit.

The MCU was never defined by its high quality. They are simple, fun popcorn movies who live off constantly shooting new movies out, so that it doesn't matter if one misses because people will watch them no matter what to not miss something. And to the comicsgate dudes, maybe Captain Marvel is not for you? Like, I'm not interested in Doctor Strange and Antman. You guys can simply miss on the next Captain Marvel movie, let the millions of people who actually enjoyed it have their fun and do something productive in the meantime, like showering.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Captain Marvel needs an "Empire Strikes Back" in that she really needs to lose. She's too powerful and too arrogant right now and a humbling experience could really develop her character in something awesome. But alas, I doubt that's the narrative that Disney wants to pursue with her, they'd rather her be an OP "Strong Independent Woman" who's earned literally nothing and is challenged by nothing.
    I’d love to see that, though I don’t think Brie Larson as an actor could pull that off.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of tickets were bought by Disney, so the theater seats aren't empty and give it a bad vibe. Those seats were paid for from Disney's pocket, so it's not exactly income.
    What in the tinfoil hat tarnation are you talking about?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I think this list only takes into account physical strength
    Physically, Ghost Rider is stronger than all of them too lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They should do w/e fits the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    I’d love to see that, though I don’t think Brie Larson as an actor could pull that off.

- - - Updated - - -

What in the tinfoil hat tarnation are you talking about?
    He got dropped as a kid and lost all his braincells.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There has never been any proof of this it’s just a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Physically, Ghost Rider is stronger than all of them too lol
    Only when Zarathos is in control. PLENTY of heroes have overpowered non-Zarathos Ghost Rider physically.

In regards to the thread title, I agree, Captain Marvel 2 should end. I mean actually all movies should end. No movie, no matter how good it may be, should go on forever cause it's bound to get tiresome and boring at some point. And with Captain Marvel 2, you're already starting well into to the tiresome and boring part before it even starts.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2019-11-18 at 04:49 PM.

The only thing i didnt like about captain marvel is i believe the actresses should have been switched between danvers (brie) and minerva (gemma)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess so - but let Marvel be free to spend the money on it to make the film and let the audience with their wallets.

Not really sure if they will indeed make a sequel...even with the 1 billion plus dollar BO. But that could just be me being annoyed at Brie Larsons general attitude and how meh I found the movie.

The general moviegoing audience might not be too aware of it and actually like to see a sequel.

At this point I am no longer sure what people will go to watch and what they will ignore. Will Rise of Skywalker for example be a giant flop or will it still make a round 1.5 billion dollars because...Star Wars?
    It'll still make gobs of money because it's Star Wars, but if all the naysayers really vote with their wallet, it won't make as much as it should for the closing chapter of a trilogy.

I think the hesitancy with Captain Marvel is, they're being careful not to push something out they think might end up being critically panned (looking at you Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World.) At least those two had likable actors to fall back on. Disney is well aware Brie Larson has alienated a decent portion of the 18-49 male demographic. Unless they actually put out something good enough, the movie might flop. The first made a billion because 1) people knew it'd connect directly to Endgame 2) the female demographic went out in droves because it was Marvel's first female hero movie and 3) they did market it well with it taking place in the 90's, the 18-49 demo most of whom actually grew up then, Blockbuster, and young Nick Fury. Captain Marvel 2 likely won't have any of those hooks. That's why I think they should set up Rogue to appear as an antagonist as a vehicle to launch mutants gradually. No way a Captain Marvel 2 can be as successful with just more Kree/Skrulls shit. They need another hook; Rogue, mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Captain Marvel is not even top 10 on Marvel own list

10. Blue Marvel

9. Thor (Jane Foster)

8. Skaar

7. Sentry

6. Maestro

5. She-Hulk

4. Thing

3. Hercules

2. Thor

1. Hulk

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvel-universe
    What the...
    I don't even...

It can be argued than strength level can vastly change on a character like Sky-Father Hercules or Phoenix Colossus or Thing Herald of Infinity but it we are thinking in the regular concept of the character this list makes no sense.

Let's start by saying several cosmic characters are Class 1000 (limitless strength) because they can infuse themselves with limitless strenght:Galactus,Beyonder( pre-retcon), Celestials,most of the Abstracts...

But let's forget about them because it's "infused"...still several Class 1000 characters in the Marvel Universe: Korvac,Cyttorak,Surtur,Ymir,the Champion,Abraxas,Akhenaten....

Let's again forget about those characters because they are cosmic characters ( don't know why but let's do it) that list make no sense.

No Odin or Zeus (Class 1000)
    There's no Juggernaut ( Class 500 without being fully empowered Class 1000 if fully empowered by the Crysom Gem).
    There's no Neptune ( Class 500)
    There's no Kurse ( Class 500)
    There's no Gladiator ( Class 250 at peak confidence)
    There's no Hyperion ( Class 250)
    There's no Thanos ( Class 250 and 500 enhanced)

Meanwhile we got She-hulk ( Class 125 AFTER extensive training in human form Class 80 otherwise) ,we got the Thing ( Class 90) and for one strange reason we got Maestro and Hulk as two separated characters in different positions when their class is the same: Class 100 in calm state up to Class 1000 in full berserker.

No really ,who the fick thought She-hulk is stronger than the Sentry?

Ironically enough Capitan Marvel in binary form (Class 100) could actually made it into the list.

Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'd probably prefer Captain Marvel go evil. Isn't she one of the most powerful characters in the setting at this point seeing as she's got some of the last juice of one of the Infinity Stones? She could make a great bad guy.
    Bit of Yrel - going crazy with purging evil type thing. I dig that. Sort of a similar arch to Thanos though.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Of course, The MCU managed to make a Captain Marvel movie without Mar-Vell, and I'm still a little bitter about that...
    I am a LOT bitter about that.

Of course, I like Tom Holland as Spider-Man, but I don't like how the MCU portray's Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Captain Marvel 2 should end with Rogue stealing her powers...
    Lol, I said Endgame after credit scene should have been something similar. Captain Marvel is surveying the destruction/ reconstruction and you hear a southern belle say, "Howdy Suga" and a bare hand touches the side of Danvers' face as her expression goes glassy. Would not even need a second film... next up "The Brotherhood".
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah....is that list from 1970 or so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27u4RXPaYU - probably closer but still ofc being debated ^^
    Well it's not a list from the 70's mostly because it's not a list ( just random examples) and because it's not from the 70's ( a lot of the characters didn't exist in the 70's).

You linked a power classification...I was talking about strength class and I know it can be confusing because talking about the "strenght level" of Owen Reece...a being who holded all the energy in the universe can make no sense but I actually pointed that out in my post stating that I was gonna keep those characteres out because how do we measure it? How can we measure the strength level of the holder of the Infinity Gauntlet or the Heart of the Universe? What¡s the Strength class of The One Above All?

So that...this is not a classification of power but physical strength because yeah...we don't need to discuss the Phonix Force crashes Gladiator without even notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Lol, I said Endgame after credit scene should have been something similar. Captain Marvel is surveying the destruction/ reconstruction and you hear a southern belle say, "Howdy Suga" and a bare hand touches the side of Danvers' face as her expression goes glassy. Would not even need a second film... next up "The Brotherhood".
    Would have been the perfect foreshadowing of mutants. Let's see if what Kevin Feige comes up with is even half as good as that idea.