Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Think Arthas only died when he put on the helm who knows what Bolvar is like now.
    He had his soul eaten by the blade as soon as he picked it up. You can argue he died right then and there and was undead from that point on. Then he put on the helm. In a questline in Icecrown it's revealed it was only after he put on the helm that he literally cut open his chest and removed his heart. Can't be a living mortal after that even if he was up to then.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Actually this is an interesting question, initially I was going to say that he was never a Death Knight, which is true, in the sense that he wasn't raised into undeath and trained as a DK, yet he has all the powers bestowed on him by the Helm of Domination, which are DK powers/powers a DK also posses (e.g. Remorseless Winter, unable to use Oblit/Froststrike with a 2H etc). So in that respect, he is a DK without starting off as one in this new life
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-11-18 at 11:02 PM.

Of course he's a death knight. He freely gave his soul to the helm of domination. In that respect he's no different than Arthas. The main difference is Arthas did it for power, thinking he could control it to help his people, and Bolvar did to hold back the Scourge.

----------
    Edit: I did a little re-reading and it appears Arthas became a DK upon wielding Frostmourne. Eh. Need more research myself.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2019-11-18 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Thanks so much! I never would have found it as I don’t click on the wowhead spoiler news
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

He isn't DK now and never was one, because Arthas couldn't break Bolvar's willpower (and if I remember correctly Bolvar is actually only one who could resist Frostmourne powers due to his will, for a very long time at least).

BUT Alexstrasza's flame changed him in such way that he no longer can be considered as a 'normal' living being - he is something between living and undead.

And if Bolvar ever will become a Death Knight, then he most likely will be the strongest one.. At least that's what Arthas said to Fordring in ICC raid and that's why he was so obsessed with idea of breaking Bolvar's mind and turning him into a DK.
    Last edited by Lurell; 2019-11-18 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Fire Paladin!
    sounds immensely cooler than "Shockadin". i'm going to go with that, he's a dragon infused fire paladin.

4th spec confirmed.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Isnot View Post
    I am not sure if its been asked before....But what is Bolvar now that he doesn't have the powers of the Lich King ? Is he still a Deathknight ?
    If he's not a Dk, what class did you think he was? :P
    He could be the new plated hunter class. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

No, he is not a Death Knight.

He is, THE Bolvar!

Quote Originally Posted by PopVanish View Post
    No helm of domination. No frostmourne. I’m going with no, just a pally that tried to help out controlling the scourge. He filled the role while needed.
    Frostmourne was the essential part of Arthas to have power. The helm holds a power as we saw, but not the same power as Frostmourne.

The Helm was apparently more like a portal between world while Frostmourne holds souls power. (Kind of remembers me of Sylvanas "Hungering Darkness" quote)

It held souls and once destroyed even being from the same source, it had different ends.

Lich king without those powers from Frostmourne, was just someone that hold a helm between worlds, without a great power.

And i for sure always said Bolvar is not a right fit to fight Sylvanas, even less now she got overpowered.

Bolvar was more dead than alive when he took his role as Lich King.

"Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit."
    —The inscription on Frostmourne's pedestal"

A person like Arthas giving his full focus to wield this power, made him use it fully to it's potential, changing his spirit.

Something that never happened with Bolvar. Even the Helm having powers, it's incomplete without the runeblade.

The sword and helm came from someone that forged it and supposedly created by demons (Nathrezim) at Manual of monsters.
    I guess the Legion theme didn't finish yet. They say the Helm was made in Shadowlands. And Frostmourne by the Nathrezim.

Conclusion: Maybe the figure in the Maw is related somehow with the Legion too? Retcons are happening, so i like to think it had some connection that in the lore was never told, but doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Observations:
    Created in Shadowlands - Helm of Domination - Hold a division
    Created by Dreadlords - Frostmourne - Holds souls

Sylvanas said:
    Countless souls have been fed to the hungering darkness
    This only makes me think, this figure that is working with Sylvanas in the Maw, is something related to Legion too.
    And maybe related to the Necrolords of Maldraxxus too.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-19 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Player DKs are typically all third generation unless they're worgen. Then they're second generation because worgen are immune to becoming undead according to the Silverpine questline.
    Worgen are not immune, they are harder to be turned into undead. The Lich King is still strong enough
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ask_CDev#A...wers_-_Round_2

You don't go back from being a death knight .. Blizzard clearly made him one in the video and during the legion DK chain he seemed to be intimately familar with DK stuff. He certainly isn't the same as player characters though, but that is par for the course by now for lore characters.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Thanks so much! I never would have found it as I don’t click on the wowhead spoiler news
    Sorry if I had spoiled anything. There was another page just about those weapons, but I couldn't find it for some reason.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Sorry if I had spoiled anything. There was another page just about those weapons, but I couldn't find it for some reason.
    Yeah on my phone it was really easy to scroll past the broadcast text that was the spoilery part of the news post. I wish wowhead wouldn't do combo posts like that... or at least add spoiler tags like mmo champ can redact stuff or other forums can do spoiler blocks you have to click on.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    So... what is Highlord Darion Mograine, chopped liver?
    Exactly. They will prolly both have big roles.

Also this is easy! - Listen to his voice over in the Shadowlands features trailer - His voice does NOT have the DK effect that EVERY single DK (including players) has = Hes NOT a DK

Not sure if it classifies as a Death knight but he still has a fraction of the power he had while being the Lich King, this was mentioned by Blizzard.

I 'd like to know also if he retains his power somehow ... if he only got it from the Helm of Domination , which is gone now , but official artwork shows him in the LK armor still and wielding that hammer ... while ALSO we know he will be creating new DK 's in Shadowlands implies that he is doing this after losing the helm ...

I wonder? Perharps sitting on the throne infused him with power?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosen View Post
    He cannot make new Deathknights. The allied race DKs were raised before Sylvannas kicked his ass.
    Must have misread the introduction of the allied race DK's for it makes them sound like they've been raised to help dam the surging Scourge now that there was no controller.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    He's gonna be the reason why Death Knights are getting a fire-related ability in Shadowlands
    Wheres the proof of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    He's gonna be the reason why Death Knights are getting a fire-related ability in Shadowlands I'm guessing, or at the very least a glyph to change some frost skills into fire or something.
    We already have an Azerite trait or two for unholy that could easy go baseline(helchains). They could do a codex of xoroth type chain for frostfire appearance for frost DK.

Isnt he raising new death knights in shadowlands? Thats kinda Death Knight kind of thing