Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I still don't understand how we beat the legion

So you're telling me that a single spaceship, much smaller than the exodar, capable of housing at most a couple thousand soldiers just went onto the Legion home planet filled with milions of blood thirsty demons and we just kicked their asses?

- An army that numbers in the millions;
    - It is comprised of immortal creatures who can only die in a very specific dimension of the Cosmos;
    - Controls the most advanced technology in the Cosmos and can use the souls of their fallen enemies to vastly empower their war machines;
    - Is led by a myriad of powerful individuals - Sargeras, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan, Mannoroth, Kazzak, Mephistroth, Tichondrius, Talgath etc...
    - Transends realities;
    - Controls at the very least 10.000 planets scattered across the Cosmos;
    - Can assimiliate ANY mortal race, as any mortal can be turned into a Demon if they are infused with a large amount of Fel.

How was the argussian reach even alive? Isn't it like 25,000 years since Velen fled Argus? How in the world are they still a thing? Is the legion really that incompotent or is it just bad story telling? Hell I even heard the army of the light was on their last legs.

How?
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2019-11-19 at 03:51 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Yeah, it's just bad storytelling. That happens when you rush things. Blizz wanted to get rid of the Legion no matter what.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    So you're telling me that a single spaceship, much smaller than the exodar, capable of housing at most a couple thousand soldiers just went onto the Legion home planet filled with milions of blood thirsty demons and we just kicked their asses?

Like literally an entire planet full of fel reavers and space ships and legions upon legions of eredar steroided up on fel couldn't stop us? How was the argussian reach even alive? Isn't it like 25,000 years since Velen fled Argus? How in the world are they still a thing? Is the legion really that incompotent or is it just bad story telling? Hell I even heard the army of the light was on their last legs.

How?
    Chris Metzen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cena View Post
    Chris Metzen
    The guy, who retired in 2016, and before that was in charge of Overwatch development? Ok.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Well I guess with a

1 2 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 3 2 1 1 1, CR me please, a 1 1 1 2 3 1 1 2.....

Because we had something the Burning Legion didn 't have...

THE CHAMPIONS/ADVENTURES OF AZEROTH! ...with Artifact Weapons in tow

I think it 's worth noting that we did not completely obliterate all of the ranks of the Legion , just their homeworld armies and their upper leadership ... Sargeras , Kil 'jaedan, Archimonde, Tichondrius, Mannaroth, Gul 'dan are all dealt with.

There are still many, many, MANY more demons and mid-level demon leaders through out the galaxy ... I think for the time being , the Legion is in disorder and will not be able to be cohesive any time soon , effectively being " beaten " .... for now.

8.3 Azshara implies she is going to seek out the Burning Legion (Sargeras) again though
    Last edited by Yeti Glanchi; 2019-11-19 at 04:00 PM.

Final showdown with Legion always faced the problem of breaking the power scale considering how they were previously described in the lore and portrayed in War3.

You either had to make them dumb as a rock, which is what Blizz opted for, or think of a clever way to deal with them that doesn't necessarily entails exposing oneself to their full arsenal.

Precisely the reason why Legion's Legion doesn't feel like War3 Legion at all.

We just beat its brains. I expect they are reforming into an assortment of smaller factions now, similarly to how the Zerg separated under different leaders post-Kerrigan

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... mostly thanks to the Artifacts, though some of the different Order Halls show that we had way more power than what it was shown, i mean:

-The Demon Hunters were a really powerful faction against the Legion

-The Warlocks did took control of a small army of the demons that they could also easily ressurected over and over again (basically also getting an infinite army)

-The Death Knight also had an infinite army of sort, as they could keep bring stuff up over and over again (and had some powerful weapons -Undead Dragons-)

-Then we had the Paladins and the Priests, even if their orderhall were not as powerfull as those mentioned above, they did had an advantage in damage type (in the end, this 2 classes are experts when it comes to demons and undeads)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    We just beat its brains. I expect they are reforming into an assortment of smaller factions now, similarly to how the Zerg separated under different leaders post-Kerrigan
    Also this, that's why i imagine that, if any of the Order Halls is still operating at full capacity, it would be the Demon Hunters, as they do a lot of prey to hunt

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because we didn't take on the might of the Legion army head on. We sent a strike force to their home world and cut out their heart.

I am not saying the story doesn't have significant plot holes.

Well canon is they are now mortal after we defeated argus. Yeah it's a copout - surely the entire legion army could have stopped our argus invasion. But honestly everything illidan did like rip open a portal to argus and solo sargeras was way OTT, but how else were they supposed to get rid of demons as a main antagonist?

We didn't even defeat them.

A nice reminder of why the Legion story was garbage. It felt like they got downgraded because Blizzard ahd to move on to bigger villains to keep expansions rolling.

- It is comprised of immortal creatures who can only die in a very specific dimension of the Cosmos;
    - Controls the most advanced technology in the Cosmos and can use the souls of their fallen enemies to vastly empower their war machines;
    - Is led by a myriad of powerful individuals - Sargeras, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan, Mannoroth, Kazzak, Mephistroth, Tichondrius, Talgath etc...
    - Transends realities;
    - Can assimiliate ANY mortal race, as any mortal can be turned into a Demon if they are infused with a large amount of Fel.

How was the argussian reach even alive? Isn't it like 25,000 years since Velen fled Argus? How in the world are they still a thing? Is the legion really that incompotent or is it just bad story telling? Hell I even heard the army of the light was on their last legs.

How?
    Don't forget a fleet of magic space ships

Remember when Dalaran was getting stomped in deadwind pass above Karazhan by a bunch of Legion spaceships and then decided to teleport it TOWARDS the source of the enemy and that somehow solved the problem? Like what the actual shit?

- Transends realities;

How?
    You mean the good guys managed to save the world by overcoming incredible odds to defeat the bad guys?

This is probably the first time this has happened in all of storytelling ever and Blizzard should be ashamed to feed us something so utterly unlikely, incomprehensible and downright surprising.

7+ Year Old Account
    It also helped us the fact, that BL was showing their usual retarded cockiness and ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    We didn't even defeat them.
    Yes we did. We stopped their final Azeroth invasion, and took out their entire command, along with their God Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    Remember when Dalaran was getting stomped in deadwind pass above Karazhan by a bunch of Legion spaceships and then decided to teleport it TOWARDS the source of the enemy and that somehow solved the problem? Like what the actual shit?
    And how it doesn't make any sense? BL was attacking through the portal in Tomb of Sargeras. It was best strategy to fight them in that choke point.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-11-19 at 04:28 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

You forget we had Sylvanas. She can solo Segeras just like the lich king baby! Magic arrow bondage ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Argus Campaign was basically a covert mission with a small vanguard force staging an attack on the now-accessible Legion core-world. While the Legion forces, headed by Sargeras, were attacking Azeroth en masse the Vindicaar was collecting information and powerful artifacts (such as the Crown of the Triumvirate) to enable them to again entry to Antorus. Then the Azerothian vanguard blew open a backdoor into Antorus and a crack team of champions entered the structure to take down key Legion personnel (such as the Portal-Keeper Hasabel and the Coven of Shivarra), defeating an avatar of Aggramar as well as freeing the Pantheon from imprisonment. The Pantheon then provided us a way to imprison Sargeras, thus ending the Legion threat for the most part.

The Krokuul of Argus survived because it amused the Legion to use them as a slave labor, and without our presence they weren't a threat to the Legion hegemony in any way. It was short-sighted of the Legion in hindsight, but the actions of Illidan opening a vast portal and making Argus vulnerable wasn't something anyone could really predict (and it could've turned out badly in a lot of different ways). Ultimately, Sargeras' greed and the loss of the Legion's generals (Kil'jaeden and Archimonde) worked out in our favor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes we did. We stopped their final Azeroth invasion, and took out their entire command, along with their God Emperor.
    We didn't take out Sargeras.