View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Latest tory Scam. Pretend to be a fact checker

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tcheckuk-brand
    Not sure that team Tory need to scam anything with the remain side so divided, splitting the vote three ways and in disarray...

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 45% (+8)
    LAB: 27% (-)
    LDEM: 16% (-1)
    GRN: 3% (-)
    BREX: 2% (-7)

via @KantarTNS, 14 - 18 Nov

https://twitter.com/britainelects/st...10672815906822

Go Brexiteers!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's the only news worthy thing of the day. It will be fun to see the reaction to the Labour manifesto though whenever they choose to drop it whilst cries for the Cons to release their will be conspicuously absent for next 2 weeks if not until election day.

*Nevermind I was wrong, scrolling down the feed it turns out JC has just gotten a hair cut. No doubt as some kind of tribute to Stalin or...you know what I don't have the energy for this, I'll leave it to my betters in the Mail and the Express to work out what exactly was wrong with JCs hair in the debate and it's greater implications for how he will destroy the economy and read them in the headlines tomorrow.
    I'm sure comparing the centre-left to hardcore tankies will make you seem very sane and normal.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    [I]Westminster voting intention:

CON: 45% (+8)
    LAB: 27% (-)
    LDEM: 16% (-1)
    GRN: 3% (-)
    BREX: 2% (-7)
    That adds up to 93%

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    That adds up to 93%
    Missing out on SNP/Plaid/N.Ireland parties.

All it shows is that there's between 55-60% of people depending on polls who don't want to vote for a Brexit party (Aka Conservatives or Brexit party).

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Missing out on SNP/Plaid/N.Ireland parties.

All it shows is that there's between 55-60% of people depending on polls who don't want to vote for a Brexit party (Aka Conservatives or Brexit party).
    Will be interesting to see if Boris keeps banging on about his mandate from the British people if <50% of voters back a pro-Brexit party.

Will be interesting to see if Boris keeps banging on about his mandate from the British people if <50% of voters back a pro-Brexit party.
    I'll eat my hat if he doesn't. FPTP when as low as 30% can have you running around claiming you have will of the people behind you. In Northern Ireland, one MP got in with under 25% of the vote in 2015.

UK Democracy, not fit for 1800s let alone 2000s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slodgras View Post
    He posted a link you stupid little turd. Follow it. It is bad enough you are too fucking stupid to google anything, but even I didn't think you were too dumb to click on a link.
    Reading is hard it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I blame UK news getting too into US presidential election debates in the 2000s. Some people here crying that we need them here when PMQs are basically that on a weekly basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Latest tory Scam. Pretend to be a fact checker

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tcheckuk-brand
    The americanisation of British politics and media is something we need to fight bi-partisan, it servers neither the left or right in this country to descend into the quagmire of the American system.

That adds up to 93%
    7% didn't give a fuck to answer the poll.

It represents in a way the 40%+ of the UK who don't vote.

We haven't had a GE with over 70% turn out since 1997.

And we haven't had an election with over 80% turnout since 1951.

Half of labour's battle has always been getting people who don't like politicians or politics to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

There's nothing especially American about this. Disseminating misinformation has always been a Tory strategy. They were decades ahead of the Americans on this, re: baa baa black sheep.
    Baa baa black sheep Was tory properganda?

Not sure what the tory's had to do with the complaint against the medieval wool tax, considering they didn't exist at that point. But OK w/e.

Also is this soc account 12?

You should at least put some effort into the naming.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-20 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The americanisation of British politics and media is something we need to fight bi-partisan, it servers neither the left or right in this country to descend into the quagmire of the American system.
    Brotosh politics didnt need any help from America when it comes to being an unrepresentative quagmire of bullshit specifically designed to only ever serve a tiny section of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    Brotosh politics didnt need any help from America when it comes to being an unrepresentative quagmire of bullshit specifically designed to only ever serve a tiny section of the population.
    That's kind of what it was designed to be.
    People forget our system was ment do only a small handful of eligible voters. Just as the forget the American system was invented for only 13 states to have and equal say.

- - - Updated - - -

The Sun ran a story in the eighties about a school that banned the nursery rhyme because it was supposedly racist on orders from their lefty local council. The Sun made it up, the school didn't exist. This was a common tactic at the time.

So this fact check stuff is nothing. It is ironic to listen to people go on about fake news, it has always been here.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be obvious to you that I simply create a new id every day to avoid bullshit moderation. It takes 10 seconds, it is not a big deal or anything, get over it.
    But you do get moderated. All your posts get deleted from each account.

And that's a shit ton of effort for a gaming board with not very much political reach. Like, everything you say here is meaningless, I think most of us know and accept that we're just venting and not actually going to change any ones mind or anything politically on the wider scale.

It just looks like your one of those people who can't take no for an answer and can't stand that there's people who don't belive the same as you.

What will eventualy happen is you're ip will just get black listed. And vpns can only do so much as many VPN ips are already blacklisted, I know when I forget to turn off tunnel bear after watching supernatural on the cw site It comes up with a message on mmo champ that the ip is perma banned.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-20 at 12:24 PM.

I have no interest in what you believe. You are a tedious northern cliche.
    And that is why Scotland increasingly wants independance, why Welsh independance movment is growing. You southerners are the problem and why the UK is breaking up.

Yeah, "southerners". We are an amorphous group. Old Etonians are obviously identical in every way to benefit claimants, industrial workers and doctors because of which bit of the country they were born in.
    You have benifited massively, disproportunatly as the souther working class, in comparison to the north. From repeated goverment initiatives, and from the empire that mostly northern regiments and northern workers built.

The northern working class has always been seen and treated as lesser than the southern.

Just as our middle and upper class is seen as lesser than there southern counterparts.

Even now northern kids are told to change / hide there accents to get jobs.

You and your Etonians are all the same in turning a blind eye to the north, to our suffering in the ship yards and mines and then to our unemployment as you southerners took all the jobs away and centered everything in London.

This is why we have had enough of you and why we are using every vote as a chance to get back at you. You forget you have far more to lose than we do.

- - - Updated - - -

We are coming to claim your whippets and flat caps and pork scratchings. Be very afraid.
    You can use that hive mind to tell corbyn we don't appreciate a southern private school boy toff such as himself appropriating it to play working class dress up.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-20 at 01:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jeremy Corbyn , leader of the Labour party, is a remainer now? See I have those latest polls that are clearly for the remain side, Lib Dems and Greens, sitting at 19%. Everyone else either doesn't care or is for Brexit.

Less than 1 in 5 want to stay in the EU. An overwhelming majority for leave that, you can't spin it any other way.

Now let's get Brexit done, Vote Tory!
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Funtrus View Post
    You are not making a lot of sense. The region of the working class is irrelevant, they are treated with equal disdain regardless of their location. Do you think working in a chip in Plymouth is somehow superior to working in Leeds? How would that even work?

- - - Updated - - -

The southern working class stands to lose exactly the same as the northern working class.

Me personally, I'll probably benefit financially from a tory government, so you know well done for shooting yourself in the foot there.
    Considering Plymouth still has a damn dock yard yet ours got closed down Yes the southern working class do get treated less shit.

Yes and the Bristol docks have been idle for seven decades now and used to be the heart of the British shipbuilding industry. And as for the mines-southern mines were shut down in the 50's and 60's whilst the northern mines lasted well into the eighties. Your argument is retarded: very obviously the tories govern in the interests of class rather than region, there's a mountain of evidence supporting that, it is absurd to pretend otherwise.
    From : http://https://m.huffingtonpost.co.u...jURFbvYPqQCBfa
    northern cities and boroughs were losing £150 to £200 per head in 2011, while in the south-east, the West Country and the Midlands, the cuts ranged from £50 to zero.
    Death records, released this week, show that dying early is 20% more likely to happen if you live in the north of England. The gap is starkest amongst the young. History tells us the young, a more vulnerable target, have always been the hardest hit in times of poverty and deprivation. There were 29 per cent more deaths among 25-35 year olds in the north in 2015 and the number of premature deaths has risen sharply since the 90s. In 2017,

The south of England receives six times more per person for transport costs than the north

More than half of UK investment in transport is in London.
    study has found it would take something in the region of £700m to bridge the culture gap between north and south. Down there, you are significantly more likely to have access to arts and sports - two of the most powerful drivers of social mobility. Gifted to the south, held back from the north.
    A major report last year found that schools in the north are taking £900 less per pupil than those in the south, with northern children beginning to fall behind their southern counterparts by the age of five.
    No matter what you say there's more than enough studys and stats that show the north of England has always revived far far less and given far more than the South throughout England's history.

An old saying near me goes "what do you call a working class southerner?..... Middle class haha"

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Devils advocate

though I can see that it DEFINATLY had an effect on the brexit vote and we should hold a 2nd ref any way but especialy if Russian meddling was heavily involved (which imo is guaranteed, its fits there geopolitical aims to weaken the EU and UK and it was at the height of plaotical meddling by analytics company's anyway)

I'm struggling to see how it would effect Boris jhonsons rise to PM and the Conservatives winning as unlike America we have much more stringent election spending laws and non party campaign groups also need to be registered, further the Conservatives use single transferable vote (fucking sickens me that they use it but deny the people it for GE's) to elect there leaders and only Conservative MP's can vote, so unless Russia has alot of plants in Parliament already... Then im not certain what they can effect in regards to the Conservative party it's self.

As for the GE... I wouldn't be suprised of Corbyn's being paid to take a dive at this rate, bojo could do damn near anything and still get elected. Every time some one gets bojo by the short and curlys ms abbot seems to find her way in front of camera and blows any chance of lead up in a couple of stuttered sentences....

If any one lives in Norway, do you guys fancy retaking the north of England please. I know its been a while but we're ready to come home now.
    Thing is, Boris has already won the GE. Jeremy is way too far old-school socalist for middle-england to ever seriously concider voteing for labour.

Russia's backing of the tory party goes way beyond hard cash, Putin and his cronnies have swung western democracy on more than one occassion, and if you believe that their support comes without quid pro quo you have to be kidding yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    The North have long been forgotten by the Tories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The North have long been forgotten by the Tories.
    Yes but of their many sins this is probably not the one to go after them for.

After all, we're all trying to forget the North exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Your numbers exclusively covered what the North receives, you made no mention of what it contributes.

The North receives less of everything primarily because there are less people there. There are only 15 million in the North, almost half that of the South.

In terms net revenue (tax receipts-spending) the North is heavily subsidized by the Sotuh-East. London on average contributes £3000 per person after deductions, the North takes £3500. theguardian.com/business/2017/may/23/uk-budget-deficit-grows-to-more-than-10bn-as-people-spend-less

I don't have any issue with that situation, but it is clear your idiot northern regionalism has no basis in fact.

In any case, in the following election the only party that is going to spend more on the north is Labour: your comments make absolutely no sense in that context. You seem to want to punish Labour for trying to help you.
    most of those statistics where per head, per person. so it it is relative. our students get £900 less investment each than a southern student, the tory cuts were £150 to £200 per person compare to the south which was £50 per person.

the statistics are proportional.

london contributes and the north costs is only the situation of the post thatcher years, for over 2 century's it has been primarily the north that was the industry of the UK, London is now the money generator because thatcher decided it to be so and she took the jobs from the north.

as you cant seem to read the words "per person" in not sure what value you actually have in a conversation. the gap between the north and south, the north south wealth divide are well documented, well known and well proven.

labour has been elected many times in the last 100 years and each time they have done nothing to bring the north into equality with the south, were done, just as scotland was done with labour's bullshit and brought in the SNP, labour lost scotland and labour will lose the north, corbyn can choke on his honey were not buying it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yes but of their many sins this is probably not the one to go after them for.

After all, we're all trying to forget the North exists.
    and thats why Brexit happened, you gave the very angry people a chance to stick it to london and then they did. now were all trying to fix that shit as well as stop it happening again. if the south / london keeps ignoring the anger in the rest of the UK it will be the end of the UK and the end of England, mark my words.