Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    short term, I'm curious to see what's going to happen to each version of wow with the coming of 8.3 and then with the new raid opening.
    will classic pop stay stable, or will people flock back to retail?

and let me say, this is not trolling or whatever, since I'm not a "mainstream" player (I don't raid, I don't even dungeon, and I hate pvp, I just play for the story and see my differnts char & alts get stronger here & there ^^)
    I'm genuinely curious to see if there will be player migrations or not.

Pretty much. This goes back to even pre classic launch. This was the only pro bfa forum and anti classic forum then too, and the anti classic crowd is REALLY anti classic here for some strange reason

It is puzzling to see but this does feel like the last bastion of bfa players posting spot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Classic is already dead, and when it wasn't, it was mostly praised by the vocal minority.

But nice try.
    My server, Herod, has a higher population than any retail server by a factor of several times. Blizz themselves said wow classic tripled their subs over retail

But yea, it’s so dead.... lol. The delusion is strong in you. I bet you were saying classic was a mistake and people would be done in a month, right? We’re almost at Christmas and all the realms are full with queues

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    I mean it seems like every site other than mmo-champion is praising classic, and saying its the best game, however at mmo-champion its the complete opposite.
    There is no circlejerking points to get on MMO-C so not everything is PRO-Classic, simple as that.

Everytime there is a multiple hundred page long WorldFirstRace thread on MMO-C, similar postings on other platforms are downvoted out of the existence in favour of some furry-cosplay / classic-reaction-stream shit.

Some platforms attract twitch viewers more, so you get a lot of people not playing the game at all, but having fun with basicly trolling players.
    -

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Classic - I was there 15 years ago, never again

Retail - you can hate it, but Its still fun, and every X months new *content* and content. I hate changes they did, I hate grind, I hate azerite, and I am still subbed and I enjoy the game with friends and guild. I primary raid so I am satisfied and raids are better than every been.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    My server, Herod, has a higher population than any retail server by a factor of several times. Blizz themselves said wow classic tripled their subs over retail
    I'm curious how you could prove this? To have a factor of "several times" on a server like US -Illidan or US Malganis would be an amazing feat. Does that server still have a que of like 10,000 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm curious how you could prove this? To have a factor of "several times" on a server like US -Illidan or US Malganis would be an amazing feet. Does that server still have a que of like 10,000 or something?
    In the evenings, queue is still 2-4 hours long on weekdays. It is crazy.

I haven’t seen wow like this since wotlk

Pretty much. This goes back to even pre classic launch. This was the only pro bfa forum and anti classic forum then too, and the anti classic crowd is REALLY anti classic here for some strange reason

It is puzzling to see but this does feel like the last bastion of bfa players posting spot

- - - Updated - - -

But yea, it’s so dead.... lol. The delusion is strong in you. I bet you were saying classic was a mistake and people would be done in a month, right? We’re almost at Christmas and all the realms are full with queues
    Wow, a couple servers are populated, must mean it's the most popular game in the world

This was already debunked by another poster on the previous page, with a screenshot. I don't hate Classic, it has some good parts, but overall I prefer BfA. I don't like when fanboys try to twist facts in their favor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm curious how you could prove this? To have a factor of "several times" on a server like US -Illidan or US Malganis would be an amazing feat. Does that server still have a que of like 10,000 or something?
    His source is "dude trust me" (well, this guy wrote that Classic Onyxia was harder than mythic bosses). Anyway, a "high" pop server in Classic doesn't have the same meaning than in retail, so any comparison is impossible and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    There's reddit, wow forums, and u can even still see on reddit there's double the amount online on "classic wow reddit".
    Yea cos there's fek all to do in classic except read reddit

For such a lack luster game Classic WoW sure does earn a lot of ire from people that claim it is meaningless. That is how I spend my time.. posting and replying to things constantly that are meaningless and have no purpose. Right?

Right..

Just play the game you like. Or both. Get over the which is better QQ.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2019-11-21 at 02:41 PM.

Nah, most of the people who post on these forums just hate WoW and hate themselves because they can't stop being obsessed over it.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Dude u can't do that sorry, theres different caps on the realms, classic server have way higher caps.

And retail servers list population compared to each other, not overall population from the realm, so lets say retail had 1k players, then it would still list as many high realms because it compares to each other. Blizzard confirmed this, theres a link to an article from wowhead where they said they changed it for classic

Urgh, these "My e-peen is bigger than yours!!" threads should get the OPs infracted for baiting to stroke their little egos... damn forums is saturated with these attention whores.

even on mmo, it is 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    For such a lack luster game Classic WoW sure does earn a lot of ire from people that claim it is meaningless. That is how I spend my time.. posting and replying to things constantly that are meaningless and have no purpose. Right?
    I do find the whole thing a bit fascinating. I myself have no interest in classic, I didn't start playing til mid TBC and there are so many QoLs since then I can't imagine ever wanting to go back. But I don't really care about people who want to go back and live in the classic world. Some folks seem really invested in Classic failing. Maybe they feel classic is taking away from retail or afraid if Classic does well, then they'll make retail be more like classic.

Wow, a couple servers are populated, must mean it's the most popular game in the world

This was already debunked by another poster on the previous page, with a screenshot. I don't hate Classic, it has some good parts, but overall I prefer BfA. I don't like when fanboys try to twist facts in their favor though.
    There are different caps between servers of retail and classic. We know for a fact classic servers hold more because they themselves said so when discussing the layering and why they couldn’t remove it right away months ago.

Retail has split servers, cross realm, etc. take all that away and only count the actual servers population, and it’s clear classic is beating retail up and down

Per Blizz themselves, classic had 3x the amount of people subbed than retail (yea yea one sub but they know who’s on what).

Wow classic had the single biggest growth of a single launch in wow history. Not tbc, wotlk.. no single point in wow history brought as many players to the table as wow classic did. That’s blizzards own words

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Just play the game you like. Or both. Get over the which is better QQ.
    Its solid entertainment when you check some posters forum history!

Some people even here have YEARS of pro-classic postings and basicly hating everything in the current game just to post ONE-WEEK after the classic launch that they are done with this MMO and it was FUN but now they are DONE.

Campaining for Classic just to quit after a few hours of /played.
    -

Read my comment before using the picture u saw as argument, idk why so many retail get this bait?
    U know even if there were 1k retail players it would still list high on almost any realm :O, its because they use population compared to each other realm, so it doesn't look like players are leaving, they changed this in legion at end.

There are different caps between servers of retail and classic. We know for a fact classic servers hold more because they themselves said so when discussing the layering and why they couldn’t remove it right away months ago.

Retail has split servers, cross realm, etc. take all that away and only count the actual servers population, and it’s clear classic is beating retail up and down

Per Blizz themselves, classic had 3x the amount of people subbed than retail (yea yea one sub but they know who’s on what).

Wow classic had the single biggest growth of a single launch in wow history. Not tbc, wotlk.. no single point in wow history brought as many players to the table as wow classic did. That’s blizzards own words
    ????

Blizz never said classic had 3x the amount of people subbed than retail

Let me give u a source, so u can see how retail is labeled, SO U CANT USE THE REALM ARGUMENT EVER AGAIN.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...l-system/76968

"How it worked before this hotfix

As we explained here, the system previously calculated the population labels by comparing all realms to the most-populated realm. This could result in a very crowded realm (with a lengthy queue) showing up as “Medium”, since it was being compared to the realm that had the highest population and a potentially massive queue."

Blue-post.

This means in retail (as they changed this in classic), only shows based on most crowded server, so if most popular server have 5k players (which prolly is cap on retail), then a 3k player realm would be listed as full/high on retail.