Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Very disappointing.

P2 has been a huge disappointment. PvP system should have been released with release or max 1 month after release. Right now everyone is done with the PvE side of things. Everyone has their full prebis, everyone has farmed enough gold and mats to sing out the rest of the game. So nobody is left with anything to do. Then they release the PvP system and it's obvious what happens. All those people who had nothing to do now go out and do PvP. But at the same time, the world is also completely empty. There is no one going to instances, there is no one farming anything. So what do you do then? You all join up in big raids and fight each other at fixed locations.

That's not how Wpvp should have been. We needed Wpvp when there was still reasons to be out there in the world. It's sad that "World PvP" essentially means that the world has turned into a ghost town. All the popular farming spots are completely abandoned, all the paths to instances are completely clear. I would usually get more fun wpvp experiences before the pvp system on a single day, than I have in the entirety of P2.

And now blizzard is just trying to bandaid fix it. But that Wpvp, we'll never get it back.
    And here i sit, wondering for good 10 minutes, reading your post over and over and over again, what the F are you talking about?

Literally every day i spend either 1 hour of corpserunning before each MC, or ganking, depending on which faction "controls" the BRM entrance, I cannot get out of LHC without at least 20 kills/deaths... there is nowhere to farm in the outside world so I started farming lashers and herbs in DME because instance resets and no competition... I abandoned levelling my alt for now, because every major levelling/farming spot is so crowded you tag maybe 1 mob per 5 minutes...

Are you sure that you didnt leave some outdated private server in your settings? Or are you playing like 3am - 7am on an european server? Because i just cannot get around to understand your post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Angry? Bitter? Couldn't handle classic? I've been playing Classic since it launched, I'm STILL playing Classic. I'm also just being more honest than you are and recognizing that the population drop off is immense. Even more so than I expected it to be by this point.
    Show the proof.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    People subbed to reserve names on August 13th, they will keep dropping content around that date to maintain subs.
    Phase 3 Feb 2020, Phase 4 May 2020, Phase 5 Aug 2020 and then Phase 6 Nov 2020 are my guesses

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    This is over generalized and wrong. You sound like you log in for an hour once a week. Take a quick look around. Don't like what you see and log out. What goes on on your server, does not apply to every other server. My server is medium populated and there are plenty of people out in the world at farm spots. Plenty of groups doing higher 5 man dungeons. Plenty of wPvp groups. Pug MC / Ony groups. And more.

Sorry guys, people are still actively playing this game. It's not a flop yet.
    No idea what you're talking about. Maybe you're confusing classic with retail?

I actually played like 10 hours a day for the past week to try and get a good pvp standing. But the struggle to find people is real. Your only options are either to join a big zerg group farming ppl for +1 honor per kill, or camp at some really popular place like Diremaul and get about 10 hk per hour, mostly consisting out of hunters and mages going to solo farm the instances. Unironically the 10 hk an hour method gets you more honor but its incredibly boring. In fact it's so boring that I've decided to give up on trying for a high rank already and I'm going to level my alt instead.

Very disappointing.

P2 has been a huge disappointment. PvP system should have been released with release or max 1 month after release. Right now everyone is done with the PvE side of things. Everyone has their full prebis, everyone has farmed enough gold and mats to sing out the rest of the game. So nobody is left with anything to do. Then they release the PvP system and it's obvious what happens. All those people who had nothing to do now go out and do PvP. But at the same time, the world is also completely empty. There is no one going to instances, there is no one farming anything. So what do you do then? You all join up in big raids and fight each other at fixed locations.

That's not how Wpvp should have been. We needed Wpvp when there was still reasons to be out there in the world. It's sad that "World PvP" essentially means that the world has turned into a ghost town. All the popular farming spots are completely abandoned, all the paths to instances are completely clear. I would usually get more fun wpvp experiences before the pvp system on a single day, than I have in the entirety of P2.

And now blizzard is just trying to bandaid fix it. But that Wpvp, we'll never get it back.
    You're full of bullshit man. Everything you said was wrong. I'm running a lot of dungeons everyday. Reason why I'm not farming in the open world is because ill get ganked. Yes I dont like it but it is great that Blizzard gave us the same world war phase as in vanilla and decided to make it last only a month as they know it is crazy. I will resume doing everything once BG comes out.
    Until then, for the last 2 weeks I have been farming strong pvp gear (frost + shadow resist) and engineering items and all. Getting ready for this war that is going on. I'll soon go out with my friends and defend people in need of help.
    Honestly I hated the beginning of this phase because I was stubborn and wanted to keep farming my shits. People have to realise that this month, is a month where you stop doing all your farming shit, and spend time with your friends (in group) fighting the war.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    You're full of bullshit man. Everything you said was wrong. I'm running a lot of dungeons everyday. Reason why I'm not farming in the open world is because ill get ganked. Yes I dont like it but it is great that Blizzard gave us the same world war phase as in vanilla and decided to make it last only a month as they know it is crazy. I will resume doing everything once BG comes out.
    Until then, for the last 2 weeks I have been farming strong pvp gear (frost + shadow resist) and engineering items and all. Getting ready for this war that is going on. I'll soon go out with my friends and defend people in need of help.
    Honestly I hated the beginning of this phase because I was stubborn and wanted to keep farming my shits. People have to realise that this month, is a month where you stop doing all your farming shit, and spend time with your friends (in group) fighting the war.
    Lmao, where are you farming that u get ganked?

Elementals in EPL are empty, elementals in sirithus are empty, elementals and devilsaurs in ungoro are empty, satyr's in felwood are unfarmed for felcloth. At most you find 1 dude at the water elementals in felwood. The winterfall village? Empty.

And yeah people still run dungeons, I see about 1 or 2 groups going to a dungeon over an entire day of ganking.

Maybe if you went out in the world like I do instead of cowering in ur capital city cause of things u read on the internet you'd know.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2019-11-21 at 04:29 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Show the proof.
    The proof that the population drop off was immense? Unless you play on one of the streamer servers it's pretty obvious. The only time it's alive on Twitch is when Asmon is streaming and that's more about his fans than it is about the game. As the population keeps dropping Blizzard will keep deviating from the original plan to try to keep the game active longer.

Personally I've done some PvP since the PvP system update, and I'll do some more PvP with battlegrounds most likely, but other than that it's just login one night to raid and logout at this point.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The proof that the population drop off was immense? Unless you play on one of the streamer servers it's pretty obvious. The only time it's alive on Twitch is when Asmon is streaming and that's more about his fans than it is about the game. As the population keeps dropping Blizzard will keep deviating from the original plan to try to keep the game active longer.

Personally I've done some PvP since the PvP system update, and I'll do some more PvP with battlegrounds most likely, but other than that it's just login one night to raid and logout at this point.
    I personally don't feel that Twitch views are a realistic metric to use to determine how many people are actually playing the game. What i'm looking for would be a server population chart from launch to now. Sadly though, this is something that is currently not available as far as I know. Apparently, Blizz did something that jacked up the census apps.

I personally don't feel that Twitch views are a realistic metric to use to determine how many people are actually playing the game. What i'm looking for would be a server population chart from launch to now. Sadly though, this is something that is currently not available as far as I know. Apparently, Blizz did something that jacked up the census apps.
    People usually feel that way when it doesn't support their case. Trust me, if a person was making a case that 'game x' is great and it was getting a 'billion' views it would be brought up without a doubt. But if the case for 'game x' is that it is bad views suddenly become a shit metric.

Now to pretend you can pull exact figures would be nutty. But I noticed people, sometimes the same people, will die on a twitch hill when it supports them and suddenly pretend it doesn't exsist when it doesn't at best. Or at worst attempt to discredit it. The best example is usually in the same posts here. Say twitch views don't matter when talking about Classic but then follow it up with BFA did good on twitch when it launched type of statement. Its like... if views don't matter...

Lmao, where are you farming that u get ganked?

Elementals in EPL are empty, elementals in sirithus are empty, elementals and devilsaurs in ungoro are empty, satyr's in felwood are unfarmed for felcloth. At most you find 1 dude at the water elementals in felwood. The winterfall village? Empty.

And yeah people still run dungeons, I see about 1 or 2 groups going to a dungeon over an entire day of ganking.

Maybe if you went out in the world like I do instead of cowering in ur capital city cause of things u read on the internet you'd know.
    Are you playing the same game as me? Man if you start farming anything, you will get ganked non-stop. Try to level mining from 250-300, you will find 2 gankers for every mining node you find. That was in Silithus, Winterspring, Burning steppes, Un goro. Farming timbermaw in felwood is also garanteed ganking within 5mins. There are tons of gankers running around the farming spots just to farm kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    People usually feel that way when it doesn't support their case. Trust me, if a person was making a case that 'game x' is great and it was getting a 'billion' views it would be brought up without a doubt. But if the case for 'game x' is that it is bad views suddenly become a shit metric.

Now to pretend you can pull exact figures would be nutty. But I noticed people, sometimes the same people, will die on a twitch hill when it supports them and suddenly pretend it doesn't exsist when it doesn't at best. Or at worst attempt to discredit it. The best example is usually in the same posts here. Say twitch views don't matter when talking about Classic but then follow it up with BFA did good on twitch when it launched type of statement. Its like... if views don't matter...
    I am fortunately not one of those people. I don't base the success of fall of games off of streamers.

I am fortunately not one of those people. I don't base the success of fall of games off of streamers.
    The good news is my post didn't say that.

Really a streamer is just a form of media and like all forms of media it can be manipulated by dollars or the hope of dollars. Just like magazines, websites, YouTube channels, and any inbetween. The only advantage to viewing a stream to judge a games if you get actual game footage of the game. Which makes it a good way to make a self judgement on a game without you or someone you know buying it first. Or I guess stealing it if you are into that.

So I wouldn't use a streamers word alone to buy a game. But I might watch to see if I like it and then listen to the person talk about it as they play. As much as its pretty dumb to blindly follow and listen to a streamer.. I would have to say it's equally as dumb to blindly judge, dismiss or hate them just because.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You are confused. You are talking about the PS players. Retailers in Classic are there to have fun while there is downtime in Retail. PS players are there to consume at speed.
    No? what you call pserver players i call not just that. But just rushers. Each to their own, you can call them that. I call them rushers. No confusion here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    No? what you call pserver players i call not just that. But just rushers. Each to their own, you can call them that. I call them rushers. No confusion here at all.
    Yet you referenced retailers In your second sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Nice, haven't been playing alot because of the world pvp camping/harrasment. Now I can enjoy some bgs!

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Nice, haven't been playing alot because of the world pvp camping/harrasment. Now I can enjoy some bgs!
    Me too, and i wait Alterac to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Yet you referenced retailers In your second sentence.
    So what? i call things what i call them. Stop taking things i say so literally dude...

Very disappointing.

I don't know if it was your intention, but it sounds like you just wanted to be able to gank people.

Pretty much all people were raving about was the big organised pvp events that happened in vanilla...now we're complaining about them?