Utah Woman Charged With Lewdness After Being Topless In Her Own Home

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/21/78170...n-her-own-home
    A Utah woman has been charged with lewdness in her own home after her stepchildren walked into the room and saw her bare chest.
    Buchanan and her husband had been installing drywall in the garage and had taken off their shirts that were itchy from the fibers, she told The Salt Lake Tribune.
    Though her husband was similarly clad, he was not charged with a crime.
    If convicted, Buchanan faces imprisonment, fines and the requirement to register as a sex offender for 10 years.
    In February, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a federal judge's ruling that an ordinance in Fort Collins, Colo., banning women from being topless in public was unconstitutional. Fort Collins decided not to appeal the court's decision, after spending more than $300,000 to defend its ban.
    read more

another source: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/09/...tah-woman-was/

I think the charge will probably get dismiss since a federal judge ruled that banning women from being topless was unconstitutional.

Since the state of Utah made it somewhat illegal for women to be topless around children, what's your thoughts on women being topless when there could be children (your's or not) expose to it?
    Last edited by beevme; 2019-11-22 at 02:46 AM.

Jesus Christ, of course I'm not OK with this.

I once walked into a room where my uncle was changing, I saw his bits and everything. He quickly covered himself, and these days we laugh about it. I can't even imagine him facing punishment for that shit.

This is a stupid crime.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, it shows how far NPR has fallen.

And that small governments, can be quite becky and tyrannical.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by beevme View Post
    Since the state of Utah made it somewhat illegal for women to be topless around children, what's your thoughts on women being topless when there could be children (your's or not) expose to it?
    If you're in your own home, nobody has a right to demand that you cover yourself up as long as you're not flaunting yourself through the windows.

Ridiculous it can get you labeled as a sex offender to be naked in your own home.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can maybe make a case for this if they're visible from the street through a window, and your jurisdiction is puritanically ridiculous enough to ban women being topless in the first place.

Your own kids, just catching a glimpse in your own home? Fuck right off. This is a busybody ex-wife using whatever bullshit she can scrape up to take a shot at the new stepmom who replaced her.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If you're in your own home, nobody has a right to demand that you cover yourself up as long as you're not flaunting yourself through the windows.

Ridiculous it can get you labeled as a sex offender to be naked in your own home.
    I don't even care if it's through windows. People should just not look into people's houses.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Lemme guess, charges were filed by the ex?

*reads article*

Yep, bitch of an ex-wife being a bitch.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

wait, if women can't be topless around children then how can they breastfeed babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    If anything, it shows how far NPR has fallen.

And that small governments, can be quite becky and tyrannical.
    reporting the news now is them "falling"??

Ex-wife probably got mad when her daughter asked her why her boobs were saggy unlike her stepmom's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to prison and registering as a sex offender for having her tits out.

Awesome. Typical Utah.

I've never understood this nation's hysteria about the female breast. Or anything related to sex for that matter. Women have breasts. People have sex. Penises and vaginas are a part of our bodies. Grow the fuck up and get over it. No kid's going to be harmed because he saw a breast.

Anyone here remember the 2004 Superbowl where the US almost had a moral panic over Janet Jackson's pasty-covered breast? This is the idiotic shit I'm talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    wait, if women can't be topless around children then how can they breastfeed babies?
    Logic is not a part of the American body shaming hysteria.
    Putin khuliyo

read more

I think the charge will probably get dismiss since a federal judge ruled that banning women from being topless was unconstitutional.

Different law, different state; this woman would have to challenge the constitutionality of the ordinance she is being charged under, which she is, but it doesn't fall under the same precedent.

I get the general purpose of the law but it's pretty stupid.

Sex offender, the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one correct outcome. This needs to make it to the US Supreme Court, where it should be slammed in the most sarcastic possible terms, in a unanimous decision, delivered -- while the Justices are clad only in shorts and shower shoes -- by RBG! That would probably make the issue go away for the next hundred years or so.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

What a failure of our justice system to allow this to happen. People taking advantage of being able to sue anyone for anything need to be put behind bars. How can this lead to 10 years as a sec offender? What a fucking joke. What does the husband /kids have to say about this?

read more

Didn't you know that its a law now that prohibits someone to be naked in their own home?:P

heaven forbid some glancing neighbor try to look for a neighbor in the buff
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

This is just sad and bad. I mean she was in their home. I think the state need to amend their law.

5+ Year Old Account
    This sort of topic isn't appropriate for discussion. This will be closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."