Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Markco23 View Post
    It screws people over for playing solo.

You cannot do instances, level effectively, raid or pvp consistently solo.

Newer games today cater to allowing people to play solo as an option, but even that isn't available in wow.

Yes, some classes can play solo, but they are the exception and cannot get raid loot if they spend all day ganking in iron forge while stealthed.\

What is wow's philosophy today?

"You can raid solo in shadowlands."
    numbers out there suggest 90% drop off after 3 months.

"succesfull" indeed -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It just shows how you fundamentally fail to see the argument i'm making.

Someone who's willing to play with other people in a non automatically assigned fashion (=LFR; Dungeon Finder) should have better gear than someone who avoids any sort of content that requires interaction with other people.
    And thats the case in retail... someone whos running mythic+ dungeons and/or heroic/mythic raiding is going to have better gear than someone only running heroic/mythic 0 dungeons and/or LFR...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yes but retail doesnt need grouping. You can easly finish game solo without talking to anyone which is exactly why classic is better mmo game.
    Ugh, doing group content on retail is actually enjoyable. Interacting with other players on retail is enjoyable. Doing group content with other players on classic is PITA. Same goes with player interaction, aka "shit i hope he'll fuck the right off because i spend an hour farming yeti for fur quest", or "GO AWAY IT'S OUR DEVILSAUR SPOT".

Yeah, in general, on classic group content is something you have to do, it's not something you like doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And Wow classic/vanilla screws you over for playing as a group for questing since you need to twice or thrice the numbers of quest items.

Try harder next time.
    But you kill mobs twice or thrice as fast.

Try harder next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Wrong.
    Ilvl for ilvl there is not a lot of difference for most specs regardless of stats. Saying that raid gear is twice as good as non raid gear is laughable especially when there are 3 to 4 items that are 425 that are bis for almost all dps. You don't even have to be lucky. Mythic raiders know this. Lfr people know this. BFA has turned the gearing process into a joke. You can get comparable or better than heroic raid gear solo. You can get some bis gear solo. Maybe op is right. It's not the only reason imo, but what is the point of raiding if you've cleared it once and finding people to do content is a huge struggle? Normal is too easy and heroic just brings bads looking for a carry.
    You can roll a mage and literally buy 4-5 BiS items from AH. Then you solo sunken temple for + frost damage bracers/gloves (can't even remember which one is it) and you are done. Talk about gearing process being a joke. It was always a joke.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I play Classic a few hours almost everyday and after 3 months there are still people in these threads trying to tell me it is (was?) just nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    numbers out there suggest 90% drop off after 3 months.
    I'd love to see source these 'numbers'.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "succesfull" indeed -_-
    Yes. Even Blizzard admited that it is succesfull but you probably know it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You can roll a mage and literally buy 4-5 BiS items from AH.
    Not true.

Then you solo sunken temple for + frost damage bracers/gloves (can't even remember which one is it) and you are done.
    You mean... like this try hard guy who did it almost 1200 times?
    Yeah... sounds pretty simple...

Talk about gearing process being a joke. It was always a joke.
    Again not true.

I'm pretty sure you can level quite effectively solo both in retail and Classic.

As for the rest of the list, you can't really solo those in retail either.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    But you kill mobs twice or thrice as fast.

Try harder next time.
    But there are NOT 3 times as many mobs.

TrY hArDeR nExT tImE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Not true.
    And what exactly stops you from buying 2 freezing bands, tailoring robe, elemental mage staff and bracers? For arguments sake, let's throw in a whole bunch "of frozen wrath" gear, like a wand, a cape, a headpiece. Boom, raid-ready as soon as you dinged and spent big on AH and can start replacing your quest/dungeon items with raid epics. It won't take that long, because you already bought 4-5 of your BiS shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    You mean... like this try hard guy who did it almost 1200 times?
    Yeah... sounds pretty simple...
    Statistically irrelevant, there are more players who got that drop after deciding to farm it, than just that one guy.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    But there are NOT 3 times as many mobs.

TrY hArDeR nExT tImE
    If you run out of mobs to kill, you're doing it wrong. You don't have to just kill quest mobs, all mobs rewards EXP. This is where most people got stuck while leveling at Classic launch, thinking they had to kill quest mobs only.

- - - Updated - - -

And what exactly stops you from buying 2 freezing bands, tailoring robe, elemental mage staff and bracers? For arguments sake, let's throw in a whole bunch "of frozen wrath" gear, like a wand, a cape, a headpiece. Boom, raid-ready as soon as you dinged and spent big on AH and can start replacing your quest/dungeon items with raid epics. It won't take that long, because you already bought 4-5 of your BiS shit

Statistically irrelevant, there are more players who got that drop after deciding to farm it, than just that one guy.
    Good luck not going oom with a bunch of frozen wrath gear, mate.

Also thinking you can just buy all that crap is rather amusing. You find your self with several thousand gold? The time you'd spend grinding that, could be spent grinding dungeons. Either way - you'll have to grind for hours upon hours to get anywhere.

I honestly don't even know what your point is.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

And what exactly stops you from buying 2 freezing bands
    I've just checked and on my server there is ONE of them currently on AH for... 750g.
    Good luck buying two... and having 1500g just after finishing your leveling.

tailoring robe
    It's 200-300g so not that bad... but you also have to be a tailor.

elemental mage staff and bracers?
    None of these are not even pre-BiS.

For arguments sake, let's throw in a whole bunch "of frozen wrath" gear, like a wand, a cape, a headpiece. Boom, raid-ready as soon as you dinged and spent big on AH and can start replacing your quest/dungeon items with raid epics. It won't take that long, because you already bought 4-5 of your BiS shit
    You clearly have no idea about Classic itemization... and problems with seeing differences between pre-BiS and BiS.

Not true.
    Chance to drop exaclty this item in less than 0.1%.

Because there are very few welfare and participation trophies and effort actually results in a tangible rewards, unlike the retail.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

It screws people over for playing solo.
    And that makes is a successful MMO? Why?

That is the same in mainline. You can level solo in both btw. I leveled solo 15 years ago when Classic was current and I still level solo. Instances and raiding is not possible solo in mainline either, and if you want to achieve anything, neither is PvP.

Newer games today cater to allowing people to play solo as an option, but even that isn't available in wow.
    There's plenty of stuff to do as a solo player. What do you mean by this?

Yes, some classes can play solo, but they are the exception and cannot get raid loot if they spend all day ganking in iron forge while stealthed.
    Uhm, right, so same as in mainline?

What is wow's philosophy today? "You can raid solo in shadowlands."
    No you can't. Where did you get this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I leveled effectively. 9 days /played solo 60. I also managed to solo most of the dungeons and bosses until level 50 or so as a Rogue. Careful planning of profession/potion uses and CDs made it pretty easy. Most bosses in dungeons have same HP as trash, sometimes less, until level 50 or so. The occasional boss that actually had more were the few I couldn't solo. Overall, it was super effective for me. No loot competition and tons of gold from vendoring. PvP as a Rogue is also incredibly consistent solo. I win 99.99% of my fights--not sure how that isn't "effective."
    WTF?! Solo dungeons as a rouge? What when your 20 levels higher?

Also, TIL that 9 days /played is considerd effective leveling by some. Myself i was dissapointed when i just barely missed my 6days goal by an hour and a half on my rogue.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I leveled effectively. 9 days /played solo 60. I also managed to solo most of the dungeons and bosses until level 50 or so as a Rogue. Careful planning of profession/potion uses and CDs made it pretty easy. Most bosses in dungeons have same HP as trash, sometimes less, until level 50 or so. The occasional boss that actually had more were the few I couldn't solo. Overall, it was super effective for me. No loot competition and tons of gold from vendoring. PvP as a Rogue is also incredibly consistent solo. I win 99.99% of my fights--not sure how that isn't "effective."
    This is probably biggest lie i've ever read on this forum, lol.

I'll give you some of the reasons my friends play it:
    1. gold making - one of them profited off the gold being more expensive than an euro at the start of Classic; it's amazing how many people buy gold and boosts in Classic ("enjoy the journey!")
    2. WoW but no mechanics - I have two friends who play WoW and WoW alone; these people genuinely enjoy not having to worry about much; if they die because of too many mobs or aggro, it's "normal"; they don't have to worry about making a mistake and messing up the timer for the whole group like they would in a M+.
    3. reliving memories - a few of them are remembering how it was; they can stand the annoyances because they're making fun of them (it took me half a day to get there and back, remember it was like that all the time? so funny)
    4. taking a break - one of them took a break and couldn't find a spot in a Mythic guild; went to WoW Classic to fill up time; raided there for a while, got in some classic loot drama and went back

I'm sure there are loads of reason. I myself didn't get past lvl 13 so I can only wager a guess as to why other people like it. For example, I'm sure some people like it because they WANT to like it (because it had talent trees of old and whatever else).
    Don't forget, this isn't a typical MMO situation, because it's not new. This is actually an interesting phenomenon because you can't know what the fate of this game would have been if it was a brand new game and not a revival.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-11-25 at 09:54 AM.

I don't think it really matter which version of the game was the best because in the end its fleeting, no expansion was designed to last forever. no matter how good classic maybe at some point in time, there won't be anything left to do so it will have to move on or stagnate. the game didn't have wide spread t3 and pvp with most ppl using t3 that never happened. when it does happen, the low bracket entry pvp will be impossible, alt pvp will be not difficult but impossible anyone coming into the game at that point will just be fodder, its not going to get better over time only worst, its not going to bring ppl into it that aren't already in it. long term wide spread t3 is going to be the nail that seals this coffin. hopefully by that point the option to move on to tbc exists if it doesn't, then obviously ppl are just gunna not log in. if the game doesn't eventually move on the players will, even if its to another game.

i'm sure progressing through classic will be fun up until its not, the point at which most ppl are running around in aq40 gear and t3 is pretty much the beginning of the end. in the same way that most ppl running around in t6 would be the end of tbc. none of these singular expansions can carry on indefinitely without content and with everyone geared to the eyeballs.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-11-25 at 10:10 AM.

It's funny how some people think they have the right to dictate whether somebody playing an MMO ought to have a large social group they play with. Just because you think it's the right way to play doesn't make it so. Classic is an inferior version of the game that was only created and exists because of nostalgia. Let's see the size of the numbers a year after Naxx has been released.

I think you're missing my point here... vanilla wow does not cater to solo play at all, whereas modern wow bends over backwards to make it possible to have zero people on your friends list, have no guild and still be nearly as good as those raiding in mythic.
    It does not cater to solo play, yes. Yet most people don't seem to be there for "end game" either (which is usually group content). The majority of my friends who play aren't even 60 yet. I think only 3 of them are. It's like this slow-ass leveling game, mostly solo, with some dungeons once in a while for them.
    And I think this kind of thing should be boring. I tried it and I wanted to gouge my eyes out - if I had leveled with a friend I'm sure I would have gotten much further. But apparently, it's not boring to a lot of people.
    Then again I don't get people who play MMOs for solo experiences either, so I don't get a lot of things. Humans are amazing creatures.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think you're missing my point here... vanilla wow does not cater to solo play at all, whereas modern wow bends over backwards to make it possible to have zero people on your friends list, have no guild and still be nearly as good as those raiding in mythic.
    Nothing is true in this statement. Stop trolling, thanks.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.