Poll: Which expansion did you play the least?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    most likely BfA, but i think that Legion is close.. last three expansions were all bad, but i'd say i played the least amount of time in BfA

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it's MoP.

Not because I didn't like it. In fact I regret not playing it. But in Cataclysm I burned out so hard that around the time of the Firelands raid I quit WoW, and it wasnt until halfway through MoP that I returned, and when I did return I just leveled up my main to max and left again still keeping subbed until WoD when I returned a more casual player, unlike Vanilla - Cata where I was a hardcore raider.

I regret never playing MoP, as it ended up being a fan favourite among many fans and I see lots of praise for it considering how badly it was received before it's launch.

Its one of the reasons I hold Cata in contempt of being the worst expansion, not only did I hate mostly everything about Cata but it also made me give up on WoW and miss MoP and return in WoD... Fuck you Cataclysm :P

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP. Played one week while it was free like 2-3 weeks prior to WoD release.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the last patch wasn't cut, a middle patch was. Archimonde was always going to be the final boss of WoD, there was meant to be a middle patch with a raid in Shattrath I believe. in terms of raids and content, WoD was actually quite good - we just needed a bit more of it.
    My thoughts as well. I took a big break from WoW all the way from 4.3 until the tail end of WoD (I think I bought it for like $10 kek), and for all of its flaws (time travel shenanigans, garrisons, flight debacle, mass pruning Take 1, etc.) the content was really good imo. BRF and HFC are cool raids, visuals are neat (love Talador and SMV redux) and my Mage played MUCH better than its Legion/BfA iterations.

The one big problem was all the cut off content. If Farahlon, Zangar Sea and especially the Shattrath raid hadn't gone just *poof*, I think WoD would have been way more appreciated in hindsight. I will never understand WTF was happening at Irvine back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Probably BFA, and not because it hasn't played through yet. The game just isn't fun enough to keep me interested and playing. Just a constant grind. I will go through phases where I max out reps for flying or allied races, and I'll play the allied races (sometimes level them to 110 for the armor and so on), but beyond that there's nothing but endless world quest grinds and relatively boring raid content (not saying that raids are boring, but BFA's raids have been disappointing in my biased opinion).

Maybe 8.3 will turn things around, but the only thing that keeps me playing in BFA at all are the allied races. Were it not for that I may have skipped the entire expansion after playing through the initial story, and maybe after experiencing the full story after the final patch--and I would have been disappointed. They really did a bad job this time around.

The only thing that's been fun for me at all has been... surprisingly, Mechagon. I hope they include more content like that in the future, and less content like Naz'jatar. Well, maybe 8.3 will provide some compelling content, but it's just too soon to say.

Hell, even in WoD, the game kept me interested enough to raid on alts because there were interesting things to work torwards (legendary ring, etc) and the Garrisons provided a good source of gold. TBH, WoD was the only expansion where I actually enjoyed farming gold because of how easy it was to take advantage of daily cooldowns. And I hated garrison chores like the lumber mill and the barn... I just bought materials and crafted with them, and did follower missions with the help of an addon to maximize returns. I did this on all my alts, and frankly the story from 90-100 where you would upgrade your garrison and outposts was fun for me. It's just the endgame that was garbage, and yet I found ways to work around it.

Cataclysm was probably my second least played, and it was just boring. Furthermore the raiding was very counter intuitive and after I burned out on trying to raid I ended up just stopping playing. The new races at least were both ones I really liked, so that kept some interest, but their decision to change from "anyone can pug raids" to "only serious guilds can raid" and "5 mans are now tedious for everyone, especially if you have bad players" burned me out fast.

WotLK, Mists, TBC, vanilla (for it's time), and to an extent Legion all kept my interest for the most part and I have no real criticism for them. They weren't perfect, but they were more than good enough to keep me playing.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2019-11-25 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleloron View Post
    I’m still amazed to see the hatred for Cataclysm, an expansion that I throughly enjoyed. I absolutely love Vash’jr and I cannot wait until I can level my alts from 1-60 in that zone!
    I've always thought cata was one of the best expansions. It's really only on this forum I see people complain about it. Agree about Vashj'ir as well.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I bite.

There is no fucking way you were having an xls sheet up, logging in when you played and totalling the hrs played. No way.
    the only way it would've been hard to know in which expansion you had the least amount of hours played is if you played every single expansion a lot, but some people were quitting during certain expansions, some because they didn't like it, some for other reasons.. i'd say this is the case for most people, most people will quit something they don't find fun, or at least play less, so it's not that hard to realize which expansion was your least played one

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    WoD - Not because it was bad, but because I had just moved overseas and had other priorities.
    This is example of why using a poll like this as a pseudo critique of BfA (or any other expansion) is utterly irrelevant.

I stopped playing in cata, resubbed very briefly in WoD and Legion (maybe 1 month in each) then properly re-subbed and played actively in Bfa. My absences had more to do with priorities outside of the game than the game's quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion.

Not because of the quality of the expansion itself though. Most of my friends quit about halfway through WoD after playing pretty much all the way through from Vanilla. We all came back for about a month at the start of Legion then bailed until about a month before BfA, so about 2 months in legion. BfA everyone stuck around longer before quitting again so I have around 3 months so far and will probably resub near the end again.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I bite.

There is no fucking way you were having an xls sheet up, logging in when you played and totalling the hrs played. No way. Also...you constantly make threads how "insert current x-pac is the most shit of them all"

But I bite. By just magically remembering everything in the last 15 years...it was Cataclysm....followed by WoD where I mainly logged in to check my mission tables on tons of alts that did zero after reaching max...other than make gold
    250 other posters had no issue figuring it out. Maybe it's not so hard to figure out after all.

I probably played MoP the least. The release of the game just didn't hook me in and I never really resubbed and stayed for long. I had nothing against the panda theme which is the usual complaint, I just didn't feel like playing it. In hindsight, the throne of thunder looks great and probably was a lot of fun. The siege of orgrimmar looks fun too. I'll definitely give the expansion an honest attempt if a "MoP classic" comes out.

I feel compelled to say that even though I played MoP less than BfA, BfA is far worse. I don't know what kept me playing it for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    People are so stupid... You can't even put WoD in the same category as the others. It's the only one that was so bad that the last patch was completely cut and the next expansion was released early. Dislike Cata and BFA as much as you want, WoD was objectively the worst expansion to date and by a calendar mile.

As far as least played for myself - also WoD. MoP came close, but at least ToT patch kept me around for a bit.
    WoD was so bad that it:

- Was significantly late
    - Shipped broken and pretty much unplayable. Took me 10 days to get to 100, and that wasn't due to lack of trying. Instanced bottlenecks aside, the lag was so huge that all mobs in zones were constantly phased out for hours, along with most other players. This was on Silvermoon at least. Worst launch ever, by great leagues.
    - Had entire raid tier along with pretty much half the expansion features cut and canned.

But, having said that, it also had something:

- The questing and zones were good, once they actually started working. For someone who hates leveling, for the first time in decade it didn't feel miserable.
    - The dungeons were great. To this day some of my favourites in the game.
    - The raids that did come out were also great, except I wasn't fan of highmaul for whatever reason.
    - The overall storyline with the legendary and all I found enjoyable. Big improvement over MoP story and cloak.
    - Timewalking

BFA: What's there to say? I liked haunted manor dungeon. That's all the positives I'm able to conjure up. The expansion is trash. I mean non scrappable trash. Now, I never thought Blizzard could possibly pull something worse than WoD, after having seen the disaster it generally was, but I have to admit I was wrong when they proved me wrong, AGAIN (I said the same thing back in Cata, and WoD followed way too soon). WoD objectively the worst? Perhaps so, but subjectively it had at least something. It had many enjoyable things even, despite being the most content lackluster expansion to date. Same can't be said for BFA.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2019-11-25 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

WoD. I stopped playing after two weeks and unsubbed. Came back for Legion.

Probably BfA for me. It was extremely evident with Azerite gear. Got a 435 WF Azerite Gear? AWESOME! Oh wait, complete WRONG traits, try again next week! The time played metric schemes are so evident in BfA that it makes me sick.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be really neat if we could see our /played time in how many days in any given expansion.

I joined in Jan 2008 and never really quit during TBC because TBC was perfect.
    I played all of WotLK except a little part during the Argent Tournament, came back and joined the raid guild I always thought seemed really cool. Got so damn close to Light of Dawn pre-patch. At least I got to be a part of Yogg 0 25 man though, that was intense.
    I played the first part of Cata, but quit only a few weeks into the Firelands patch, because of how big of a let-down it was. I came back for like a weekend when the "Scroll of Resurrection" system was briefly in place, but did not like what I saw. I never did anything further in that expansion, did not come back before MoP, didn't come back for the beginning of MoP, and regret not. I rejoined WoW some time later (I think after Rift lost all of my interest) and was thoroughly impressed with MoP and to this day I wish I had played for all of MoP. It has some fantastic raids and a wonderful storyline, with BEAUTIFUL scenery and cinematics. I played the shit out of the Timeless Isle and got to be a casual in a guild that was pushing high-level mythic SoO, didn't want to get back into hardcore raiding, but I got some normal clears in.
    Then WoD came, like everyone else - super excited at the beginning, but quickly lost interest. I came back at the end of WoD and played a lot of catch-up and enjoyed the Tanaan Jungle, though it certainly was no Timeless Isle, it was just a mess.
    Legion I played most of, BfA might have been the least, however. Quit only a month or two after launch, came back here and there for little stints. Have hardly put any real time into BfA.

So... after typing it all out and really considering everything, it has to be BfA.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

BFA.

Played all of TBC/WOTLK, played Cata launch, occasional login therafter until Dragon Soul where I raided. MOP Launch, occasional/casual until SOO where I played a decent bit. WOD played whole expansion but quit after clearing Mythic HFC in 2015. Played Legion until mid way through Nighthold, did a casual TOS run when it launched, I specifically remember passing on helping my guildies kill Heroic KJ so I could raid on a TBC private server, then came back at the end to do mage tower on alts. Played BFA launch, did some M+ and then quit, didn't raid.

BFA is the worst expansion for me, lots of small things annoyed me enough that I just couldn't be fucked to keep playing it, waste of time. People hate on WOD because it was a lazy shit expansion, but it was great for raiding. In WOD you could raid log and still be in a good guild, there was no need to play outside of raids to stay optimal and I loved that because I don't want to play WoW fucking all day, I just want to log on and raid and then log off.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    This is example of why using a poll like this as a pseudo critique of BfA (or any other expansion) is utterly irrelevant.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    MOP, I guess. Due to following reasons: 1) First attempt to remove flying 2) PVP-biased xpack 3) Terrible story with evil Horde 1.0 4) First attempts to force rep-grinds 5) First attempts to make claustrophobic outdoor design 6) Second class mechanics nerf instead of turning back to WotLK mechanics 7) Extremely boring dungeons and raids (in comparison with WotLK and Cata) 8) First signs of overtuned content (like overtuned SoO LFR)

Almost the same reasons, why BFA is bad, simply because BFA is essentially MOP 2.0.
    I was going to come and say how wrong you are because that is my favorite expansion and this one is nothing like it, but then I realized your name is “WoWisDead” and that your lame WoW-hating ass needs to find a better hobby

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria for me. I actually really enjoyed what I played of it, I just had a lot going on then that seriously limited my free time

I’ve enjoyed all of the expansions I’ve played Wrath-BFA but I probably played the least during MoP for irl reasons.