Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why is MMO Champion full of retail garbage ?

I hardly ever post but it's really bothering me that everytime i come on the site all i see is useless retail garbage and nothing else and was curious to know is this because of MMO Champion or is it because of blizzard limiting information on classic stuff ?

If the latter it would be good to have a section just for classic updates / news / information that we could click on at the top next to the overwatch button etc

probably because Classic is a 15 year old game with no actual new content being released. Why post about "new" content that came out 13+ years ago?

It's almost like classic doesn't have, nor will it ever have anything new.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eironn View Post
    I hardly ever post but it's really bothering me that everytime i come on the site all i see is useless retail garbage and nothing else and was curious to know is this because of MMO Champion or is it because of blizzard limiting information on classic stuff ?

If the latter it would be good to have a section just for classic updates / news / information that we could click on at the top next to the overwatch button etc
    Please do bring an example of the classic content you would like to see posted

What Classic News?

Hey guys the next phase is out!
    Hey guys someone killed Nef
    Hey guys there's free server transfers that all of ya'll going to ignore!

Though you do get the actual "oh hey oops that wasn't supposed to be there" hotfix I guess

I mean ...retail is like ACTUALLY updating and actually has news to say..I mean we are talking the difference between local news in Nowhere Nebraska and local news in New York City....

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Please do bring an example of the classic content you would like to see posted
    Maybe they should have a dedicated classic section for weekly maintenance, and when the servers are getting DDoS'd.

/S

Classic offers nothing new that has not been done before so why does it warrent anything other than a sub forum, classic is not better than what retail WoW offers its just a slightly different version of the game that players will also lose interest in.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Maybe they should have a dedicated classic section for weekly maintenance, and when the servers are getting DDoS'd.

/S
    so what wowhead already provides....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    so what wowhead already provides....
    Hence the /S which is used to indicate sarcasm.

Because Classic has no 'new' content. 'Retail' is the only version of WoW that is actually progressing.

If you want to stay inside your 'Classic bubble' then just stick the Classic section on the WoW website and never go off it.

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Just scroll back far enough and youll get your vanilla news.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because retail has news and Classic really doesn't.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account

Awww...someone sad that Classic has nothing to it at all and Retail is getting a new patch soon and new expansion next year?

Maybe you should take a break, you're obviously suffering from Retail Derangement Syndrome like so many other Classic players.

One game version got minor status news about phase X,Y,Z and everything follows the predestined release plan for the static content of the game with static, allready known facts about everything.

While the other gets hundred of changes for the next major patch, a new raid tier, new item stats, lots of class/balancing changes, a whole new mythic+ affix and its obvious why the game version with so many new things is discusses more, because its simply NEW and UNKNOWN.

Really hard to get, is it?
    -

10+ Year Old Account

Forgive my insolence, but what 'updates/news/information' are you looking for that you dont yet already have?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Things i was referring to where just upcoming changes / any bug fixes / any kind of content e.g videos , tutorials and anything else related to classic content i've been a member here for a long time and i come here reguarly to browse but all i see is retail stuff its boring its a dead game you can all talk rubbish about classic and be retail fanboys but i've probably played longer on retail and acomplished more than 99.9% of the people commenting this thread the game died years ago and has continously declined since then its pretty much the exact reason why private servers were so popular and why classic even became a thing

I think MMO Champion should dedicate a page for classic news / content not just a subforum but its up to them really not going to comment again because i cbf for this retail vs classic rubbish in my eyes retail is dead and i won't ever play it again

Peace

They post their 1 or 2 bug fixes every other week (which is all they get). Do you just want a site dedicated to posting literally nothing for days on end?

Go to wowhead for that

When something new is announced the front page here has it

On another topic I recommend you head to your local Walmart and grab some new bait because yours is weak

Things i was referring to where just upcoming changes / any bug fixes / any kind of content e.g videos , tutorials and anything else related to classic content i've been a member here for a long time and i come here reguarly to browse but all i see is retail stuff its boring its a dead game you can all talk rubbish about classic and be retail fanboys but i've probably played longer on retail and acomplished more than 99.9% of the people commenting this thread the game died years ago and has continously declined since then its pretty much the exact reason why private servers were so popular and why classic even became a thing

I think MMO Champion should dedicate a page for classic news / content not just a subforum but its up to them really not going to comment again because i cbf for this retail vs classic rubbish in my eyes retail is dead and i won't ever play it again

Peace
    ......sigh

1. The game obviously isn't dead...dead to you =/= dead SWOTR is basically dead to me but the game still has people playing and enjoying it..and still gets pretty regular updates

2. Tutorials and stuff can be found LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE on here...its like I can find tutorials for Marvel vs Capcom 2 everywhere..despite the fact that not only is that a 20 year old game but 2 games came afterwards and the latest one was so panned that it basically stopped getting updates ON RELEASE and there is still a huge community for all 3 games...the chances of someone finding something new in classic is slim to none and if it happens..it will come on here

3. They do release bug fixes and stuff on it...just most of the time its "hey we're working on it","hey we fixed it its (paragraph)" and "Phase X will be released (Date)" just well it gets overwhelmed by "HEY LOOK AT ALL THIS OTHER STUFF"...PTR changes weekly with craptons of datamining and stuff. Bugfixes and patch notes happen maybe...every so often and there really isn't much to datamine in Classic.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

because 8.3 is around the corner and retail WoW has a lot of new stuff coming out..... Classic WoW, meanwhile, has no new content coming out because it is all old content that is not worth covering other than a mention because it has been covered before