Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Dude I comprehend your posts just fine, fuck off. How long are you going to keep retreading the same non-argument?

At this point it's pretty clear you're just arguing to argue and you have no actual argument other than "BLIZZ SAID IT BEFORE", which I don't even think is necessarily true. I wish I could ignore moderators on this forum, good grief.
    Let's see I've stated that Blizzard has commented on this before and then I copied a breakdown on why this isn't possible and that's just the beginning of the logistics. So no, it's not retreading over and over. You've yet to provide any information on why this should be possible or why it's easy as it's clear you haven't done any work on databases or anything of this size.

There are a lot of reasons why it won't work and a reasons why it can and will clash. Doing a server transfer within your region is one thing. Do an account transfer across regions is a completely different beast when the game servers and databases weren't designed with the idea from the start. Newer games can do this because it is something they took into consideration as time evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It is that hard. They've said in the past it's essentially two different games internally infrastructure wise. Think of it as NA being WoW and EU being Overwatch and that's how they'd have to transfer the characters and why it isn't possible. They'd have to do a lot of infrastructure work to get it to work and it isn't worth the time or money to do so.

You think transfer costs now are high, just imagine the cost for region transfer in order to recoup the money they wasted on making it available.

Games that allow it now had it in from the start, where WoW didn't.
    what are you smoking ? connecting to NA servers is a matter of Minutes setting it up

Same problem. I moved from the EU to the US around 7 years ago. I still play on my EU account but it’s so annoying. So many issues. Especially, last one. I pre-purchased Shadowland. One copy I gifted to my wife. No issues whatsoever but when I tried to buy it for myself, the online shop requested to switch to the EU shop and I have to pay more for the same game. So, I have been forced to overpay because of my account. On top of that, I have to pay my subscription in Euro. Also, I have latency, empty servers... I even don’t remember how WoW looks like in daylight because I can play only at night or early morning due to server time. Sometimes, we cannot do even island expeditions because we cannot find anyone. So, yes, we have a lot of fun but I still like this game. Of course, I have a US account but goddamit... I cannot do everything over again. It's just too much for me. I am ready to pay 200, 300 or even more bucks to make a transfer but I guess it will never happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It is that hard. They've said in the past it's essentially two different games internally infrastructure wise. Think of it as NA being WoW and EU being Overwatch and that's how they'd have to transfer the characters and why it isn't possible. They'd have to do a lot of infrastructure work to get it to work and it isn't worth the time or money to do so.

You think transfer costs now are high, just imagine the cost for region transfer in order to recoup the money they wasted on making it available.

Games that allow it now had it in from the start, where WoW didn't.
    Sort of but not exactly.

In the case of accounts in WoW versus Overwatch, those would be two completely different data structures. With WoW US versus WoW EU, the data structure would be exactly the same, so it would not be hard to transfer data. The problem is that the data store is the source of truth for the specific region it is in ... the game, billing, account management, etc are all tied into that source of truth. To transfer between regions there would need to be a new orchestration layer on top in order to coordinate between the data stores in the separate regions. And like you said, had they built it that way from the beginning it would have been easier than trying to add it in now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    what are you smoking ? connecting to NA servers is a matter of Minutes setting it up
    You sound like someone who has zero experience with engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Sort of but not exactly.

In the case of accounts in WoW versus Overwatch, those would be two completely different data structures. With WoW US versus WoW EU, the data structure would be exactly the same, so it would not be hard to transfer data. The problem is that the data store is the source of truth for the specific region it is in ... the game, billing, account management, etc are all tied into that source of truth. To transfer between regions there would need to be a new orchestration layer on top in order to coordinate between the data stores in the separate regions. And like you said, had they built it that way from the beginning it would have been easier than trying to add it in now.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like someone who has zero experience with engineering.
    and you sound like someone who thinks it takes 10years

whats ur fucking point ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Sort of but not exactly.

Oh yeah I agree. I just typically use two different game comparisons so people understand it's different behind the scenes, but as you said you went into a lot more detail. That as you can see the person replying to you still isn't understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    and you sound like someone who thinks it takes 10years

whats ur fucking point ??????????????
    Just because you dislike the answer that was given and the facts behind it doesn't mean you have to attempt to be rude about it as they remind me of a child who isn't getting their way. No one says it takes 10 years. It would take them several months to do so and even then it likely wouldn't be worth it to them. They have various metrics they use to gauge this stuff. The cost of labor to get this going, any infrastructure, etc isn't going to be worth it to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    This so much. I plan to eventually live in Japan and I'd be good to have an option to transfer to US realms for better latency.
    Yeah...I'm considering leaving the country one day, especially if Trump is re-elected as he and his cronies are actively working to get my freedoms revoked. Would be nice to have a transfer as I have a lot of stuff linked to my account including the collectors edition of every expansion. Or else I may not play...